Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: We’re expanding our Oracle team!

@CFPartDeux  Good idea 🤣

Mayor / Maire

@mimmo  ooooohh hoodie's? Now we're talking!. I know you did not get yours but by chance you have a picture?

@Jb456 wrote:

Well I'm not no Oracle but at beginning of the year (around when Covid started) Tiana sent a message for an invite to Toronto for a PM 2 day event. They were offering to pay round trip flights, hotel for three nights, meet n greet, dinner and a party. So not a new top of the line flagship phone but a new mid tier phone should be doable since PM, Koodo, Telus are number one lol. $20 credit a month for tasks (a job), a few hours of meetings and a little star next to your name saying Oracle is not really enticing. My plans already free to middle of 2022 so don't need a free $20 for all the headaches that come with being an Oracle. 

I didn't see the trip as a vacation. This was offered to all Oracles too. I saw it as another obligation.  Yes, there were nice aspects such as meeting people, free dinner, and a room, but let's not forget that it was 3 full days of unpaid work.  I wasn't buying into it.

Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541  was only 9 to 5 or 8 to 5 that was the obligation. No biggie really! You still had all evening to go out with friends. Plus it would have been on a weekend in TDOT you don't just eat dinner and back to your hotel room lol.

It was 2 days I believe. Fly in fly out or option to stay the next day.

@z10user4 wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

It is all about helping people, the rewards are a bonus and a nice one at that

Sure, except that all the stipulations that you and the Oracle team and the company want to impose make it into an obligatory duty which means a job which in this case means a poorly compensated one.

I won't get into some stuff publicly, but I will say that Public Mobile was given the feedback that I did not want to be made to feel obligated to perform tasks that I didn't wish to or attend sessions that I wasn't interested in. I was never told stuff such as "you must do this" or "your must participate in this activity",  but these changes to the program seem the exact opposiste of the feedback that I provided. Whether my sense of feeling oligations were real or simply the impression that I got, these changes aren't just a feeling.  What Public Mobile is expecting of Oracles is ridiculous, so much to the point, that I took a reward pay cut when I didn't have to.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

What an exciting announcement! I'm still relatively new to Public Mobile but it's great to provide such an opportunity to the community members. Good luck to those who are interested in this super important role!

@Jb456 wrote:

Now if they threw in a brand new cell. (A decent one, not cheapy) I'd consider lol.

That would be nice, but with the debates that sometimes occur because of the Community rewards, could you imagine what would happen when people want to gain entry to the program if that was something like that was done?  

Mayor / Maire

@CFPartDeux  here I made my badge 

4Q0H01606522101.jpg

Mayor / Maire

@Jb456 

We both missed out on that free trip thankfully for some the pandemic got everyone uninvited. But a free phone that would definetly convince me to apply! How I incorporate that statiscally into my next thread bemoaning the reward structure I am not sure.....giving up my ability to voice my opinion is priceless. No amount of free swag, rewards, free trips, phones or otherwise would convince me.

To be a good oracle is a calling and those who possess that quality know who they are and can easily see in others if they also have that altrustic characteristic or not. I wish the best to all those who apply who believe they possess it too......

Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 

Screenshot_20201127_185450.jpg

If it was not a silly apply process like PM is doing this round it would be a nice gesture for all current Oracle's and the new ones. The apply process should have been more personal.

I think they should have just reviewed active users, discussed with current Oracle's in your forums and then sent out private invites to apply if they wanted to. Instead of opening it up to almost everyone. That's more of a personal touch.

"Hey we noticed you are an active helpful member of the community. We have positions in our Oracle program available. Here's a link if you want to apply. Thank you for all the help and support you provide to members!"

Then once whoever gets picked and current Oracle's get options to choose a new phone for their effort for however long they been on the forums. Top Tier phones for all current Oracle's that have been an Oracle /Retired for years and mid tier phone for the new hires.

No harm in asking 😁

Need Help? Let's chat.