Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We’re sorry, we’re experiencing some issues

Moid_I
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

We know some of you have been experiencing intermittent issues with our service over the last couple of weeks. We feel your pain and are working really hard to get these issues fixed as soon as we can.

In the meantime, we are all here to help! So if you have encountered any of the problems below, please follow the instructions to contact us and we’ll make things right.

1. If you are having issues with Activating a new Public Mobile account, follow these steps:

• Go here 
  • Click “Contact Us” 
  • Make the following selections:  

SIM & Activation > Activation > I activated my phone and SIM card in past 24 hours > I did receive an error message > Email Us

1. If you are having issues with Renewing Your Plan, follow these steps:

• Go here 
  • Click “Contact Us”   

My Account > Billing and Payments > My account is active > I know my current balance /     amount owing > I need help with a credit card payment online > Email Us

1. If you have beencharged an incorrect amount during activation, follow these steps:

• Go here 
  • Click “Contact Us”   

SIM & Activation > Activation > I activated my phone and SIM card in past 24 hours > I did receive an error message > Email Us

Last updated on 25/11/2015 

149 REPLIES 149

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi,

I read the Fair Use Policy. Though data was unlimited, it was throttled after paid-for data had been fully used.

FYI.

Actually Martin, PM implemented Fair Use policy last year back in April, Prior to that, It was Unlimited Data. I believe April 4 or somewhere in beginning of April PM implemented Fair Use, from what I recall

Was Implemented when PM was still using the Now Defunct CDMA PCS G Spectrum Block, a month prior to the Transition to Telus's HSPA+4G Network

Mansi_G
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @aguyfromontario – Self Serve Login issue is known to us and its being worked upon. If your account started working 2 days ago then most likely that will be considered your activation date so you won’t be losing service. You can check your next payment due date by calling *611.

You mentioned that you are waiting for porting to happen. Please ensure that you send all the relevant poring info to Support team.

Thanks @Cyber and @samadhi for the feedback – I will take it away to the team.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi,

You're welcome!

As far as I know, the Fair Use Policy no longer exists. Prior to PM being purchased by Telus, PM, in one or two of its plans, provided data. After the last bit of data was used, PM continued to supply free data, at potentially throttled speeds, in order to enforce fair usage amongst all customers, hence Fair Use Policy.

Cheers.

samadhi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When you click on the "Fair Use Policy" link on the "1. Let's Get Started" web page of the Public Mobile Online Activation sequence, it opens a new tab containing an online pdf of "Wireless Video Experience Optimization", not anything to do with "Fair Use Policy".

Tried it several times with the same result.

Another "glitch" for PM to fix.

Thanks go to Martin and Rockdaddy22 for your responses to my earlier Post in this Thread.

@Moid_I,

Are you aware that the change plan function "change plan on my next payment date" doesn't function ?

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
@samadhi it's definitely worth a try, I'd order an extra sim just in case you have problems with the first one. I'm using an iPhone 6s and I'm extremely happy with my PM service

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

Due to PM being in Beta with glitches occurring at random, you may have a trouble-free time becoming a customer. On the other hand, you may encounter a difficulty that will take two or three consecutive days to rectify.

Only you can determine, at this time, how important it is for you to become a Public Mobile customer.

If you do become one, let me be the first to say, welcome to Public Mobile!

Cheers.

samadhi

I'm hoping to receive in the near future the SIM card that I ordered so that I can activate and start my cell phone service with PM. Fortunately, I will not need to port a previous cell phone number.

I plan to start at the outset with a 90 day plan with an iPhone 6s Plus... this phone is said to be compatible with all of the larger carriers including Telus.

However, I have read literally dozens of Posts about people experiencing a multitude of problems with PM.

Therefore, should I also expect to be challenged with such problems rather than have an issue free experience?

Thanks in advance for "helpful" responses.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
@Mansi_G will be able to make any changes you need on her end, unfortunately it won't solve the self serve issues wich I'm also dealing with, but she'll get the port and anything else you need done.

Martin
Legend
Legend

@aguyfromontario,

I am now alerting @Mansi_G to your prolonged situation, and changing your middle name to "Glutton for Punishment".

2 weeks! OMG!

aguyfromontario
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

on a side note.. my account only started working yesterday with a temp number.. even though it was setup two weeks ago!

aguyfromontario

I have yet to hear everything.. and I have emailed every day since the 48 hour passed.. informing them of which email i am on. (the number) as well as that I am still locked out and awaiting my porting! soon i will have to pay another monthly bill for my other account... not impressed with that though...

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi,

If you've been waiting 2 weeks, have you sent a web mail to customer assistance?

If you waited more than 48 consecutive hours without a reply, or received a reply within 48 consecutive hours without a workable solution, has anyone alerted a community manager on your behalf that you have a problem that requires resolution?

aguyfromontario

LOL I understand all too well that being impatient never works.. Try working with cellular employee accounts lol.. that was like waiting to win the lottery.. when you did finally get a response.. you had already fixed it or purchased a new one!

Martin
Legend
Legend
"Patience" should be your middle name!

aguyfromontario

been trying for almost 2 weeks!

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi,

No.

The glitch maybe systemic, or specific to your account. With Public Mobile in Beta, one cannot differentiate one from the other without getting into the highly technical aspects of the problem. Try again in a few hours.

Good luck!

aguyfromontario

Any word on the General Error when trying to access the My Account? been stuck out of my account for a while!

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @Catherine,

If you mean legal connection, both PM and Koodo are companies wholly owned by Telus.

The person in the community was well-intentioned, but Koodo has no special ability to do anything PM-oriented, other than do the paperwork once YOU start the porting process.

If you have more questions, just ask!

Catherine

Thanks, that's very helpful. Someone in the Koodo community forum says a Koodo store / kiosk can make the change. Do they have some kind of special connection to PM besides sharing the same network?

Daniel
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @Catherine,

Technically, Koodoo and PM are using the same network, therefore a Koodoo phone should work on the PM network.

For the problem, currently it only when creating a new selfserve account. I've manage to activate a SIM car with a 90$ plan, but my selfserve wasn't working. (But I could easilly call, text and use data with the activated SIM).

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

It is untrue that your Koodo phone must be unlocked. PM shares the same network and frequencies as Koodo and Telus do.

PM IS self-serve; therefore, what affects PM affects self-serve. Due to glitches, you can port within 15 minutes as others have reported, or run into an obstacle that can take 2 or 3 consecutive days to resolve.

Please remember that PM is in Beta, and Beta is synonymous with glitches, which happen at random.

I hope that your porting occurs without any hiccups.

Cheers.

Catherine

I'd be porting from Koodo. I changed my email with them so that it's different from the one I hope to use with PM. Koodo says I must unlock my phone before I change to PM. Is that true? And is it only PM self-serve that's having issues? I've had PM in the very recent past, and found that once it was working, it was fine. I never tried to use self-serve. So, I should be OK once the porting has been completed, right?

Daniel

Hi @Catherine,

I'm sure PM will make a public annoucment when the selfserv e area will be back online. The selfserve issue is causing them so much problem that they will most likelly scream it out when it gonna be fixed!

Catherine

I hope there'll be a post letting potential new customers of yours (i.e. me) know when these issues have been resolved. Thanks.

Daniel

Hi @tonykung,

On the main community page : (http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Mobile-Community/ct-p/Public_Mobile_Community) You'll see a envelope on the upper left side of the screen.

Click on it to read your message.

tonykung

@Mansi_G I am sorry but how do I check the private messages ? LOL

Mansi_G
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hi @tonykung - That has been done. I have sent you the details in a private message.

tonykung

@Mansi_G Would you please ask them to activate the account for me first?

I have been waiting for the account activation for several days. I am ok with any number if I can still change it after a month.

Need Help? Let's chat.