Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We’re sorry, we’re experiencing some issues

Moid_I
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

We know some of you have been experiencing intermittent issues with our service over the last couple of weeks. We feel your pain and are working really hard to get these issues fixed as soon as we can.

In the meantime, we are all here to help! So if you have encountered any of the problems below, please follow the instructions to contact us and we’ll make things right.

1. If you are having issues with Activating a new Public Mobile account, follow these steps:

• Go here 
  • Click “Contact Us” 
  • Make the following selections:  

SIM & Activation > Activation > I activated my phone and SIM card in past 24 hours > I did receive an error message > Email Us

1. If you are having issues with Renewing Your Plan, follow these steps:

• Go here 
  • Click “Contact Us”   

My Account > Billing and Payments > My account is active > I know my current balance /     amount owing > I need help with a credit card payment online > Email Us

1. If you have beencharged an incorrect amount during activation, follow these steps:

• Go here 
  • Click “Contact Us”   

SIM & Activation > Activation > I activated my phone and SIM card in past 24 hours > I did receive an error message > Email Us

Last updated on 25/11/2015 

149 REPLIES 149

@mccans Please let us know once you've sent the webmail.

Martin
Legend
Legend
@aguyfromontario,

Thank you for being supportive of my post.

Cheers.

aguyfromontario
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I agree with Martin!

I use to work for the company who is providing support for this network. TELUS.. they have amazing coverage and are fully throughout Canada. the network as been strong for a long time. perhaps using the Tower Locater Tool free in both app stores may be a solution for you to locate bad coverage areas. P.S. Im using Telus now.. (went back for personal reasons) however I keep my tablet (iPad mini 3 with cellular 4G LTE) with PM! no issues anywhere my cell gets coverage!

PLEASE send PM an email.. they will do their best to rectify the situation promptly!

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

We are customers like you; therefore your use of "your" is misdirected.

Secondly, if you have a problem that can't be rectified in this community, sending webmail to customer assistance is an absolute necessity.

No webmail ---> no resolution.

FYI.

mccans
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I commute long distances and if I was on the road today I would have been in trouble. No service.

The problem is ths is the 2nd time in less than a week I have had no service.

Your service used to be excellent. Now I have no cell signal and no way to get it fixed. How can your webisite have issues for a week now. 

mccans

Thanks but that's not the problem. 

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

Remove your SIM card and your battery, if removable, for approximately 5 minutes. Check each of them for unusual wear and tear. If none is present, reinsert them, ensuring that nothing is loose. Toggle flight mode back and forth with the phone's power on. If that does not correct the problem, send a web mail to customer assistance. If you have not received a reply within 48 consecutive hours, or if you have received a reply within 48 consecutive hours without a working solution, inform this community. A community manager will then be alerted to your situation, who will initiate contact and work with you until your problem is resolved.

Hang in there!©

mccans

2nd time. No cell service. Cannot use the service I payed for. Public Mobile was awesome until a week ago. My Account is unusable and always having problems. What happened?

mike_m
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@zhangsan

Good Morning and welcome to PM. Indeed there is another way to pay. May I suggest that after last nights updates to Self Serve that you first try  to register your new credit card in self serve area. If that method is still not working you may pay with a Payment Voucher. These are usually available at some gas bars and small shops. Go to this link. http://publicmobile.ca/en/on/how-to-pay

Scroll down the page and you will see your payment options. Just below the options is a form where you can insert your address or postal code. When submitted the various places to purchase a Payment Voucher will be displayed. 

These are Not prepaid credit cards, ask the clerk for a payment voucher which should be linked up to their payment/debit machine. Ask for the amount you wish and make payment, be sure to get the receipt for your transaction which has the Public Mobile PIN to be inserted into your Self Serve Account. 

Hope this may be of some help to you. 

Cheers

@zhangsan Here are your 2 options:

(1) You can call 611 from your phone to pay using the automated phone system.

(2) You can send an email to PM Support who will fix the self-serve issue or offer you other assistance to tide over the problem. Please be aware that it can take them upto 48 hours to respond, so the sooner you send the message, the earlier it will be resolved. You can click on the "Contact Us" link in the footer below to send a webmail to PM support.

zhangsan

Sub: How can I pay?

I cancelled my credit card a couple days ago. And when I tried to change a new credit card to pay, I found the systems cannot achieve it. When the probem can be fixed, or is there any other way to pay?

Thanks.

@keyz, please go here for the French community: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Communaut%C3%A9-Public-Mobile/ct-p/Public_Mobile_Commu...

In the meanwhile, maybe @Jeremy_M can offer you some assistance?

keyz

J'ai toujours le meme problem cela fait plus de 48h que jai contacter le soutien techinque AUCUNE REPONSE j'ai contacter 5 different agent de PM aucune reponse .. vous mavez repondu hier depuis aucune reponse aucune resolution .. jai personne a qui parler au madresser pis 60$ a tjrs ete passer sur Visa 48h plus tard mon telephone fonctionne toujours pas ?

Ben

Yes I meant 10 days. I will send a msg to PM to change my plan. Really hope the self serve portal starts working again soon, it's much more convenient than having to send a message.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

Unless the plans have changed, there is none lasting 15 days. There are 10-, 30-, and 90-day plans.

FYI.

If you already have the plan you want and are freshly starting anew, you should be OK. On occasion, if needing add-on, best to wait, or sent email or pm to a PM rep.

Hopefully the fixes will be kicking in soon

youbme
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hello @Ben,

This is a known issue - an unintended consequence of the maintence work going on this week. Hopefully it will be resolved soon.

In the mean time, I would go ahead and send a message to PM via the "Get Help" link explaining that you would like to change your plan immediately and they should be able to process it for you.

Ben

Hi I am trying to login to http://selfserve.publicmobile.ca and it doesn't work. When I enter my username and password and click login, it just sits there for a few mins then times out. I was able to login successfully about 5 days ago but I've been trying all day today and yesterday with no luck. I'm sure the problem is not with my computer or connection because the rest of the internet works fine.

I am trying to switch from the 15 day plan to the 90 day plan which I need to do very soon as my 15 days will expire in a day or two. Please advise!

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@ronhuges

When you have a chance please view your private message inbox.

Cheers!

@Mansi_G / @Jeremy_M: Could you please help @ronhuges with the payment issues described in posts above?

It has been more than 48 hours since the initial email was sent in, and the problem has still not been rectified.

@ronhuges: Hang tight - help is on the way.

ronhuges

Their reply email was Nov 15th.

I tried 611 but get an automated French response. I don't speak french. And none of the usual numbers plus # do anything.

The self-serve account now asks for my email verification, but when I click the link, and it then says, "Verfication link has been sent to your registered e-mail address," there is no email sent.  Tried twice, and my email is still listed in the account.

The account pages run extremely slowly.

tylejami335

Thanks for the heads up PM! 

- TJ

@ronhuges How long has it been since you sent PM Support an email about this? Has it been more than 48 hours?

Also, since you're on a legacy plan, you may have 611 phone support available to you. Please confirm.

ronhuges

Thanks Martin.

Here's their email reply:

"Hello,

Thank you for your e-mail. Could you try to remove your auto payment and  put it back in your self serve. It should resolve the issue.

Regards,

Julie"

Unfortunately, there's no "auto payment" button on the self-serve account page. I want to add a new card number. The "Payment" and "Make a Payment" buttons go to the same page which doesn't allow for the card change.

Incidentally, one line says, "You must make a payment by Dec 14, 2015 to keep your phone number and any remaining add-ons." (Within a month of not paying.)  Another on the same page says, "Your account has been suspended. Make a payment to reactivate your current plan. Suspended accounts are deactivated after 90 days if payment is not received. You will lose your phone number and service."

I require further assistance from a moderator here.

Thanks.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

With regard to posting a new thread, go to the board/section that pertains to your question, and type it there.

If your new intended thread is similar to your above post, please refrain from posting it. It is considered spamming, which is contrary to community norms.

Cheers.

Martin
Legend
Legend

Hello,

Send a web mail to customer assistance with your personal and account details so that they will not have to write to you requesting same. Wait 48 consecutive hours for a reply. If you do not receive a reply, or if you receive a reply without a working solution, inform this community. A community manager will then be alerted to your situation, who will initiate contact and work with you until your problem is resolved.

Alternatively, you can disable auto-pay and then place $19 into your positive credit balance from your credit card on file. The system may recognize it as a payment waiting to be collected, in which case your service will be shortly restored. The choice of options is yours, obviously.

Hang in there!©

ronhuges

I have the $19 plan. The Nov. 14th autopayment didn't go through. The account says plan deleted.

What do I do now? Eg, not sure to redo the autopay thing. Might make things worse.

Thanx.

How do I post a new thread here?

tlou093

Hello. Thank you for your response.

I submitted by "contact us" an email around 8pm on Nov 8.

I'm using iphone 6s+ and I've checked it's working with public mobile.

Mansi_G
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hi @tlou093 - Could you confirm when did you submit an email using Contact Us? 

tlou093

Hello.

I activated the new sim card and do the number transport at the same time 48 hours ago. And I got absolutely transferred because my old provider stopped my service in 2 hours. But 46 hours later, the PUBLIC MOBILE still gives me NO SERVICE on my phone. I tried turning off and on the phone for at least 10 times and tried the CONTACT US part and there's still no solution yet.

Any clues? 

Need Help? Let's chat.