Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: New plans launching on April 23rd

Contact the CRTC

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Are you kidding me? I guess we should have suspected this kind of behaviour from a company owned by Telus. Canada is stuck moving backwards while the rest of the world gets unlimited data for a fraction of the price. The CRTC is a joke for letting us get jerked around like this from the big telcos.

zfx
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

At least PM had notified us about the price change a week ago... I actually "downgraded" from $25 plan to $15 plan 3 days ago before renew cuz I hardly used any data or talked on the phone last month and I still can get add-ons if I need anything extra in the future... in this case I will save almost $120 a year

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Athos wrote:

I didn't know that. I'd only heard of PM about a month ago. $25 is a good deal. $30 is ok. I guess maybe they will put that promotion on again sooner or something comparable.

And if you want ot stay on top of ALL the new plans, promotions and announcements, follow the instructions here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Re-How-to-get-notified-of-ANY-New-Promo...

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This is terrible.  Great competitive response! Raise price!   Did they notice Lucky Mobile plans are better now?

Totally agree. I’m on auto pay and my payment was taken April 12th, then I noticed I was having issues yesterday (23rd) so I logged onto my account. It said my service had been suspended due to non payment. So I had to make a manual payment. Two payments in one month. I’m pretty angry and still waiting to hear back from mod’s. Yea cool there’s new plans but help us with our current ones first. 

Yes mine did the same.. I had to make another payment .. wasn’t too happy about it.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@JackQuint wrote:

@AE_Collector wrote:

Myself I would be quite happy to have a better priced plan than most others have. They pay more of the freight while I get the bargain! Had you started with PM just a few months ago that same plan was $30 for just 1/2GB. Then they added the 1/2GB Autopay bonus and then they chopped the price to $25. You stumbled in at the most opportune time but aren’t happy! I am.

You're paying $25/month for 1GB at 3G speeds. I'm not being personal here, but you're exactly the type of customer being targeted by this type of mediocre value proposition. 3G is a BS offering. There are no marginal costs to Telus for providing LTE data to a PM/Koodo/Telus customer. They are hoping you get disastified with 3G speed for streaming something and decide you need LTE and will pay extra for it. 

As already pointed out in this thread, another provider has 1GB LTE for $25 postpaid and 1.5GB LTE for $24 prepaid. How exactly is PM at 3G a good deal?

Of course there is no direct cost to providing 4G/LTE. No cost until all the customers who think LTE is a must have and cut their bills in half by leaving TELUS for Public Mobile after they make all Plans LTE. The following month PM rates increase by 50% to offset the losses on the Telus side.

I can never figure out why people demand competition but when they get competition in that each provider has different offerings, suitable for some but not others, people then complain that everyone should offer the same, in this case LTE. When you find a good deal on anything that works for you, enjoy it while it lasts and don’t do everything you can to end it early for everyone else. For what I use data for, I see absolutely no difference in using “3G like speeds”. I get 5GB of 3G data with PM for the exact same price that I got 1GB of LTE at my previous provider. 

@AE_Collector,

I don't live in the big Cities, nor do I visit them often.  The LTE I get where I live is essentially throttled anyways due to sparse coverage of the Bell and Telus towers.

I'm looking to switch down, to the now expired $25 plan, but I'm debating, as I still get currently 12 GB over 90-days of LTE (full).

I like the lower price point, I don't use the full bucket (not even close), and the frequency of payment of a lower value is better than the one time per 90-day top up.  Yes, I'm getting rewards, but every little bit helps.

LuckyMobile's plans are more attractive. I might switch to Lucky if PM don't take any further  action. (such as introducing new plans, rolling over all unused data, etc. )