cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated: Get 8.5 GB at 3G speed + 2 GB of US Data + UL Canada/US Talk & Text for $60!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Update as of October 11, 2019: This plan is now expired.

Hey Community,

Say hello to Summer :)! We’ve got the perfect plan for anyone headed state-side this Summer. For a limited time only, effective July 19th, 2019, you could get 8.5 GB of Canada Wide data, plus 2 GB of US Data Roaming, and Unlimited US roaming/Canada US Talk & Text for $60/mo! 

Plan details:

$60 for 8.5 GB at 3G speed + 2 GB of US Data + UL Canada/US Talk & Text

• 30-day plan
  • 8 GB of Canada-wide data at 3G speed + 500 MB with AutoPay
  • Unlimited Canada/US Talk & Text - You could talk and text as much as you like from Canada to the U.S., and vice versa! 
  • Additional 2 GB of US data roaming
  • International text included in both Canada + U.S.
  • New and current customers are eligible

How this plan works:

Making a call to someone in Canada

Making a call to someone outside of Canada

In Canada

Included

Only U.S. included 

In U.S.

Included

Only U.S. included

How to get this offer:

New customers

Current customers

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card. If purchasing from a participating retailer, the retail associate can assist you with the activation.
  3. During the activation process, select the Ready-made plan “$60 UL Can/US Talk & Text 8.5GB Can 3G Data with AutoPay plus 2GB US Data Roaming”.
  1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select the Ready-made plan “$60 UL Can/US Talk & Text 8.5GB Can 3G Data with AutoPay plus 2GB US Data Roaming”. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

FAQs

Spoiler

Question

Answer

How long will this plan be in market?

This is a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice. Please refer to Public Mobile’s Service Terms.  Please note that the promotion will not be honoured after it has ended. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, are in-transit and not yet activated.

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

I am an existing customer. What is the difference between changing my plan immediately and changing my plan on the next renewal date?

When changing your plan, you have 2 options: (1) change your plan immediately or (2) change on your next renewal date.

Here is the difference:

Changing your plan immediately...

You may choose to change your plan immediately if you have used all or most of your services, if your account is suspended and you would like a different plan, or if you would like to get started right away on the new plan. Here are some things you should know about this option:

●     There must be enough funds in your account to cover the full amount of the new plan.

●     A new payment cycle starts when you activate your new plan.

●     Your plan will not be prorated, which means that any days remaining in your current payment cycle will not be credited to your new plan.

●     Due to system limitations, if your account is suspended, you will need to send a private message to our Moderator Team here to change your plan immediately. You will need to be signed in to the Community for the link to work.

●     Any earned Rewards will be applied on your next renewal after the plan change.

Changing your plan at the next renewal date…

On the other hand, you may choose to change your plan on your next renewal date because it allows you to use the services you have already paid for. We recommend this option so your money can go further. Here are some things you should know about this option:

●     If you choose to change your plan on your next plan renewal date, the amount owed will be automatically updated.

●     If you have AutoPay set up, the amount of your new plan will be charged on your payment due date.

●     You can cancel a future-dated plan change at any time by clicking on the ‘Plans and Add-Ons’ tab and selecting ‘Cancel Order’.

●     Any earned Rewards will be applied on your next renewal after the plan change.

What happens if the “$60 UL Can/US Talk & Text 8.5GB Can 3G Data with AutoPay plus 2GB US Data Roaming” plan becomes unavailable before my next plan renewal date?

If you chose to change your plan to “$60 UL Can/US Talk & Text 8.5GB Can 3G Data with AutoPay plus 2GB US Data Roaming” on the next renewal date and the request has been submitted successfully, you will still switch to “$60 unlimited Canada/US Talk & Text” even if the promotion ends before your renewal date occurs.

380 REPLIES 380

rompre99
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

just a quick question.  There is a similar plan from Vidéotron in Québec but they have a limit of 120 days of roaming.  Since I’m looking at this plan for my parents that are snowbirds, the 120 days limit is a no go.  Does this plan has a similar limit?  

Thanks!

KamWest
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Personally I think this plan sucks for two reasons....

No global text..... Really???

Second, the US data should default to Canadian data if not used.

I mean we are still at 3g speeds here, if they want this plan to work they cannot serve us dry mashed potatoes. We are longing for a bit of gravy and that part to me is global text and actually letting me use all the data I paid for.

@torontokris wrote:

@akstobbe wrote:

That's interesting - according to my profile I've not used any US data (since I haven't been in the US yet) and I've only used about 21 MB of my 8.5 GB. What status are you referencing?

Think he's referencing the usage numbers you posted the 9999 seems odd.

9999.961 / 2048 

He might have changed the numbers because he thinks the data amount is private? Don't know, guessing.

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@akstobbe wrote:

That's interesting - according to my profile I've not used any US data (since I haven't been in the US yet) and I've only used about 21 MB of my 8.5 GB. What status are you referencing?

Think he's referencing the usage numbers you posted the 9999 seems odd.

9999.961 / 2048 

akstobbe

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@hasan9800 wrote:

Data & Add-Ons                  Amount Used
2GB at 3G Speed
                                             9999.961 / 2048 MB
8.5GB at 3G Speed
                                             9999.032 / 8704 MB

@hasan9800 interesting that you've used nearly exactly 1000 MB each of your US and Canadian data.  Perfect timing to be capturing this statistic to post 🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

akstobbe

I see both of the data plans so it's all good! Thanks for your help 🙂

akstobbe

Thanks. I know the correct plan was selected since that's the only one for $60.

hasan9800
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey @akstobbe

When you log into your PM account,

left side of the page (Above your Autopay) you should see this section:

My Data & Add-Ons

If a feature is not listed below, it may have been fully consumed and no longer available for use.

Data & Add-Ons                  Amount Used
2GB at 3G Speed
                                             9999.961 / 2048 MB
8.5GB at 3G Speed
                                             9999.032 / 8704 MB

If you see both of them you slected the right plan, if not... make sure you selected the right plan. There is another plan with 8.5GB only, double check on that. If you did fix that, then usually on your next cycle it becomes active.

Let me know how it goes, Good Luck!

@akstobbe wrote:

I just signed up for this plan but I'm wondering if I shouldn't be seeing the US roaming data in my plan description. So far I don't see it.

Plan discription is just manually typed or otherwise inserted text. It could say anything really. I would double check the right plan was selected, and if it was, I wouldn't worry about it.

akstobbe

I just signed up for this plan but I'm wondering if I shouldn't be seeing the US roaming data in my plan description. So far I don't see it.

hasan9800

It has and its been responded after that, 

@hasan9800 wrote:

It would seem there is some confusion on this topic. Let me clarify: 

1)8.5GB (when you sign up for Auto Pay) is for Across Canada ONLY. 

2)2GB that is part of this promo is for the US Network. So when I head south and want to say hi to Trump. My phone switches to the US Network. As long as my phone is in the US, I only get 2GB and can only use 2GB.  Its great for short trips to the US, ie. Google Maps,  Waze,  Whatsapp,  Viber. (Simple Apps) 

3)Last point the data reset when you Cycle reset ie.  June 5th you signed up,  so every 5th your data reset and you can use 8.5GB or in the US you get 2GB. 

Addons: Data Addons WILL roll over to your next cycle. Example I bought 2GB of Addons. In June I used 1.25GB on my next cycle I get .75GB left. 

Questions? Anybody? 

Not sure if anyone has corrected you on this yet, but it won’t be the same date each month, as plans are only 30-day cycles at Pam (well this specific plan).  June has 30 days, July 5th restart is Aug 4th reset.

kevinqqh

Thanks, PM.

VanZem

@GinYVR wrote:

@VanZemI would assume if they ran out of the 2GB from the States, they can purchase extra add ons with 10 days validity just like normal plans would.

That is my reasoning too, but can someone officially confirm this?

@VanZem wrote:

I also signed up for the same promo. After 2 months I switched to the $50 plan and they kept crediting the account. I will switch now to the $60 plan and I suppose they will continue with the promo.

You shouldn't be suprised.  The terms of the promotion that you were replying about stated that you would continue to get the $10 off for each of 6 renewals as long as you had a $30 or more plan.

@VanZemI would assume if they ran out of the 2GB from the States, they can purchase extra add ons with 10 days validity just like normal plans would.

VanZem

Wondering what happens on this plan if a person spends 2G but needs more data.

Can we still buy a roaming add on? Is it still good for 10 days only? 

VanZem

I also signed up for the same promo. After 2 months I switched to the $50 plan and they kept crediting the account. I will switch now to the $60 plan and I suppose they will continue with the promo.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GoalieGuy wrote:

Why is the only 4G option a data only? Also, when I look at my plan it doesn't say what speed it is. I can see 4G on my phone, but, shouldn't it say so in my plan description?

You can find several options of 4G speed in the BYO. Public Mobile generally uses 4G for data but they throttle it down to 3mbps or co-called 3G.

Vidal

@JimT wrote:

I am also rather worried about this.  I leave in a few days on a trip to the US and I was counting on this plan.  It is not showing any roaming to the US on my plan.  Just the 8.5 gig and talk&text to Canada/US

Anyone have success with this plan in the US yet?

Yes I’ve used it twice now two different days . It works awesome everything works great you hook up the T-Mobile in the states where my other son Didn’t have the plan he hooked up to AT&T but he couldn’t call or text I could do everything it was like awesome . 

GoalieGuy

Why is the only 4G option a data only? Also, when I look at my plan it doesn't say what speed it is. I can see 4G on my phone, but, shouldn't it say so in my plan description?

KamWest
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I would not worry

Take a screenshot of the plan and make your trip.

You know when it was activated so there is all the proof you will ever need.

You are probably overthinking it because it does say talk and text to the US.

JimT

I am also rather worried about this.  I leave in a few days on a trip to the US and I was counting on this plan.  It is not showing any roaming to the US on my plan.  Just the 8.5 gig and talk&text to Canada/US

Anyone have success with this plan in the US yet?

@Enasandrew14 wrote:

I switch to the new $60 plan that includes roaming in the USA. However, the plan did not show all the features as indicated when look at it in plan and add on 

I wouldn't worry too much about the plan details/description.  The features being on your account are more important.  Do the proper data amounts at least show in data and add-ons?

Enasandrew14

I switch to the new $60 plan that includes roaming in the USA. However, the plan did not show all the features as indicated when look at it in plan and add on 

hasan9800

That is true, and let us all wait for FebruaryRobot Very Happy

Whenever your cycle resets, (term of month is just to make a point) 

@Luddite wrote:

@hasan9800 Minor point: PM plans are 30 days not monthly. So activate June 5 and renewal is July 5 then Aug 4, Sep 3, Oct 3, Nov 2, etc.

Good point to remember....plan renewal dates change.

@hasan9800 Minor point: PM plans are 30 days not monthly. So activate June 5 and renewal is July 5 then Aug 4, Sep 3, Oct 3, Nov 2, etc.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

hasan9800

Yes,  That is correct. As everyone is saying. 

300MB will be reset. 

500MB will roll over to your next month and be available. 

Need Help? Let's chat.