cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated: Get 8.5 GB at 3G speed + 2 GB of US Data + UL Canada/US Talk & Text for $60!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Update as of October 11, 2019: This plan is now expired.

Hey Community,

Say hello to Summer :)! We’ve got the perfect plan for anyone headed state-side this Summer. For a limited time only, effective July 19th, 2019, you could get 8.5 GB of Canada Wide data, plus 2 GB of US Data Roaming, and Unlimited US roaming/Canada US Talk & Text for $60/mo! 

Plan details:

$60 for 8.5 GB at 3G speed + 2 GB of US Data + UL Canada/US Talk & Text

• 30-day plan
  • 8 GB of Canada-wide data at 3G speed + 500 MB with AutoPay
  • Unlimited Canada/US Talk & Text - You could talk and text as much as you like from Canada to the U.S., and vice versa! 
  • Additional 2 GB of US data roaming
  • International text included in both Canada + U.S.
  • New and current customers are eligible

How this plan works:

Making a call to someone in Canada

Making a call to someone outside of Canada

In Canada

Included

Only U.S. included 

In U.S.

Included

Only U.S. included

How to get this offer:

New customers

Current customers

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card. If purchasing from a participating retailer, the retail associate can assist you with the activation.
  3. During the activation process, select the Ready-made plan “$60 UL Can/US Talk & Text 8.5GB Can 3G Data with AutoPay plus 2GB US Data Roaming”.
  1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select the Ready-made plan “$60 UL Can/US Talk & Text 8.5GB Can 3G Data with AutoPay plus 2GB US Data Roaming”. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

FAQs

Spoiler

Question

Answer

How long will this plan be in market?

This is a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice. Please refer to Public Mobile’s Service Terms.  Please note that the promotion will not be honoured after it has ended. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, are in-transit and not yet activated.

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

I am an existing customer. What is the difference between changing my plan immediately and changing my plan on the next renewal date?

When changing your plan, you have 2 options: (1) change your plan immediately or (2) change on your next renewal date.

Here is the difference:

Changing your plan immediately...

You may choose to change your plan immediately if you have used all or most of your services, if your account is suspended and you would like a different plan, or if you would like to get started right away on the new plan. Here are some things you should know about this option:

●     There must be enough funds in your account to cover the full amount of the new plan.

●     A new payment cycle starts when you activate your new plan.

●     Your plan will not be prorated, which means that any days remaining in your current payment cycle will not be credited to your new plan.

●     Due to system limitations, if your account is suspended, you will need to send a private message to our Moderator Team here to change your plan immediately. You will need to be signed in to the Community for the link to work.

●     Any earned Rewards will be applied on your next renewal after the plan change.

Changing your plan at the next renewal date…

On the other hand, you may choose to change your plan on your next renewal date because it allows you to use the services you have already paid for. We recommend this option so your money can go further. Here are some things you should know about this option:

●     If you choose to change your plan on your next plan renewal date, the amount owed will be automatically updated.

●     If you have AutoPay set up, the amount of your new plan will be charged on your payment due date.

●     You can cancel a future-dated plan change at any time by clicking on the ‘Plans and Add-Ons’ tab and selecting ‘Cancel Order’.

●     Any earned Rewards will be applied on your next renewal after the plan change.

What happens if the “$60 UL Can/US Talk & Text 8.5GB Can 3G Data with AutoPay plus 2GB US Data Roaming” plan becomes unavailable before my next plan renewal date?

If you chose to change your plan to “$60 UL Can/US Talk & Text 8.5GB Can 3G Data with AutoPay plus 2GB US Data Roaming” on the next renewal date and the request has been submitted successfully, you will still switch to “$60 unlimited Canada/US Talk & Text” even if the promotion ends before your renewal date occurs.

380 REPLIES 380

You are correct...the data add-on will roll over to next cycle if there's anything remaining of it at renewal.

maheshboloor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@hasan9800 thts my understanding as well. I am currently on the 25$ 1 gb plan. If i have say, 300 mb left in this cycle , those won't rollover for next month. Now if I had another 1 gb of data as an add on after my initial 1 gb was used up, and i use only 500 mb of the add on, tht gets rolled over to my next cycle, Correct?

hasan9800
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It would seem there is some confusion on this topic. Let me clarify: 

1)8.5GB (when you sign up for Auto Pay) is for Across Canada ONLY. 

2)2GB that is part of this promo is for the US Network. So when I head south and want to say hi to Trump. My phone switches to the US Network. As long as my phone is in the US, I only get 2GB and can only use 2GB.  Its great for short trips to the US, ie. Google Maps,  Waze,  Whatsapp,  Viber. (Simple Apps) 

3)Last point the data reset when you Cycle reset ie.  June 5th you signed up,  so every 5th your data reset and you can use 8.5GB or in the US you get 2GB. 

Addons: Data Addons WILL roll over to your next cycle. Example I bought 2GB of Addons. In June I used 1.25GB on my next cycle I get .75GB left. 

Questions? Anybody? 

maheshboloor

@ShawnC13 I am new to Canada so I have no idea. Used to be on an ATT postpaid 2 years ago (switched to Tmobile after that) and they had rollover of unused data to next month on my plan. It was suprisingly handy.

@maheshboloor wrote:

@AE_Collector It actually kinda goes along with the fact that PM doesnt have rollover data.

If i dont use my allocated data per month, i just lose it. Same applies to the US 2GB roaming data. You dont use it, you lose it. I really think PM should have rollover data feature added. To avoid abuse, they should not allow rollover data if someone is changing plans mid cycle. 

@maheshboloor, what other providers offer rollover data?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

maheshboloor

@AE_Collector It actually kinda goes along with the fact that PM doesnt have rollover data.

If i dont use my allocated data per month, i just lose it. Same applies to the US 2GB roaming data. You dont use it, you lose it. I really think PM should have rollover data feature added. To avoid abuse, they should not allow rollover data if someone is changing plans mid cycle. 

One of my first questions pages ago was whether the US Data would be usable in Canada if the 8.5 Gb of data was exhausted. Seemed logical to me as the US Voice calling Add-on (from Canada) behaves that way on plans with limited voice calling. But apparently the US roaming data does not add on to the regular data. Too bad as that would effectively make this a 10.5 Gb plan with the added US roaming ability. But it is what it is!

Terry

tehowennathe

Currently in the US and it works perfectly. You still get the message saying you need a US roaming add on. Simply ignore that text and go on with your trip.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@KamWest wrote:

So if I am in Canada and have used upmy 8.5 canadian gigs does it shut off or can I use my 2gb us data in canada at that time.

So basically when in Canada I get 10.5

When in the states I get 2gb

Am I correct with this assumption?

I would say explore that boundary and let us know. Odd things happen in this service.

My guess would be that data will stop at 8.5. The 2gb is roaming. You're not roaming.

KamWest

So if I am in Canada and have used upmy 8.5 canadian gigs does it shut off or can I use my 2gb us data in canada at that time.

So basically when in Canada I get 10.5

When in the states I get 2gb

Am I correct with this assumption?

countonalex

@Vidal wrote:

@GinYVR wrote:

@Alan_KIs the transition between Canada and US plan seamless in terms service? I noticed a people on the forum temporarily loosing service for a while after buying US package and returning back to Canada. Does this plan work differently in that aspect?

Yes it works great . I just went over to the states had no problem worked great ...

good to hear. i don't travel often but don't mind having this plan for peace of mind. always hated fumbling multiple sims.

DDM69

That makes sense.  Thank you

@DDM69 wrote:

Can I change to this plan when I need it and change back to my regular plan for the next billing cycle?

Thanks

@DDM69 wrote:

Can I change to this plan when I need it and change back to my regular plan for the next billing cycle?

Thanks

You can do that, but whatever plan you want must been currently offered when requesting each change.

DDM69

Thanks

Vidal

@GinYVR wrote:

@Alan_KIs the transition between Canada and US plan seamless in terms service? I noticed a people on the forum temporarily loosing service for a while after buying US package and returning back to Canada. Does this plan work differently in that aspect?

Yes it works great . I just went over to the states had no problem worked great ...

@gstone99 wrote:

Will this offer be available through the month of august? I will need a plan, but not until the end of September, so I would prefer not to sign up any earlier than possible.

@gstone99  What @torontokris  suggests is probably your best bet.  You could actually sign up with PM and get $10 plan and then future date to the promotional $60 plan, that way you will be guaranteed to have that plan even if the promotion is over.

Just to add to the suggestion, if you sign up with the $10 plan (least epensive option), you can opt for a new number until you're ready to port over your number at the end of September.

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@gstone99 wrote:

Will this offer be available through the month of august? I will need a plan, but not until the end of September, so I would prefer not to sign up any earlier than possible.

Are you currently with PM? Guessing yes since you belong to this forum. You can add the plan and future date it to start on the start of your next cycle

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@maheshboloor wrote:

Thats an amazing plan and great value for money for frequent US travelers.

Also I wish PM charges only 10$ for additional 1 gb add on of data. 30$ is really expensive if you run out of data before renewal.

Koodo and others charge $10/100mb  or more

rickytour

Just switch from Freedom mobile it's great for me travelling from coast to coast and to the south

Thanks PM

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gstone99 wrote:

Goll dang it! Where's my goss sarn crystal ball?! Oh wait. There's my Magic 8-Ball. Let's see...it says - Don't count on it. 🙂

The details say limited time offer. Only the company knows. And they ain't gonna tell until they announce it's imminent demise. Either that or just yank it.

@gstone99  hi that is hard to say it can end anytime just keep an eye out they usually give a few days notice it does say limited time offer Smiley Happy

gstone99
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

maheshboloor

Thats an amazing plan and great value for money for frequent US travelers.

Also I wish PM charges only 10$ for additional 1 gb add on of data. 30$ is really expensive if you run out of data before renewal.

nudgeme15
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This is a pretty cool plan actually!

@stonechucker wrote:

I hate it when those who live overseas call Canada as America.  We are part of the Continent of North America, we are not part of the US of America (America being the favour short-form of the United States of America).

@stonechucker Very well said, this drives me nuts too. But even closer to home, how do we get US Citizens to stop calling themselves Americans? They picked the name that delineates just a portion of America (the United States part of America) to be their country name but then they fail to call themselves “United Statesians” instead preferring to commandeer the name “Americans” for themselves and then going so far as to rename their country “America” as well.  Wrong on both counts.

Then they and/or their leaders proceed to behave in a manner making a majority of Canadians and likely a majority of citizens of the 15-20 or so other countries in America (North and South) want to distance themselves from the USA leaving us with no choice but to correct others that we are NOT from America even though in reality we are. We are from North America to be more specific.

Terry

@Ngoik wrote:

I am very interested in switching from.freedom for this plan....i need to clarify: If I go to the US for a few weeks, I can still use my own phone to call and text to Canada/US, AND I have 2gb of data? NO extra purchase required? NO unexpected roaming costs?

Keep in mind that being a prepaid plan it will simply stop working when you exhaust any particular part of the plan. IE: use up your 2 Gb of US data and it will stop surfing the web while in the US until your next renewal.

Terry

tehowennathe

@luke11992 wrote:

Kudos to PM for continually coming out with these great deals.

I agree. As a no frills carrier I never thought they would have a Canada US plan. It's helpful for me who has family on both sides of the border.

Vidal

@countonalex wrote:

@Vidal wrote:

I said switch two phones To the new plan my phone reset back to zero on the data my sons phone didn’t reset back to zero it’s now says it’s downloaded 5 1/2 gig where he hasn’t even downloaded one Gig the whole time he’s been on public mobile by what his iPhone says .

Do you mean that his iPhone says he’s used 5.5gb and it hasn’t reset or that the online portal does?

if it’s his iPhone then it won’t reset unless you manually reset the usage. The iPhone doesn’t know when you changed plans (even if you put in a new SIM card the usage is still the same)

No I just said on public mobile that it was 5.5 used . I got it fixed up now shows 140 meg.

luke11992

Kudos to PM for continually coming out with these great deals.

Need Help? Let's chat.