Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We’ve made some exciting updates to Self Serve

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

We’ve made some exciting updates to Self Serve, including a full make-over! We’re hoping you’ll agree that along with loving our new look and feel, you’ll also find our new Self Serve easier to navigate, making it a much better experience overall.

So log in to Self Serve https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/, check it out and comment with your feedback. Let us know if you experience any issues so we can make the necessary adjustments.

Your Public Mobile Team!

173 REPLIES 173

hotcakes
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'm a new customer, as of last night. You were doing maintenance yesterday (I registered right in the middle of it, so I had a few minor hiccups) so I didn't log in for the first time until earlier today.

I was going to take a look and make some suggestions if any, as I'm a senior UX designer and could surely give good input on this, but I can't log in anymore. It took over 3 minutes just for the login page to load, and now I'm getting a 503 Service unavailable error trying to log in.

When you get that taken care of, I'd be happy to take a look as a "new user" with no old baggage to compare it to.

vrance
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @Jeremy_M, I tried to access the online self serve since yesterday when @Mansi_G sent the private message on the new self serve, but timeout in several occasions.  Finally I am able to sign-in now.  The look and feel is much better, and contain the summary information like the data usage on the front page.  However, I notice that the autopay amount excludes all the rewards which is not the same as previous self servce (I remember that the previous self serve should the autopay amount = plan selected - fund available in the account - rewards.  Not sure if this is just the display issue or the actual autopay amount will be incorrect.

Attempting to log-in to self-serve, no luck, needs to be optimized for positive experience

@abreo27 Unfortunately, there isn't. Self-serve is the only way to pay. But given the problem you are facing, you should send in a webmail to PM Support using the Contact Us link in the footer below. PM support will respond to you within 48 hours, failing which we can have a community manager here escalate your issue internally to get a prompt resolution.

@abreo27 wrote:

Have been trying to pay using self serve by hours now... is there any other way to pay for services?

Autopay is the way to go. You save $2 per 30 days. 

Tried changing plan since i want to change it before renewal. 

After selecting what i want (new plan), i clicked "Change on next renewal date" and nothing happens. 

abreo27
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Have been trying to pay using self serve by hours now... is there any other way to pay for services?

Indeed it takes really long time to load every page. 

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@srlawren

Great catch! I will bring this forward.

Thank you!

TroyDaBes
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Opening the self serve is still so slow. It really take its time to open Smiley LOL

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @Jeremy_M,

One thing I've noticed, is on the main landing page (the home page), it is displaying the amount of data I've used from my 6GB plan amount, but the label says "Amount Remaining", which in this case is incorrect:

Data_HomePage.png

i was trying to get a screen shot of my Add-on usage to confirm that the amount in the green box is how much I've used vs. how much I have remaining, but the page is just spinning and spinning again due to the performance problem, so you'll just have to take my word on it for now!

Thanks,
Scott

EDIT: the same applies to the 200 long distance minutes add-on below--I've used zero and have 200 remaining, not the other way around.  Thanks!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Since you asked for feedback, it looks like the porting form in self-serve is still not working. See this post for more info:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Maintenance-scheduled-we-ll-be-back-soon...

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

This slowness is a major pain, and this is the second day of it.  I hope it gets cleared up quickly so we can all enjoy the updated self-service interface.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Personally, I wouldn't bother sending an email unless there's some specific change you wanted to make through self-serve (or, if you wanted to check your usage, you can ask them to send you that by email).

The slow loading of self-serve is a known issue that is already being worked on, as confirmed multiple times by @Jeremy_M, so sending an email to PM Support won't make any difference (except maybe delaying responses to other people who need help with urgent service issues).

Daniel
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

The latency issue is due to the the maintenance we completed on the back-end. This is a pain-point for our customers - but we are working hard on getting this issue resolved.

@Jeremy_M

This is my domain! I'm a server manager and in charge of R&D for a hosting company!!!

@Jeremy_M wrote:

@7789849803

When changing your user-name in Self Serve - It will actually change your email address as well.

Wow - that's major progress, then!

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@7789849803

When changing your user-name in Self Serve - It will actually change your email address as well.

@Daniel

Great to hear that! The latency issue is due to the the maintenance we completed on the back-end. This is a pain-point for our customers - but we are working hard on getting this issue resolved.

@AndroidDav3 The screen-shot you provided is due to the issue we are experiencing with Latency.Robot Mad

@makkahn28 Email validation from Self Serve is another small glitch we are working on....don't worry you won't lose access to your account

Thank you for the input!

Hi. @Jeremy_M, So far, Self-Serve seems OK. Slow loadings though. BTW, validating email? How?

Daniel

Hi @sanabra,

I've notice that the new seflserve area is currently slow right now. This is most likelly due to a very high level of trafic on the site since they've just reopen the section.

I'm pretty positive that if yiou try in a hour or so, it should work. But if it still doesn't work, open up a ticket here : http://publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help to advise the suppot team about your problem.

AndroidDav3
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi @Jeremy_M

Got the error screen below in the 'Change My Base Plan' screen when clicking on 'TRY OUT MORE OPTIONS' link.

PM_Exception.jpg

sanabra
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
My account login is not working. It shows the following error message after about 4 minutes of trying to login.

"generic error".
Oh no!
It looks like something went wrong, but don't panic.

When would the system be back?

Thanks.

Daniel

I like the front page, and I see we are getting closer to being able to manage multiple account from the same place with the account number dropdown box.

On the down side, you really need a server upgrade! the load time is really slow! I'll play more with the new area a little later!

Mayor / Maire

I have to say, I'm disappointed that there's still no provision to change ones email address using the new self-serve system.

Need Help? Let's chat.