cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: We’re Partnering with Mobile Klinik

F.Y.I.........................there is Telus store near my house in a mall  ( Promenade Mall )

I went there for help with my P.M. phone to which they promptly replied you will have to deal

directly with Public Mobile. and when i went to other stores they want me to switch to other 

carriers...................what a shame.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@pankajjoshi 

I am not certain what you were expecting to happen. If it is a phone use or programming issue, no one is going to put time into helping you get by on a rock bottom budget carrier. Telus doesn’t even own the Telus Dealer stores, they are private businesses. 

AE_Collector

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This month has brought a lot of unexpected announcements. First the used phones that PM sells and now them partnering with a mobile repair service. I wonder what will come next. 

This is starting to sound a lot like dotmobile.

Who knows. Mabey PM will go all out dotmobile and create a marketplace store where you can buy phone cases.

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@rbcam 

The store finder on their website seems to be working for me. Quite a few locations in the Lower Mainland too for folks who are out here.

Screenshot 2020-11-12 at 10.15.23 AM.pngScreenshot 2020-11-12 at 10.14.47 AM.png

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@computergeek541 

It seems like this 'partnership' is more to advertise the services that Mobile Klinik offers as opposed to having Mobile Klinik specifically benefit Public Mobile customers beyond general phone repairs. The latter would be nice though but it seems like the 2 companies are and will be separate entities for now.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@pankajjoshi wrote:

F.Y.I.........................there is Telus store near my house in a mall  ( Promenade Mall )

I went there for help with my P.M. phone to which they promptly replied you will have to deal

directly with Public Mobile. and when i went to other stores they want me to switch to other 

carriers...................what a shame.

I don’t think any mobile phone shop that is a dealer, (franchise), not directly owned by a major telecom would even admit they knew about Public Mobile.....even a Telus shop. What most of us have, meets our needs and is far less cost wise. Those employees are on commission and of course they are going to try to sway you over because one thing you just told them is, “you are not on a contract”. I am surprised that they didn’t swarm you with gushy meaningless promises. You should see the cars that these young sales people drive. The latter is a covid observation as we often eat Timmys lunch in our vehicle and the Timmy’s is next door to a Telus store run by Tom Harris TELUS & Koodo Store. Just think about the cost of running a franchise......you pay for a lot of operating expenses in that contract price. I was thinking of making up referral cards and hand them out while customers wait outside in a line. But that will likely just remain in the “thinking” stage. 

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@JLakerson Public Mobile is allowed to advertise. I have no issue with there being a link to the services on the homepage.  However, making an annoucement thread about something almost entirely unrelated to Public Mobile seems strange to me. It's their site though, but the Announcement section had been turning into a category with threads that many customers have not been finding useful of late.

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Never heard of Mobil Klinik.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@yanzhiqiang wrote:

Never heard of Mobil Klinik.

They're the biggest cellphone repair chain in Canada if you discount Best Buy. You'd know about them if you'd ever needed to find a place for cellphone repair. Laptop/computer repair shops often outsource or recommend them.

81 locations scattered in/near most major Canadian cities. Telus has proudly advertised plans to "more than double" that number and establish locations in NS/PEI so it will have a presence in every province. They haven't mentioned any sort of schedule or timeframe for that goal.

Need Help? Let's chat.