cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: New plans launching on April 23rd

@AE_Collector wrote:

Stay put on the plan and you can keep it most likely indefinitely though not guaranteed forever. Terry

Thank you! If I was forced to have to switch, would I know it or be warned in any way?

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

As far as I know, they have to give you 30 days' notice if they're discontinuing your plan or raising the price.

That might be by way of forum announcement, though.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@chrism wrote:

I switched to Public Mobile because of the $25 plan.  Now less than a week after I switched over, they've increased the rate for the exact same plan by 20%.

Not really feeling too happy that I switched.

Myself I would be quite happy to have a better priced plan than most others have. They pay more of the freight while I get the bargain! Had you started with PM just a few months ago that same plan was $30 for just 1/2GB. Then they added the 1/2GB Autopay bonus and then they chopped the price to $25. You stumbled in at the most opportune time but aren’t happy! I am.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@AE_Collector wrote:

Myself I would be quite happy to have a better priced plan than most others have. They pay more of the freight while I get the bargain! Had you started with PM just a few months ago that same plan was $30 for just 1/2GB. Then they added the 1/2GB Autopay bonus and then they chopped the price to $25. You stumbled in at the most opportune time but aren’t happy! I am.

You're paying $25/month for 1GB at 3G speeds. I'm not being personal here, but you're exactly the type of customer being targeted by this type of mediocre value proposition. 3G is a BS offering. There are no marginal costs to Telus for providing LTE data to a PM/Koodo/Telus customer. They are hoping you get disastified with 3G speed for streaming something and decide you need LTE and will pay extra for it. 

As already pointed out in this thread, another provider has 1GB LTE for $25 postpaid and 1.5GB LTE for $24 prepaid. How exactly is PM at 3G a good deal?

@JackQuint wrote:

@AE_Collector wrote:

You're paying $25/month for 1GB at 3G speeds. I'm not being personal here, but you're exactly the type of customer being targeted by this type of mediocre value proposition. 3G is a BS offering. There are no marginal costs to Telus for providing LTE data to a PM/Koodo/Telus customer. They are hoping you get disastified with 3G speed for streaming something and decide you need LTE and will pay extra for it. 

As already pointed out in this thread, another provider has 1GB LTE for $25 postpaid and 1.5GB LTE for $24 prepaid. How exactly is PM at 3G a good deal?

@JackQuint , $2 off every renewal on 30-day cycle.  $1 off per friend referral on 30-day renewal.  Community rewards given monthly for mioney off your plan, and after 1 year of loyalty, $1 per year of continuous subscription, to a max of $5 off per 39 day cycle.

im on a 90-day plan for $120, and my  next renewal will be less than 1/3 the cost of my original price.  I’ve been here since the summer of 2016.

@RobertQc wrote:

Best deals I have ever seen.

And they are still 3G, so a rare deal!

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@lisa_insane wrote:

My service is also suspended, trying to get in touch with someone is a nightmare

@lisa_insane,  @francine75011 , moderator response time is 2 hours to 48+ hours *during heavier than normal request times)

And this info is helpful how?

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I didn't know that. I'd only heard of PM about a month ago. $25 is a good deal. $30 is ok. I guess maybe they will put that promotion on again sooner or something comparable.

@Athos wrote:

I didn't know that. I'd only heard of PM about a month ago. $25 is a good deal. $30 is ok. I guess maybe they will put that promotion on again sooner or something comparable.

I don't believe that most of the criticism is about the $25 to $30 price increase, but rather mainly due to the reduction of data by a full 2GB for both the $40 and $45 plans, particularly when it comes to the $40 plan, and because this was done after Chatr did the same.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Suddenly my service is cut off despite the fact I paid for it. NO phone customer service. I now discover that it was discontinued in March. It appears that thousands got the surprise discontinued service this morning. Now I am reading aboout a new plan etc. This company is in the communication business and it is doing a terrible job communicating with its customers.