cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We’re expanding our Oracle team!

Melinda_H
Customer Support Agent

Hey Community,

We have some exciting news to share - we're looking to grow our Oracle program!

As Public Mobile continues to grow and expand, we're hoping to do the same with our Oracle program; not only are we looking for new and exciting opportunities for Oracles to get more involved with the Community and with Public Mobile, we are also looking to expand our Oracle team. 

We're looking to add passionate, knowledgeable Oracles to the team, and we would especially love to add diversity and representation from those that are bilingual French speakers, so we can better support our Community. 

The Oracle program is designed to recognize our most active and helpful Community members who are passionate and knowledgeable about all things Public Mobile, enjoy helping others, and are interested in providing feedback & participating in ideation with Public Mobile.

This time around, we'll be trying something new and will be using an application process to allow all who are interested to apply should you meet the criteria below:

Who we're looking for:

• Friendly, welcoming, positive individuals that want to make the Community a better place & help others
  • An active member of the Community for the past 12 months (you should be a top 25% contributor or higher for roughly 9 of the last 12 months)
  • Someone who is able to take on a minimum commitment of 1 year to the Oracle program
  • Individuals who want to be representatives of the Public Mobile Community, and who maintain and uphold our Community guidelines

Our expectations of Oracles:

Oracles are expected to be an active, involved member of the Community, and will be responsible for:

• Providing Community support such as answering questions and helping other members
  • Maintaining the Community by keeping it organized
  • Providing feedback & participating in beta testing and research sessions with Public Mobile 

What’s in it for you:

• Being the first to know about official Public Mobile news
  • Sneak-peeks at new Public Mobile projects and initiatives
  • Opportunities to provide feedback and weigh in on upcoming Public Mobile projects
  • Events with the Public Mobile team
  • Occasional Public Mobile swag
  • Oracle Community badge 
  • Unique Community privileges 
  • And last, but not least, a $20 Community Reward every 30 days!

Does the above sound like something you'd be interested in? If so, we'd love to hear from you via our application form here; please apply by Thursday December 3rd. We will be reaching out to the successful candidates later in the month to chat about next steps! 

- Public Mobile Community Team

227 REPLIES 227

@Jb456 wrote:

@AE_Collector  Great story! 😄 Thankfully the ending turned out well. Also, thank you for mentioning "Thanks but no thanks through the process". Another member also mentioned that to me in private (you know who you are) and I suppose I needed to hear it also from someone else. So thank you I appreciate it!

I still have about 6.5 hours to submit an application so maybe after dinner I'll grab a drink and weigh the pros and cons again. Time will tell lol

Don't tell us @Jb456 .  I want to be surprised 😁

@AE_Collector  Great story! 😄 Thankfully the ending turned out well. Also, thank you for mentioning "Thanks but no thanks through the process". Another member also mentioned that to me in private (you know who you are) and I suppose I needed to hear it also from someone else. So thank you I appreciate it!

I still have about 6.5 hours to submit an application so maybe after dinner I'll grab a drink and weigh the pros and cons again. Time will tell lol

@Jb456 

I am sure you would still have plenty of opportunity to say Thanks but No Thanks further along the process so I don’t believe that you have to make your final decision today though of course there likely is only one way to Stay Alive past today.

Your Clean up the Oracle private forum comment made me laugh! I used to be one of a few Moderators on a phone collecting forum. We used to discuss things among ourselves by PM until it occurred to me I could build a private discussion area right within the forum that no one but us moderators could see. It worked great!

One morning I logged on and could see several odd things going on in the software. I can’t recall all the details now but clearly the permissions to members was not functioning correctly and I very quickly went to “What if everyone can see everything including our admin discussions”! I quickly was able to contact a couple of other moderators and we all started investigating and testing what was happening but we couldn't find the forum owner to see what he knew about it.

After lots of panic we verified that no one got anywhere that they shouldn’t have been and we tracked down the owner. He had an opportunity with an IT friend of his to do a forum software update the previous evening and a few things had screwed up that he didn't notice initially. We got it fixed up and life returned to normal.

AE_Collector

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@dabr  In a sense you are correct.

At the same time I've earned enough to stop posting and my plan will be free till middle of 22 working towards 2023 at the moment. So those extra few dollars don't have a factor in if I decide to apply or not.

However my personal work does allow me to be on here posting all the time so that's why I'm always on. It beats scrolling Facebook. I have grown fond of the PM forums. I genuinely like helping others getting sorted. Simply put!

But, I believe PM is looking for more than just posting in the forum's. They're looking to grow a team of Oracle's to better control the forums. Yet at the same time (this is just my opinion) they haven't really done much to control actions of certain current Oracle's in the past but now want new Oracle's to be add to the list. Then those new Oracle's will be associated with previous Oracle's past personal agendas. 🤔 As confusing as the add-on minutes we are talking about on that other thread if you ask me lol.

Plus if I did become an Oracle, I'm confident in saying, that the current Oracle's (not all) will have some cleaning up to do on the Oracle forums. I'm sure jb456 is all over their forums and not in a good way 🤣

Now if only PM wanted to just click the little button to allow me to edit personal info posted.

examplepermissions.png

That would be nice!

I see you're point as well. Get JB456 to switch to Oracle so the top reward spots open up for others. Haha (joking with ya!)

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Jb456   Lol...but some of them do post a lot of humorous posts (Luddite?) so that can't be part of the job/duties description.  You're already on here practically most of the time (with thoughtful posts and solutions) so might as well be paid a few more dollars? 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@dabr  umm left? 😂  Honestly really not sure if I want to be associated with some Oracle's, that in the past, used their privileges for their own personal agendas against regular users (myself included) and trying to get certain members uninvited to an event. Which PM never fully addressed just a slap on the wrist.

Now turn around and pretend to be buddy buddy. That's fake and two-faced.

That's not how I roll!

Speaking hypothetically now. If I were to become an Oracle. How could I, as a new member of a team, put any trust in these Oracle's (not all), if they were out to get some of us regulars in the past.

Plus I like to mix a bit of a social aspect with assisting members on the forums. It seems PM & Oracle's are more straight business and forget to be a little social also. I'm sure some Oracle's want to mix a bit of jokes with business but seems to me they may just be on lockdown from PM.

Like common throw in a smiley face 🤠 or something so it doesn't have to feel all business like all the time.

And I speak my mind to much....

Anyways now after posting this message there definitely goes any chance of an Oracle position for me 🤣

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Jb456 wrote:

@dabr  you know what they say when you "Assume" 🤣

I have not submitted anything as of yet (14:25 EST). Still contemplating but leaning to no.

@Jb456   You better get moving then right? 😂

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@dabr  you know what they say when you "Assume" 🤣

I have not submitted anything as of yet (14:25 EST). Still contemplating but leaning to no.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Jb456 wrote:

Reminder for those thinking of applying.

Applications end today so you have about 10 hours left to submit your application. (Likely end time is Eastern Standard Time)

Best of luck!

Also surprised not many people have said if they applied maybe they are keeping it a secret lol.

@Jb456   You could be right maybe some people don't want to announce if they applied since only a couple, or maybe three, of the applications will be successful. 

Good luck with yours (okay I'm making a big assumption 😊)... and no I didn't apply!

Reminder for those thinking of applying.

Applications end today so you have about 10 hours left to submit your application. (Likely end time is Eastern Standard Time)

Best of luck!

Also surprised not many people have said if they applied maybe they are keeping it a secret lol.

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

more help is always appreciated, with fresh ideas!!!!!!!!!!

andre69
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Perhaps adding more moderators and PMs, i.e. paid staff positions, would enhance customer support and provide greater service to customers.  By all means add additional Oracles as this seems to fill a need among certain customers to work countless hours for $20 per thirty days.  However, please add more paid staff positions too, given the growth being enjoyed; hence, the margin to increase staff support.  Thanks.  Andre

@Melinda_H These are great news. I see many very helpful people here who can join you. Hope our community grows bigger and more helpful😊

@SD08 I think that natural tendency would be sometimes to rate the self interests relating to Community higher than actual.  Public Mobile likely wants a range of persomalities. Some attributes and interests don't always go together, especially when each person is unique.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@makkahn28 wrote:

PM Oracle Form issue.JPGThis is the issue

@makkahn28 

They are effectively asking you to rank your interest in performing the tasks. Notice that the number choices are 1-6 and there are exactly 6 tasks. When you select a different number for each task the red error message disappears.

PMC_OracleTaskRanking_Dec2020.jpg

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@makkahn28 wrote:

Hi. The Oracle list of questionnaire, the one with multiple choice, that is broken

No.  It is not broken.  

It is a test whether you pay attention to details.  

Read the instruction carefully at bottom when you select the same interest level for more than one oracle task.

"Please don't select more than one response per column"

You cannot have same interest level in more than one oracle task.

@makkahn28 wrote:

Maybe they mean 1 per row rather than column? 

One needs to read carefully as I don’t know that I have ever seen a rate from low to high chart like this that has highest on the left rather than the right! Wouldn’t it typically be lowest is 1 on the left and highest is 6 on the right? This seems backwards to me but I’m not particularly surprised.

AE_Collector

@makkahn28  You're welcome! Best of luck 👍🙂

@Jb456 , thanks. I did not quite understand that part, but now, at least I completed the Forms

@makkahn28 

Very bottom in red. One selection per column. So you can't have 4 1s for example. In you're case 5 selections marked as 6.

Screenshot_20201201_024525.jpg

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

@Jb456 , yes, also, I am using Chrome as this is my preferred browswer

@happysgurl 

Great to hear!

AE_Collector

happysgurl
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I am not always active in the community but I love this idea that Public Mobile uses having members help Members ❤️
Any chance I get I recommend Public Mobile I have been a customer for 5 years and have never had an issue with my service and any issues I had were mown but this community was always helpful! Good luck to the new Oracle team, I am sure you will all be amazing as always.

@makkahn28 

Do you mean this section?

Screenshot_20201130_203518.jpg

If so, what is not working for you?

Maybe try a different browser? Works pretty good on Chrome.

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

Hi. The Oracle list of questionnaire, the one with multiple choice, that is broken

@Nezgar wrote:

@Jb456 wrote:

But then turn around and basically say. "Hey almost anyone can apply as long as you been here a year and at least 25% reward"

Heh, while I consider myself fairly active here, checking my rewards for the last 11 months, I see I'm just over half between 10% and 25% each month... As much as I would enjoy being part of the "inner circle", I'd worry about not being able to commit enough time for expectations, and it turning into work vs pleasure...

Hi @Nezgar here you go from Melinda_H....

@Nezgar there is no specific time commitment required, so if you are interested in participating, I would encourage you to apply 

go ahead, make your day.  Best wishes!

@CFPartDeux 

I think part of your problem here is there are no hens in the henhouse theres only co**ahem**s or rather you could just say "in the roosterhouse". I'm not sure what will happen first ....you may want to phone telus to see if they have any infastructure updates scheduled for your local area.

Melinda_H
Customer Support Agent

@Nezgar there is no specific time commitment required, so if you are interested in participating, I would encourage you to apply 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.