Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We want to hear from you: technical concerns, glitches, or bugs

A_CX_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Update: Thread Closed

We appreciate all your valuable feedback, in helping us identify crucial updates for our portals. The team is committed to addressing remaining issues. We ask you to contribute future feedback under our Get Support board to ensure posts are seen and responded to by our support members. Thank you!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Community Members, 

As you embrace the new way to experience mobility with Public Mobile, we want to know how your experience is, and if there are any issues you’ve encountered along the way. While we aim high, we know there’s room to grow. With your valuable feedback, we’ll keep innovating to deliver an even better experience. 

Use this thread to share any technical concerns, glitches, or bugs you've come across. Your valuable feedback will help our team identify and resolve issues effectively. 

Note: We will do our best to provide answers and updates to your questions. The team is working hard to share your feedback with our product teams to help resolve on-going issues. For support-related inquiries, please connect with our Oracles and Community experts for assistance. 

We'll be posting workarounds, updates and troubleshooting tips along the way.

Thank you,
Public Mobile Team

Please note: I am not a CS Agent and can't provide 1:1 support.
I do not monitor my direct messages.
398 REPLIES 398

Unfortunately, not helpful if you do not have physical access to the device for the initial set-up!

YES... BRING BACK the ability to turn OFF 2FA on the account! I need to manage MULTIPLE accounts... this would make it a NIGHTMARE!

Or in suspended or Lost status!

SAME BOAT! I manage MULTIPLE accounts.... kids, elderly family that are not tech savvy, etc.

ANOTHER Catch-22 by PM.

Did ANYONE at PM actually think this through? Apparently not.

Please fix these MANY issues ASAP! I have accounts that are due for renewal that need attention and I cannot get in!

Correct...only text and voicemail.

You have created a Catch-22.

My account is suspended (manually). I cannot receive a text or even a voice message. As a result, I cannot receive a confirmation code to get into my account. So I cannot even take my account out of Suspended status!

BRILLIANT!!!

Please fix this ASAP!

pm-smayer97
Mayor / Maire

Why was this change never announced? No warning as to what was coming and what was required. So no opportunity to plan ahead. So now people are locked out of their accounts and cannot make changes. And some may be CRITICAL, such as to avoid their account becoming suspended, or worse, deactivated!

THAT is a BIG DEFECT!

Please FIX ASAP!

bakoukous
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can't login - when I enter my credentials and get sent back to the Main Page. I've been trying since yesterday on different browsers.

I recently ported-out my number to Fongo and need to check that my credit card won't still be charged as my subscription was on auto-pay. Thanks.

@Liladogservants   Yes, Community manager acknowledged that they are aware issue with plan change and working on a fix.   Please hold on and try again later

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/New-PM-website-not-loading-and-cannot-cha...

Liladogservants

Seem to be having an issue with plan changes. We attempted to change our plan to the new $39/20GB plan as of renewal date, but there is no indicator on the account page that it took, and no confirmation email. Clicking on change subscription again just leaves a continuous spinning loading page.

Bunnyhop
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I did eventually got it fixed but the saved login did say telus.

@Bunnyhop 

any chance you have a login with Telus as well? Sometimes the Telus login could mess up the PM login 

try Incognito mode or try on a different browser

Bunnyhop

Apparently when I have tried logging in on desktop after setting up the new login screen on my phone, the password doesn't go through and kept locking me out for a hour.

angelaunrau22

Be cateful with changinging your plan on renewal date unless you want your plan to vhange on the the you change it. 

I am very dissapointed as i am allready struggling with money and now an extra charge has been added after just paying for my plan 10 days ago...

Lisahaa1

Thank you so much for your advice! It works now!

@OpaD1 wrote:

sign up for new account (with new Phone number) with an Email which was used for an expired account (6month already expired. 9m without payment on it)

But somehow the EverSafe systems remembers that old number. Now I can't access my new Account as I don't have access to that old Phone number/can't get SMS for that number. 

Message after login: 

We’ve noticed you have an active Public Mobile service and would like to confirm your full access.
A 6 digit code associated with your EverSafe ID will be sent to phone number . We will need you to confirm this number.

Re-using previously active email address, even if out of commission for years, was never possible in the old system and would return an error message at sign-up. Using a fresh alias was good workaround (i've only ever used the name{at}gmail.com => n.ame{at}gmail.com versions here, so I can't speak for the name+something{at}gmail.com versions)

I'm surprised (or not?!?) that EverSafe let you create an account with a, in the data base, already existing e-mail. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sure I am technically a customer of Public Mobile but I used to be authorized with them, I never stopped selling them third party so I have been using their systems for a very very long time and remember when I could call customer support with the number on my Portal before it was shut down.. the good old days.

Long story short, I refer 15+ people per month by doing this and I feel like Public could have used someone like me with the development team to help decide what would be beneficial changes considering i know what customers want and always ask for. I have alot of recommendations and I refer and activate more people than probably anyone else in Canada on a monthly basis. Public should have asked what we wanted for change before making all these changes we didn't want, because now it's going to be months and months before anything is working normally again. There should have also been a warning via text and email about these changes before hand to prepare people. 

I think they should keep the old website and the old system running for the people who don't want to switch to this yet, they should do this on oldpublicmobile.ca, and than they can shut it down when this system is finally fully fixed and running, but in the meantime I don't know how they expect anyone to do anything with this new system. We need something done or we need to be credited for all the inconveniences, because when I have even the slightest issue with my Bell account I use the online chat and immediately have a $10-$20 credit for all the headaches its caused me. 

gb23

It seems there's something like that, you can mark a device as trusted and it won't ask for 2FA on sign in.

gb23

Are you sure it's a US Roaming add on? Only the Canadian ones should last longer than 10-15 days.

@jmalekz wrote:

I bought a 1 GB data add-on a few months ago but it didn't work. It's still listed in my accounts active add-ons...will it work on my next trip to the US?

@jmalekz , U.S. Roaming Add-Ons expire 15 days after purchasing. It should be gone!

IMG_0061.jpeg

jmalekz

I bought a 1 GB data add-on a few months ago but it didn't work. It's still listed in my accounts active add-ons...will it work on my next trip to the US?

limabean

No it didnt let me. Tried to change the number and it said that person A's number was already linked to another eversafe ID. Anyway i kind of fixed the issue by going to "forgot password" on login, and using person A's original account email...

However, person A now has 2 "my account" logins (one using their original email with the correct eversafe phone number, & the other with the email I tried switching it to along with it having person B's phone number for 2FA). Hopefully this will not cause further issues like getting double charged.

Not sure if this made sense. 

@limabean wrote:

Have a very similar issue to yours. I control some of my family's accounts as they are actually incapable of doing it themselves. I changed person A's account email to one that was once used for another family member's account (person B). Anyhow, the eversafe ID for person A started using person's B phone number for 2FA as it somehow remembered the email from person B. PM agent said they can't fix it. This site change is really messy: wouldn't let me edit the eversafe ID phone number for person A.

Hope your issue gets sorted out, sounds like a bigger issue.

@limabean , from the online account if you go to the profile tab and manage EverSafe ID, do you see the correct phone number and email address linked up there?  I would imagine all the important details linked to a particular account should be editable from there.  

Hi @Anonymous I guess PM now like many other site is not giving the option to disable it.  At the moment, all you can do is to trust the device

Anonymous
Not applicable

technical concerns: disable MFA/2FA on an Account

that was possible on old system. You can put it behind few "legal disclaimer confirmation pop-up-dialogs" but would be a good option. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lisahaa1   Is the Shaw account still active?  If it is call the Telus porting # which I'll private message (check message box top right)  and they will request that Shaw resubmit the transfer SMS.   Keep your Shaw SIM in your phone and responded within the 90 min. window. 

Lisahaa1

@CS_Agent

I registered a number yesterday. I got the text to port over my number. The email said to confirm the porting of number type ‘yes’ or the request would be cancelled in 90 minutes. I replied ‘yes’. I got an email from my carrier (Shaw Mobile) to confirm the porting of the number and it said to confirm type ‘yes’. So I typed ‘yes’. After 6 hours my number still didn’t work and then I called my carrier. Shaw said that it was cancelled from the Public Mobile side. Now I’m trying to contact someone at Public Mobile to re-send me the porting email so I can confirm it again.

limabean

Have a very similar issue to yours. I control some of my family's accounts as they are actually incapable of doing it themselves. I changed person A's account email to one that was once used for another family member's account (person B). Anyhow, the eversafe ID for person A started using person's B phone number for 2FA as it somehow remembered the email from person B. PM agent said they can't fix it. This site change is really messy: wouldn't let me edit the eversafe ID phone number for person A.

Hope your issue gets sorted out, sounds like a bigger issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@OpaD1   Sorry to hear that but yeah lots of things have become quite messy around here since the update.  Hopefully, most of it gets sorted before long.

Need Help? Let's chat.