cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: Get 8.5 GB at 3G speed + 2 GB of US Data + UL Canada/US Talk & Text for $60!

@maheshboloor wrote:

@torontokris I sincerely apologize if my post was rude. I went back and read my comment and the tone was not polite at all. So sorry. I totally agree abouth healthcare and other benefits Canad provides. I just feel like cellphone/carrier plans can do much better. Since i lived in the US, thats my point of reference when i pay for phone bills here.

No worries at all - all is good. I agree with you that prices are high. Just from an macro ecomonist view I have to look at the "whole" picture.

But yes prices are too high - not enough compitition (3-4 companies only) - CRTC rules etc - also supply/demand - Canadians will pay it - some pay $100+ a month to get a new iphone etc.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Get 8.5 GB at 3G speed + 2 GB of US Data + UL Canada/US Talk & Text for $60!

@Bevattna wrote:

One final thought, my experience with data usage has been primarily focused on downloading to my phone, not uploading. PM's plans show download speeds, but there doesn't seem to be any mention of upload speeds.

Would be curious if anyone knows expected data upload speeds at PM and how they compare to Telus or Koodo.

Upload speed on 3g plan is also 3Mbps. It is much higher on full LTE plan.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just want to clear this one up. So if I am in the u.s I can make calls and text as well as being in canada I can call the u.s?

Mayor / Maire

@Jess516 wrote:

Just want to clear this one up. So if I am in the u.s I can make calls and text as well as being in canada I can call the u.s?

Yes. It's like a two-country plan. A little less data while in the states but talk and text and back and forth both sides.

Highlighted

You can choose if you want it to take place right away or wait for your next pay cycle.

Highlighted

I currently have the $50 plan and will upgrade to the $60 plan when I snowbird to florida in november.  But if the $60 plan is 'limited time offer' my dilemma is ,  do I sign up asap to not lose the opportunity, or just hope the $60 is still available in nov.  ????

Any guidance out there as to what is likely to happen?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@longder1 wrote:

I currently have the $50 plan and will upgrade to the $60 plan when I snowbird to florida in november.  But if the $60 plan is 'limited time offer' my dilemma is ,  do I sign up asap to not lose the opportunity, or just hope the $60 is still available in nov.  ????

Any guidance out there as to what is likely to happen?

Schedule the plan change for your next renewal. The day of (or before) your last day, remove the plan change if the $60 plan is still here. Then your $50 plan renews. The next day schedule for the $60 plan for the next renewal. etc each term. Hopefully in that 1 or 2 day span the plan doesn't drop.

Highlighted
GR
Mayor / Maire

@longder1  I'm not sure what to recommend,  limited time only means they could pull it tomorrow.  If your renewal is just in 3 weeks or so you could log in now and change it and set it on next renewal date to make sure you get it

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When does this offer expires 

Highlighted
GR
Mayor / Maire

@anbil9  limited time offer,   that's all it says so it could be gone tonight or in 3 months