cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated: New plans launching on April 23rd

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

Effective April 23rd, 2019, the following price plans are being offered.  These offers are available for new and current customers.

Plan details:

$30 for 1 GB at 3G speed (Update as of May 2, 2019: This plan is now expired.)

• 30-day plan
  • 500 MB Data at 3G speed
  • +Bonus 500 MB with AutoPay
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging

$40 for 2.5 GB at 3G speed (Update as of May 10, 2019: This plan is now expired.)

• 30-day plan
  • 2 GB of data at 3G speed

$45 for 4.5 GB at 3G speed (Update as of May 10, 2019: This plan is now expired.)

• 30-day plan
  • 4 GB of data at 3G speed

How to get this offer:

New customers

Current customers

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card. If purchasing from a participating retailer, the retail associate can assist you with the activation.
  3. During the activation process, select the Ready-made plan that you want.
  1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select the Ready-made plan that you want. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

FAQ

Spoiler

Question

Answer

How long will this plan be in market?

This offer is subject to change without notice. Please refer to Public Mobile’s Service Terms. Please note that the promotion will not be honoured after it has ended. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, are in-transit and not yet activated.

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

I am an existing customer. What is the difference between changing my plan immediately and changing my plan on the next renewal date?

When changing your plan, you have 2 options: (1) change your plan immediately or (2) change on your next renewal date. We recommend changing your plan on your next renewal date so your money can go further, but ultimately the choice is yours.

To learn more about how to change your plan and other things you should consider when determining which option is best for you, check out our help article here.  

What happens if these plan becomes unavailable before my next plan renewal date?

If you choose to change your plan to one of these plans on the next renewal date and the request has been submitted successfully, you will still switch to the plan you selected even if the promotion ends before your renewal date occurs.

Why is this change being made?

The decision to introduce these rate plans was made with respect to market dynamics.

223 REPLIES 223

mh1983

@francine75011 wrote:

Do other customers have problem with their service today?  It is the first time that my account is suspended without any reason

Yeah, there's a growing thread here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/Double-charged/m-p/358110/highlight/true#M...

@Treadseeker wrote:

Dont forget about the randon service suspensions, no one to help with an issue in a time matter if at all... text messages telling you to switch to koodo. unlimited text? sure there...if your data runs out so does any reliable text messaging. thank god i have wifi. having a phone is important to me. i can rest now...if i get an emergency call phone from my kids school, i know i can listen to it when it is too late.. I can be sure that public is hard at work doing as little as possible to rectify any situation.

*** If this is what you are looking for, this is your place... enjoy the chaos.

@Treadseeker, you do not need data for texting.  Are you using an iPhone and having messages sent as iMessage instead of just having them go out as SMS that could be the issue.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

francine75011
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Do other customers have problem with their service today?  It is the first time that my account is suspended without any reason

mh1983

I think folks would appreciate a reply/acknowledgment about all the account and suspension issues that are going on. Understandably, an announcement about new, shiny plans kind of loses its lustre when there are stability issues.

Treadseeker

Dont forget about the randon service suspensions, no one to help with an issue in a time matter if at all... text messages telling you to switch to koodo. unlimited text? sure there...if your data runs out so does any reliable text messaging. thank god i have wifi. having a phone is important to me. i can rest now...if i get an emergency call phone from my kids school, i know i can listen to it when it is too late.. I can be sure that public is hard at work doing as little as possible to rectify any situation.

*** If this is what you are looking for, this is your place... enjoy the chaos.

francine75011

Is there a reason why my service has been suspended when it was going fine until this morning?

Also, no moderator has answered me yet. Very very poor service. No good reason to stay with public mobile.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@stonechucker wrote:

The last piece of information int he spoiler really means, the other companies raised their prices, so we had to follow along to not disrupt things.

This is sad in my opinion.  Public Mobile has been different - now it's just another 3rd tier provider.

Competitive response in the wrong direction.

Lucky is still offering the $25/1GB plan with automatic topup.

@popping wrote:

When I switched to PM last July, it was $40/4.5GB and $45/5,5GB.  I got the $45/5.5GB plan.  Then, I switched to $40/5GB plan.  Just a history of PM price movement around the plans with 4 - 5GB plans for the last 9 months.

Looking forward to get my first anniversary reward in 3 months.

Additional reference point: the $45 special offer included 6.5GB until it's discontinuation last night.

Competitive new pricing indeed...

austinhuang
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@stonechucker wrote:

The last piece of information int he spoiler really means, the other companies raised their prices, so we had to follow along to not disrupt things.

This is sad in my opinion.  Public Mobile has been different - now it's just another 3rd tier provider.

I thought the price has stayed like that except 1 month of promo period ($25/1gb)???

Also address the payment issue to the other people

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

When I switched to PM last July, it was $40/4.5GB and $45/5,5GB.  I got the $45/5.5GB plan.  Then, I switched to $40/5GB plan.  Just a history of PM price movement around the plans with 4 - 5GB data for the last 9 months.

Looking forward to get my first anniversary reward in 3 months.

@RobertQc wrote:

Best deals I have ever seen.

lol

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

Best deals I have ever seen.

Need Help? Let's chat.