cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Get 8.5 GB at 3G speed + 2 GB of US Data + UL Canada/US Talk & Text for $60!

@JimT wrote:

I am also rather worried about this.  I leave in a few days on a trip to the US and I was counting on this plan.  It is not showing any roaming to the US on my plan.  Just the 8.5 gig and talk&text to Canada/US

Anyone have success with this plan in the US yet?

Yes I’ve used it twice now two different days . It works awesome everything works great you hook up the T-Mobile in the states where my other son Didn’t have the plan he hooked up to AT&T but he couldn’t call or text I could do everything it was like awesome . 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Get 8.5 GB at 3G speed + 2 GB of US Data + UL Canada/US Talk & Text for $60!

@GoalieGuy wrote:

Why is the only 4G option a data only? Also, when I look at my plan it doesn't say what speed it is. I can see 4G on my phone, but, shouldn't it say so in my plan description?

You can find several options of 4G speed in the BYO. Public Mobile generally uses 4G for data but they throttle it down to 3mbps or co-called 3G.

Highlighted

I also signed up for the same promo. After 2 months I switched to the $50 plan and they kept crediting the account. I will switch now to the $60 plan and I suppose they will continue with the promo.

Highlighted

Wondering what happens on this plan if a person spends 2G but needs more data.

Can we still buy a roaming add on? Is it still good for 10 days only? 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@VanZemI would assume if they ran out of the 2GB from the States, they can purchase extra add ons with 10 days validity just like normal plans would.

Highlighted

@VanZem wrote:

I also signed up for the same promo. After 2 months I switched to the $50 plan and they kept crediting the account. I will switch now to the $60 plan and I suppose they will continue with the promo.

You shouldn't be suprised.  The terms of the promotion that you were replying about stated that you would continue to get the $10 off for each of 6 renewals as long as you had a $30 or more plan.

Highlighted

@GinYVR wrote:

@VanZemI would assume if they ran out of the 2GB from the States, they can purchase extra add ons with 10 days validity just like normal plans would.

That is my reasoning too, but can someone officially confirm this?

Highlighted

Thanks, PM.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@hasan9800 wrote:

It would seem there is some confusion on this topic. Let me clarify: 

1)8.5GB (when you sign up for Auto Pay) is for Across Canada ONLY. 

2)2GB that is part of this promo is for the US Network. So when I head south and want to say hi to Trump. My phone switches to the US Network. As long as my phone is in the US, I only get 2GB and can only use 2GB.  Its great for short trips to the US, ie. Google Maps,  Waze,  Whatsapp,  Viber. (Simple Apps) 

3)Last point the data reset when you Cycle reset ie.  June 5th you signed up,  so every 5th your data reset and you can use 8.5GB or in the US you get 2GB. 

Addons: Data Addons WILL roll over to your next cycle. Example I bought 2GB of Addons. In June I used 1.25GB on my next cycle I get .75GB left. 

Questions? Anybody? 

Not sure if anyone has corrected you on this yet, but it won’t be the same date each month, as plans are only 30-day cycles at Pam (well this specific plan).  June has 30 days, July 5th restart is Aug 4th reset.

Highlighted

It has and its been responded after that,