cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated: Get 8.5 GB at 3G speed + 2 GB of US Data + UL Canada/US Talk & Text for $60!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Update as of October 11, 2019: This plan is now expired.

Hey Community,

Say hello to Summer :)! We’ve got the perfect plan for anyone headed state-side this Summer. For a limited time only, effective July 19th, 2019, you could get 8.5 GB of Canada Wide data, plus 2 GB of US Data Roaming, and Unlimited US roaming/Canada US Talk & Text for $60/mo! 

Plan details:

$60 for 8.5 GB at 3G speed + 2 GB of US Data + UL Canada/US Talk & Text

• 30-day plan
  • 8 GB of Canada-wide data at 3G speed + 500 MB with AutoPay
  • Unlimited Canada/US Talk & Text - You could talk and text as much as you like from Canada to the U.S., and vice versa! 
  • Additional 2 GB of US data roaming
  • International text included in both Canada + U.S.
  • New and current customers are eligible

How this plan works:

Making a call to someone in Canada

Making a call to someone outside of Canada

In Canada

Included

Only U.S. included 

In U.S.

Included

Only U.S. included

How to get this offer:

New customers

Current customers

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card. If purchasing from a participating retailer, the retail associate can assist you with the activation.
  3. During the activation process, select the Ready-made plan “$60 UL Can/US Talk & Text 8.5GB Can 3G Data with AutoPay plus 2GB US Data Roaming”.
  1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select the Ready-made plan “$60 UL Can/US Talk & Text 8.5GB Can 3G Data with AutoPay plus 2GB US Data Roaming”. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

FAQs

Spoiler

Question

Answer

How long will this plan be in market?

This is a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice. Please refer to Public Mobile’s Service Terms.  Please note that the promotion will not be honoured after it has ended. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, are in-transit and not yet activated.

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

I am an existing customer. What is the difference between changing my plan immediately and changing my plan on the next renewal date?

When changing your plan, you have 2 options: (1) change your plan immediately or (2) change on your next renewal date.

Here is the difference:

Changing your plan immediately...

You may choose to change your plan immediately if you have used all or most of your services, if your account is suspended and you would like a different plan, or if you would like to get started right away on the new plan. Here are some things you should know about this option:

●     There must be enough funds in your account to cover the full amount of the new plan.

●     A new payment cycle starts when you activate your new plan.

●     Your plan will not be prorated, which means that any days remaining in your current payment cycle will not be credited to your new plan.

●     Due to system limitations, if your account is suspended, you will need to send a private message to our Moderator Team here to change your plan immediately. You will need to be signed in to the Community for the link to work.

●     Any earned Rewards will be applied on your next renewal after the plan change.

Changing your plan at the next renewal date…

On the other hand, you may choose to change your plan on your next renewal date because it allows you to use the services you have already paid for. We recommend this option so your money can go further. Here are some things you should know about this option:

●     If you choose to change your plan on your next plan renewal date, the amount owed will be automatically updated.

●     If you have AutoPay set up, the amount of your new plan will be charged on your payment due date.

●     You can cancel a future-dated plan change at any time by clicking on the ‘Plans and Add-Ons’ tab and selecting ‘Cancel Order’.

●     Any earned Rewards will be applied on your next renewal after the plan change.

What happens if the “$60 UL Can/US Talk & Text 8.5GB Can 3G Data with AutoPay plus 2GB US Data Roaming” plan becomes unavailable before my next plan renewal date?

If you chose to change your plan to “$60 UL Can/US Talk & Text 8.5GB Can 3G Data with AutoPay plus 2GB US Data Roaming” on the next renewal date and the request has been submitted successfully, you will still switch to “$60 unlimited Canada/US Talk & Text” even if the promotion ends before your renewal date occurs.

380 REPLIES 380

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@jyb 

That is doubtful it was loss leader when introduced and pulled because the first tier providers could see their profit pour out the door. This plan eas innovation at its best giving customers exactly what they need at an attractive price. Instead they now offer way more than you will ever need at nearly twice the price.

@jyb- I doubt it but who knows. It's rumoured (until customer verification or official announcement) that using T-Mobile on 2G will work for talk.

jyb
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I wonder if this plan will ever be back??I have 1 phone on it and would sure love to put a second on it if they ever get the 3G and US roam figured out

LindaBird
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Ok, thanks, I will try it from the beginning again!

@LindaBird it's asking you to sign in with your self serve account username and password to verify its your account 

LindaBird

Thank you, I did try that but it kept telling my to sign in when I was already signed in?

@LindaBird tell Simon you want to talk to a human and after a few times usually it creates a ticket 

LindaBird

When I signed up for the US plan, October 2, 2019, the data roaming was available and now I don't see it in my account?  How do I get intouch with Public Mobile about this?  SIMon wasn't any help....

Ngoik

@totalUser wrote:

Hi @Ngoik 

Yup with a click of a button you can switch to anything offered at the time. You may not be able to get your old plan later though.

You have two options, to switch right away (but you lose money for the current plan you have you have to pay the full sum for your new plan) or switch at the renewal date when you are done using your current plan ( so you don't lose a single cent)

Nice thing is if they announce that a plan will be cancelled you can schedule the change to your renewal date and secure that plan for yourself.

If you are going to switch you may want to consider a promotions for new customers. They have sometimes free month, or 10 off for 6 months, right now there is extra 2g over 6 months. 

Also dont forget about the referral, you get lump sum (now it's 10, sometimes it's 20 or even 25 ) and you friend gets $1 off monthly. If you don't know anybody with public mobile, just ask for reference code and you will have many too choose from in under 1 minute

Thank you! The US add ons with PM are still better, so I'm deffinitly scooping up one of the current plans, and will be keeping my eye out for another deal. 

Hi @Ngoik 

Yup with a click of a button you can switch to anything offered at the time. You may not be able to get your old plan later though.

You have two options, to switch right away (but you lose money for the current plan you have you have to pay the full sum for your new plan) or switch at the renewal date when you are done using your current plan ( so you don't lose a single cent)

Nice thing is if they announce that a plan will be cancelled you can schedule the change to your renewal date and secure that plan for yourself.

If you are going to switch you may want to consider a promotions for new customers. They have sometimes free month, or 10 off for 6 months, right now there is extra 2g over 6 months. 

Also dont forget about the referral, you get lump sum (now it's 10, sometimes it's 20 or even 25 ) and you friend gets $1 off monthly. If you don't know anybody with public mobile, just ask for reference code and you will have many too choose from in under 1 minute

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Ngoik wrote:

@totalUser wrote:

@Ngoik i know exactly how you feel and i didn't even plan to grab that offer:)

It may be back, there may be similar, who knows maybe even better one. Though you may have to wait till next summer

Let's hope they also offer something for the snowbirds this winter 

Fingers Crossed. 

If you have an existing Public number, can you switch over to a new plan easily? 

@Ngoik 

The phone numbers are tied to the accounts, not to the plans. You can switch plans on an account without affecting the phone number.  However, some PM promotions are only for new customers (i.e. new activations/new accounts).

Ngoik

@totalUser wrote:

It may be back, there may be similar, who knows maybe even better one. Though you may have to wait till next summer

Fingers Crossed. 

If you have an existing Public number, can you switch over to a new plan easily? 

Ngoik

I hestiated and I'm kicking myself for it. I'm still switching from freedom, but missing out on that deal really hurts. 

I thought they might have brought it back for another week or two like they did with the $10 plan when they wanted to discontinue it.

Terry

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@lukevader wrote:

Same thing I've had to deal with. I told 3 friends and 1 family member you'd better sign up on this deal before it's too late and they all went, yeah yeah whatever, now they're all like pissed at me cause I didn't warm them enough lol. 

Well... I bet they will mad at you if you bug them too much.

lukevader
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Same thing I've had to deal with. I told 3 friends and 1 family member you'd better sign up on this deal before it's too late and they all went, yeah yeah whatever, now they're all like pissed at me cause I didn't warm them enough lol. 

@born2code wrote:

Any chance this deal can be extended for another week?

I am about to make the move to PM and would love to subscribe to this plan.

@born2code  Re: Want to cancel public mobile account This postvand thread is in discussions. Maybe you can go all Monty hall/Wayne Brady on him.

@born2code wrote:

@born2code  There was a whole discussion yesterday about a guy leaving pm because he was moving or something...and wanted to get his money back (Not possible from pm) for the US plan. They were wondering if the phone number and plan had value over and above the remaining value of the 30 day plan. (If 20 days were left $40 value.) I said I'm sure some one might be willing to pay a premium to acquire the plan and number. It would take some moderator help to change the email but one could port their number in and acquire the now discontinued plan.

@born2code wrote:

I am about to make the move to PM and would love to subscribe to this pla

Sorry. This plan already expired on October 6th at 11:59pm EDT.

born2code

hasan9800

I dare anyone to say another carrier has a better plan than this. 

In Canada you have 4G almost everywhere. Speeds are 150Mbps if your near a tower. 

In the USA my phone would NOT drop below 4G. Through Cali, Oregon and Washington. 

I have a plan similar to this in Rogers. No matter how hard i try, I cant acheive more than 25mbps. In the USA i would get 50mbps. Rogers will bump up the data limit, but you sacrifice the quality. 

Everything I type on here is based out of experience from my own. Sometimes quality is better than quantity. 

lukevader

@AE_Collector wrote:I really thought this may have become a regular plan here but maybe it was just an experiment. The down side for PM is how easy it is to switch to a lower plan for 6, 8 or even 10 months of the year rather than subscribers having to go with the $60 plan year round to keep it available. 

Yup exactly, great point. It's not in their best interest to have people switch from the $50 plan to the $60 plan only when they go down to the states once or twice a year. 

lukevader

@computergeek541 wrote:

@lukevader wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:
And calling from US to the US as well as to Canada works and appears to be unlimited?

Yes, talk is unlimited. Data isn't unlimited and is restricted to 2GB while in the U.S.

He never asked about data!!

@lukevader wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:
And calling from US to the US as well as to Canada works and appears to be unlimited?

Yes, talk is unlimited. Data isn't unlimited and is restricted to 2GB while in the U.S.

When a customer doesn't know what is included in a plan and asks about it, mentioning how much data is included isn't a bad idea.  Otherwise, some people will incorrectly read into that as everything being unlimited in the U.S.

You're just fishing for bravos. Whatever Oracle. 

@lukevader wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@lukevader wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

When a customer doesn't know what is included in a plan and asks about it, mentioning how much data is included isn't a bad idea.  Otherwise, some people will incorrectly read into that as everything being unlimited in the U.S.

@lukevader wrote:

I'm sorry you missed out on this deal. Historically PM has these types of deals and they don't last long. Flash sales are abound here. I guess it's their thing. 

I really thought this may have become a regular plan here but maybe it was just an experiment. The down side for PM is how easy it is to switch to a lower plan for 6, 8 or even 10 months of the year rather than subscribers having to go with the $60 plan year round to keep it available. 

AE_Collector

lukevader

@computergeek541 wrote:

lukevader

@AE_Collector wrote:

@lukevader And calling from US to the US as well as to Canada works and appears to be unlimited?was just trying to confirm tge US to US calling for a friend/referral when the plan vanished. 😞

Yes, that's correct US to US calling is unlimited as well. 

I'm sorry you missed out on this deal. Historically PM has these types of deals and they don't last long. Flash sales are abound here. I guess it's their thing. 

@lukevader And calling from US to the US as well as to Canada works and appears to be unlimited?was just trying to confirm tge US to US calling for a friend/referral when the plan vanished. 😞

Need Help? Let's chat.