cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Get 8.5 GB at 3G speed + 2 GB of US Data + UL Canada/US Talk & Text for $60!

@dgconstabler wrote:

$60 bucks for a plan that doesn't work, or $80 for one that does.. seems an easy decision to me..

And I'm very diy mr keyboard warrior...  I just don't believe I have to re engineer a cel phone to be able to use it....I have advocated to folks to use Public for a basic phone but would never recommend using it in the US on a Canadian plan...

$60  for 8.5gb data+unlimited texts/calls in Canada + US DIY roaming package or koodo's current promo $50 4gb +unlimited texts/calls +$8×10 days US roaming=$130 +1/2 the data. So more than twice the price for a full service. The choice is what suits each individual best.

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Get 8.5 GB at 3G speed + 2 GB of US Data + UL Canada/US Talk & Text for $60!

I came from Koodo and they use both AT&T and TMobile (at least did when I was there). I had to do the same thing on my Koodo plan and manually select a network occasionally when locked to one or the other network with a weaker signal.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have this plan and was unable to use my phone today in the U.S. (I live by the border) plus I had no US data.  I could use my phone previously when I use to buy the calls and data, but not since I changed plans.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@MommaBear wrote:

I have this plan and was unable to use my phone in the U.S. (I live by the border) plus I had no US data.  I could use my phone previously when I use to buy the calls and data, but not since I changed plans.

When you are in US, enable roaming and restart you phone.  Your phone will be connected to AT&T or T-mobile.

Highlighted

I am wondering with some other US plans on other networks you have to completely shut phone off and then turn back on to rest it? Not sure if it might need another setting.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Dana-S wrote:

I am wondering with some other US plans on other networks you have to completely shut phone off and then turn back on to rest it? Not sure if it might need another setting.

Yes.  You need to enable roaming and restart phone to initialze the APN setting of the US network (AT&T or T-Mobile)

Highlighted

I haven't had to do that in the past when I purchased US packages..

I know you have to have your roaming on but I like you didn't have to do that one time but with updates to systems or whatever just shut it off turn back on seems to work so phone can reset.

Highlighted

I'll give it a shot... Thanks

Highlighted

Your more than welcome let us know how it goes for you.