Many Tks to all , who responded.

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: We’re Partnering with Mobile Klinik

Good to know!

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Things are changing here at PM, and I don’t like it. 

Don’t like how they implemented the CPO phones and their ridiculous prices. And now this nonsense. 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

It's only a "partner" at this point. Partnerships often fail. Don't fret....just wait is out. 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

And it is Telus that brought this company in-house. It is just being offered to PM and Koodo as well presumably. I don't see it as a threat to anything here at PM.

AE_Collector

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Other than a one time $10 credit towards repairs if you need one now, there is nothing different that I see, from any other cell repair company. Unless I am missing something?

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kb_mv wrote:

Other than a one time $10 credit towards repairs if you need one now, there is nothing different that I see, from any other cell repair company. Unless I am missing something?

That's correct. This is pure advertising for another Telus brand. That was already done on the homepage. The Annoucements category has become a category lately where threads are being started that  I believe members generally aren't finding useful.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@kb_mv wrote:

I have not yet had to have my phone serviced, but they say you get a free diagnosis. Do other cell repair companies do this for free too?

"Get a free diagnosis and quote immediately in-store. Let’s get your device fixed."

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@JK8 The place I go to will give me a free quote on the spot if something is obvious like a screen or battery. Some things though cannot be diagnosed easily. I bricked a phone and they charged me a fee to diagnose it (took them 2 days to determine what I had done) but that was waived if it was repairable and I got it repaired. I am happy with their service and with no incentive to leave them, will just stay there.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@JK8 wrote:

I have not yet had to have my phone serviced, but they say you get a free diagnosis. Do other cell repair companies do this for free too?

"Get a free diagnosis and quote immediately in-store. Let’s get your device fixed."

Every competent repair company does this. An attempt to gather information (from a cursory assessment of the device, from a quick interview with the device owner) to determine the nature of the damage/malfunction. They'll be honest enough about informing the customer what they expect the repair will cost (in terms of time and money). They will usually suggest replacing the device when they expect that to cost less than repairing it (because parts and labour). It's not in their best interest to leave a trail of ripped-off angry customers or to waste time collecting an inventory of collateral devices the owners can't afford to release.

In short, they won't charge you fifty bucks just to say "sorry, no, we can't fix it".

And they won't say "we fixed your $300 phone, you can have it back after you pay us $600 for the repair."

But most people are used to dealing with places like Best Buy. Shady sales-driven business ethics. Unqualified, uncertified, untrained technical abilities. The sorts of "repair" businesses which make the whole industry seem disreputable.

Need Help? Let's chat.