cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Updated: Get 8.5 GB at 3G speed + 2 GB of US Data + UL Canada/US Talk & Text for $60!

@Poogzley I know that roughly 8 hours isn't much notice, but it's better than no notice.  They really don't have to give any warning.  Part of me is saddened for people who like this plan, but part of me also wonders how popular this plan really was.  Many people would consider $60 to be expensive for a cell phone plan.  I potentially see this step being taken possibly to get people to stay on the $60 plan, rather than swtiching to a  less expensive plan and then back to this $60 plan only for times when the U.S. will be visisted.

Poogzley
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Updated: Get 8.5 GB at 3G speed + 2 GB of US Data + UL Canada/US Talk & Text for $60!

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Poogzley I know that roughly 8 hours isn't much notice, but it's better than no notice.  They really don't have to give any warning.  Part of me is saddened for people who like this plan, but part of me also wonders how popular this plan really was.  Many people would consider $60 to be expensive for a cell phone plan.  I potentially see this step being taken possibly to get people to stay on the $60 plan, rather than swtiching to a  less expensive plan and then back to this $60 plan only for times when the U.S. will be visisted.

@computergeek541 @Alan_K  I am going to try to grab it tonight before it expires! Smiley Happy 

Do you know if I am eligible to have it take effect on my next renewal date or do I need to renew my plan before it expires tonight?

popping
Oracle

@Poogzley wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@computergeek541 @Alan_K  I am going to try to grab it tonight before it expires! Smiley Happy 

Do you know if I am eligible to have it take effect on my next renewal date or do I need to renew my plan before it expires tonight?

You can schedule a plan change at your next renewal date as long as you schedule the change before expiry today,

@Poogzley wrote:

As always, you should usually schedule the change to occur during the next renewal. Otherwise, you would lose what you've paid for your current plan.  Eligibility for this plan is no different than other plans.  You only need to request/schedule the change while it is still offered.

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Too bad.

To soften the loss of this plan maybe they will offer 30 day US roaming add-ons and adjust the price accordingly. For example, now it's $8 for 10 days of talk, maybe offer $25 for 30 days of US roaming talk. Just to help with the renewing of the 10 day add-ons.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

I hope that all regular roamers get the message in time to take this plan while they still can.  

Poogzley
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Poogzley wrote:

As always, you should usually schedule the change to occur during the next renewal. Otherwise, you would lose what you've paid for your current plan.  Eligibility for this plan is no different than other plans.  You only need to request/schedule the change while it is still offered.

@computergeek541 Thanks for the info!

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

@cellphoneuser1 wrote:

I hope that all regular roamers get the message in time to take this plan while they still can.  

I didn’t 😞

A friend was just about to pull the trigger and move to PM for this plan. He spends 5-6 months in the US each year. I’ve been answering questions for the last 48 hours and he is heading south in 10 days. We couldn’t find a confirmation that calls from the US side to US numbers were included and unlimited. I’m virtually certain they were but wanted to find proof.

Anyway, since I just noticed the expiry announcement in the evening with only 1 hour to go it won't be happening now. Frustrating.....

Terry

43395001-B0A2-4A4A-BB34-691122251699.jpeg 

If anyone is wondering, the $60 plan has already been removed from the self serve plan change page.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

That was quick...as they say get it before it's gone...

Need Help? Let's chat.