cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We’re expanding our Oracle team!

Melinda_H
Customer Support Agent

Hey Community,

We have some exciting news to share - we're looking to grow our Oracle program!

As Public Mobile continues to grow and expand, we're hoping to do the same with our Oracle program; not only are we looking for new and exciting opportunities for Oracles to get more involved with the Community and with Public Mobile, we are also looking to expand our Oracle team. 

We're looking to add passionate, knowledgeable Oracles to the team, and we would especially love to add diversity and representation from those that are bilingual French speakers, so we can better support our Community. 

The Oracle program is designed to recognize our most active and helpful Community members who are passionate and knowledgeable about all things Public Mobile, enjoy helping others, and are interested in providing feedback & participating in ideation with Public Mobile.

This time around, we'll be trying something new and will be using an application process to allow all who are interested to apply should you meet the criteria below:

Who we're looking for:

• Friendly, welcoming, positive individuals that want to make the Community a better place & help others
  • An active member of the Community for the past 12 months (you should be a top 25% contributor or higher for roughly 9 of the last 12 months)
  • Someone who is able to take on a minimum commitment of 1 year to the Oracle program
  • Individuals who want to be representatives of the Public Mobile Community, and who maintain and uphold our Community guidelines

Our expectations of Oracles:

Oracles are expected to be an active, involved member of the Community, and will be responsible for:

• Providing Community support such as answering questions and helping other members
  • Maintaining the Community by keeping it organized
  • Providing feedback & participating in beta testing and research sessions with Public Mobile 

What’s in it for you:

• Being the first to know about official Public Mobile news
  • Sneak-peeks at new Public Mobile projects and initiatives
  • Opportunities to provide feedback and weigh in on upcoming Public Mobile projects
  • Events with the Public Mobile team
  • Occasional Public Mobile swag
  • Oracle Community badge 
  • Unique Community privileges 
  • And last, but not least, a $20 Community Reward every 30 days!

Does the above sound like something you'd be interested in? If so, we'd love to hear from you via our application form here; please apply by Thursday December 3rd. We will be reaching out to the successful candidates later in the month to chat about next steps! 

- Public Mobile Community Team

227 REPLIES 227

@mpcdesign 

I attended OCA with a combination of loans and OSAP grants aka the Ontario Stereo Aquisition Program....lol! At 17 it was quite the adventure on my own in the big smoke. I took my third year off to "do" Europe needless to say the only souvenier I brought home was an irish husband and life got in the way of finishing my degree. 

Seeing as I look at the new Emily Carr everyday out of my bedroom window it would be nice to go back and finish it. Tuition is just a tad more then in my day.....1 full year ( 2 semesters of 7 full credits) when i attended covers 1 full credit course out of a nine credit yearly course load currently at Emily Carr. A four year graduate degree is 7 times the cost of what mine would have been.. I think i will keep staring.....

20200726_203817(0).jpg20200323_104625.jpg

@darlicious, wow, I went the cheap way and went to a community college, VCC, for design. Worked up the ranks after graduation. I promised myself if I couldn't get a job within a month of finishing at VCC, I would go back to school and get the proper credentials and degree. I was quite fortunate and landed a job as a graphic designer, which saw me living in Whistler, BC.

It was cursed and never snowed when I was there. Resigned and two weeks after I left, it snowed! Argh! Worked back in the city as a pre-press technician. Still freelancing at the side but also a part-time instructor now. I love teaching. A second-calling, I guess as one of the companies I was working for, trained other designers, and a colleague mentioned I should consider teaching in 2011. How fast ten years is approaching us!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RosieR wrote:

@Jb456 wrote:

Anyone get a message back? Everyone is so quiet 🤣 Mum's the word I guess lol. Unless they did not contact anyone yet? If they did, I do have a few ideas on maybe who. As some members have suddenly changed their writing styles 😅

Wish each and everyone one of you a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year!

@Jb456 I have noticed that also and that is really too bad.  

@RosieR 

What is too bad? That suddenly a crusty poster gets all squeaky clean therefore looking like a fake? For myself, I've been doing some other things like still settling in to a new place for 6 months still. I've been trying to decide if I should return a new tv and keep my old one that still works perfectly fine.

Some of us have lives.

I had something to say last night to a post that might not have been entirely kind. Then I was done for the night. I'm not quite the night owl as others. I've been here and there around here for the last while too.

So that's me. I know...no one asked me. 🙂

@Jb456 wrote:

Anyone get a message back? Everyone is so quiet 🤣 Mum's the word I guess lol. Unless they did not contact anyone yet? If they did, I do have a few ideas on maybe who. As some members have suddenly changed their writing styles 😅

@Jb456 I have noticed that also and that is really too bad.  

@mpcdesign 

Attended art college (OCA now OCAD.)

30+ years in restaurants both front and back of house.

Currently unemployed due to COVID-19 and being waitlisted for second surgery.

Contemplating a mid-life career change.

@darlicious, oh my gawd....that was hilarious! What do you do for a career....because you would be great either in Marketing or a writer. Or the next Dear Abby! I love it!

@Jb456 

I think I got (Chris) Webbyfied tonight! Or at least the PG version.

@darlicious  You're a poet and you don't even know it. 😃

Great Xmas tune lol

@Jb456 

T'was nearly the night before Christmas and all thru the community not a keyboard was clicking not even a mouse,

The private mailboxes were waiting, with some anticipating,

The oracles were nestled all smug as a bug in a rug, while visions of swag bags with a pm mug kept them closer than a group hug,

Catherine may prefer to be called Cat, and Melinda takes charge of the team deserves a congratulatory pat,

The applicants await a notification bbling because theres no call centre to ring,

Soon they hope to leap from their beds with a clatter, to see if to public mobile their posts matter,

Even if their opinions may clash with the ones already with a sash,

It will be good for everyone to finally know,

With whom the oracle team will be learning how to grow,

Once the names of the chosen ones appear, 

They may no longer wonder with fear,

Melinda will have emailed invitations to the deserving additions, 

To showcase their skills and experience with further auditions?

Once completed pm can whistle and shout and call out by name,

Now @ShawnC13 ! Now @NDesai ! Now @Luddite  and @mimmo ! On @will13am !

On @Whom? On @Who_knows? and @Youvegot_tobeKiddin'

To the top of the block! Youre going to be a top cop!

Now dash away, dash away, dash away all!

Hopefully we will hear from @Melinda_H  before the end of fall and winter is in our sight,

So the new oracles can wish us "Merry Christmas to All! And to All a Good Night!"

who have you found so far? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jb456 : That's all rather unfortunate. It's like voting...you can't affect change if you don't vote. A protester just looks like an outlier unless a larger number of people agree with your protest to join you to cause that change. You can't affect change if you don't participate at the same level.

@Jb456 wrote:

Probably soon. They sent me a private message last night asking if I was sure if I wanted to cancel my application. Which I did cancel. So I assume they are working on applications now.

Why da heck did you do that?????  I was rooting for you to be the voice of the community.  oh well....  Merry Christmas anyway

@mpcdesign  everyone knows why lol. I don't beat around the bush. I posted it on this thread. ************ ****************************************** and like to ******************. Lucky I don't post the screenshots of their **************************************** 

I don't want to be associated with some of them. Simple as that!. 

Happy holidays 🏂☃️❄️🎄

@Jb456, whhhhaaaatttttt?!?

Kidding, I know why. We all have an opinion, belief, value, two cents, scoop of the poop on something. It's all good! 

Probably soon. They sent me a private message last night asking if I was sure if I wanted to cancel my application. Which I did cancel. So I assume they are working on applications now.

Some time in late 2022 / early 2023...

Soooo, when do we find out who are the new Oracles to the Oracle team?

allThumbs.gif

cory_c
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Sounds great! My only wish is that it would be nice to receive these types of news updates from PM either by email, or a mobile text message, similar to when PM receives my monthly payment. 😉

That is to bad @mpcdesign but totally understand. Glad to still see you around

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Well, I know I am not applying as an Oracle. 

Reasons:

• I haven't been active in the past 3 to 4 months
  • There are better forum members who are more active and faster on the reply button
  • I am too honest. 
  • You have to be patient and caring. I am too gruff sometimes
  • You gotta know your stuff like @ShawnC13@computergeek541@Luddite , @darlicious , @gblackma to name a few. They would put me to shame! No, I know, they would put me to shame!

But, overall, the current Oracles do so much, and am thankful for what they do. I know some are resentful in what they have done in the past, but, remember, they have a job to do, and think about being in their shoes for a day or two. 

Stay safe everyone. Peace out! 

@computergeek541 so why did you hide or remove your response to my last post?..the response that had a part that said "we usually get along and have no issues. If you want to talk further Private message me blah blah"....or was it one of your teammate's? So that my post would show last before Shawn's post saying application window is now closed.

I think it's pretty sad and Shaddy that Oracle's do this. You guys post something then leave it up for all to see. Not post a response, wait awhile then go hide the post in your little Oracle section so no one can see the response. What a joke!

I hope this isn't the start of having to start taking screenshots of Oracle's post like in April when some of you used your Oracle privileges for personal agendas.

Goodluck to those that applied. Can't wait to congratulate you to the shady Oracle clique 😂

Well, the application window has come to a close and I wish all those that applied the best of luck!!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@computergeek541  why make people read between the lines with your post?. If you got something to say just say it!!! Clearly that section put in the lounge was AE & myself.

"whether or not some may agree or not wih me or not."

Who's this "some" you're referring to? Clearly me. So why don't you just direct it directly to me?.

I don't get "some" of you Oracle's. If it isn't posts like this.  Where clearly we know who you're directing the message to. Then it's posts from Oracle's that like to throw in cheap shots.

Clearly expressed by your buddy ShawnC on page 5 of this thread.

Screenshot_20201204_080345.jpg

Oh geese let's see what he is referring to. Oh wait I know. April when a few of you used your privileges (in the lounge no less) so I edited a ton of my posts to "stay safe". Whoopy do!

So I don't understand why all you Oracle's act this way. It's a darn forum to assist people. You guys are the face of the community as Melinda posted on this thread. Oh wait I tried to say that in April and you all said you we're just regular members 🤔

I also don't understand why you still have Oracle's privileges after choosing to step down. Not only stepping down but after April's episode with your other partner that were using your privileges for your own personal agendas. 

I expect your little clique to jump in shortly with comments. Typically how it works with you Oracle's. Almost a given.

Exactly the reason I didn't want to apply in the first place.  I don't want to be associated with people like you current Oracle's that enjoy throwing cheap shots and read between the lines post. 

Anyways enjoy your weekend!

++++++!

Melinda if you read this post. Kindly cancel my application. Thanks!

Haha @AE_Collector .... i think that you can understand why I moved that discussion, whether or not some may agree or not wih me or not.

Don’t mention R & C.... we are enjoying that in the Lounge as we speak...

Good Luck!

Terry

In before lockdown 😁

@Jb456 wrote:

@Nezgar  the difference with you. (I hope no one reading takes offence to this) is that regardless of what badges you earn you provide detailed , informative, helpful posts. You also take it a step further with all that great voicemail and other testing stuff.

I just wanted to say thank you to you @RosieR and @Melinda_H for your kind words and encouragement... I was "on the fence" but decided I'd throw in my hat after your post. I have been drowning in work this week, but finally had the time and brain cycles to complete my application in the "11th hour" so to speak.

So with that - good luck to all who applied, and maybe we'll "see you on the other side" 🖖

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Jb456wrote:

I see you're point as well. Get JB456 to switch to Oracle so the top reward spots open up for others. Haha (joking with ya!)

@Jb456  Lol...you're weren't supposed to share the secrets of my plot with all! 😂

But seriously, it seems like you just want some editing privileges to save customers from getting scammed or spammed when they post their personal info.  I'd agree that it would certainly be nice if that personal info could be deleted much quicker than sometimes happen right now.

Need Help? Let's chat.