Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Update] More is Merrier is back!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

[Update]

Thank you for your patience. We’ve received a lot more excitement than expected.

If you have responded “YES” and are waiting for your offers - hang tight, your gifts are on it’s way. Remember, you have until December 31, 2021 to redeem your holiday offers. 

Jade_S_1-1638369480710.png

Hey Community,

The season of giving has arrived and we’ve got some amazing things to give🎄.

Our holiday rewards are back and we’re giving away free data, free international long distance minutes and more, available until December 31st, 11:59PM EST

This holiday season we’re excited to share some awesome rewards:

• Connect more with 2GB of free data
  • Chat more with 500 free international minutes
  • Share more by referring a friend and receive a bonus one-time $30 credit

I’m an existing customer; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

1. Between December 1st - 15th, we’ll send you a text message with your holiday gifts. 
  2. To redeem them, just reply “YES” and your free data and international minutes will be automatically applied to your account. 

I’m not a customer yet; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

• No problem! All you have to do is buy a SIM card and activate before December 31st.  
  • These gifts will be automatically added to your account within a week, and we’ll send you a SMS to let you know.

What else you need to know:

• Add-on offers are available for all new and existing customers from December 1st 9:00AM ET to December 31st 2021 11:59PM ET
  • Limit of one 2GB data add-on and one 500 min international calling add-on per customer. Add-ons are one-time only and will remain on your account until fully used 
  • $30 referral bonus is redeemable only once per customer. 
    • Customer must refer a friend between Dec 1-31st using their unique referral code
    • Friend must activate before Dec 31st 11:59PM EST
    • Customer will receive a $5 bill credit/month for 6 months, for a total of $30 as long as the referred friend stays with us
  • International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

For more information, about More is Merrier please click here 

Wishing you a happy and rewarding holiday season - from us, to you!

- The Public Mobile Community Team

2,096 REPLIES 2,096

Hutchie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

my sim was activated last night, will i still get the season gift?

cycy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I replied YES today, Dec 29, but didn't receive the holiday bonus. How can I add to my account? thanks. 

HI @Coolie   if YES to short code 4911 does not work, you will need to open ticket with PM.  click on the Bubble on the lower right or directly at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.
Follow these these to get to ticket open page quicker:

1. type: Contact CS Agent
  2. Click "Contact Us"
  3. Click "Other"
  4. Click "Click here to submit a ticket"
  5. you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

@Coolie wrote:

I answered yes to my free data and intetnational callling but it didnt work.

@Coolie  - so you did receive a text from Public Mobile? Or, did you recently activate and texted YES to 4911?

If you recently activated, the addons are supposed to be added automatically within one week.

As per TERMS:

"New customers will have add-ons automatically added to their accounts within 1 week of activation."

If after a week, and January rolls around, yes contact CSA to have them add it for you.

Two ways to reach them here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

@Coolie 

Retry to text Yes again.  

If that does not work, you will need to contact Customer service agent.  Click on chat icon on right lower corner of website.  Type: Unable to get a promo.  Follow prompts to submit ticket for moderator help.  Expect a few hours wait time response.  

Coolie

I answered yes to my free data and intetnational callling but it didnt work.

@wuviveka wrote:

I'm not new customer. I replied Yes but didn't get any response and I checked my account. There's no rewards... what should do?

Before you contact a CSA.   Text to 4911 the word YES

See if you get an immediate response. If no, contact a CSA. 

@wuviveka 

If the holiday gifts are not showing in your account contact customer support to have them add them for you.

wuviveka

I'm not new customer. I replied Yes but didn't get any response and I checked my account. There's no rewards... what should do?

@wuviveka Are you a new customer ?

• These gifts will be automatically added to your account within a week, and you'll will receive a SMS to let you know.

wuviveka

I responded "yes" to the holiday reward but I didn't get anything...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Macau, Pakistan, Philippines, Taiwan weren't in any prior calling add-ons.

As always with all of these things...YMMV. Try them. You might be surprised.

You might even be surprised where you can call with a roaming talk add-on.

@iffatkamran87 

The holiday international long distance calling minutes add on does include Pakistan. When in doubt just try calling. If it doesn't then the call just won't go thru. There are no overages, extra billing or fees at pm so something either works and is included in your service or it just doesn't work. So it never hurts to try at pm!

@Zyl 

The holiday calling add on is coded as the old $15/400 international minutes add on that included Canada and the US and a list of countries that included Pakistan and China for example but that are not included in the new $15 international calling add on. But all of the new countries on the new add on can also be called if you have the holiday gift(s) from this year and the previous 2 years. Not every single country has been test called but many of them have.....I personally called the National galleries of Ireland and China to test the theory.

Calling add ons are coded to use the appropriate add on for the call being made as old add ons included :

1. $5/500min Canada wide calling
  2. $8/200min US/Canada wide calling
  3. $15/400min International and US/Canada wide calling

The system would always choose the appropriate add on taking cost as a consideration but not a free gift counting as cost or in the above listing a US call would be metered on calling add on #2 even though #3 is slightly cheaper....#2 is the intended add on for US calling.

@BeachNBeer 

Yes it's doubtful that the Phillipines is included due to its pricing structure at $.15/min and it not previously a country that could be called.

You could purchase one from a local retailer.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/store-locator

If you are in the GTA then consider buying one from CCS.

https://canadiancellsupplies.com

Other option would be to purchase one from Amazon.ca and sign up for Amazon Prime to get quicker delivery.

@alexlee wrote:

Hi, i have already placed my order 2 days ago for a sim card, but it will probably arrive until January. i do really want those gifts, so what should I do? thanks a lot.

HI @alexlee , best is to go to a local mobile store and see if they sell you PM SIM. 

But check store around you and call first, not all stores willing to sell SIM without activation

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/user-subscriptions

(Bigger chance that Koodo stores will sell  but there were still reports saying Koodo store refuse to sell without activation) 

alexlee

Hi, i have already placed my order 2 days ago for a sim card, but it will probably arrive until January. i do really want those gifts, so what should I do? thanks a lot.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@calhounkrista : Not here. You need to reply as a text message to 4911 with that.

calhounkrista

Yes

SPY21

THANK YOU for your quick reply and helpful information. I submitted a ticket. 🙂

Have a happy, healthy, safe 2022!

HI @SPY21 , 

If you replied Yes and cannot find the 2 add-ons added on your My Account,  you will have to open a ticket with PM.

PM CS agent will confirm and will add it for you manually.  Just click on the Bubble on the lower right or directly at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

2. Click "Contact Us"
  3. Click "Other"

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

SPY21

Happy Holidays!

I texted YES several times but have not received any auto replies. I also checked my account several times and I do not see any offers. Please advise.

Thanks,

Sally

TmainPMcommunit

Thanks. Found it. I thought it was a spam. 

HI @cfutb ,   Did you login to My Account and check if you have 2 new Add-ons added under My Data and Add-ons?

If you replied Yes and cannot find the 2 add-ons added on your My Account,  you will have to open a ticket with PM and they will add it for you manually, click on the Bubble on the lower right or directly at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

2. Click "Contact Us"
  3. Click "Other"

cfutb

We texted YES replying to this offer but it never activated.  How do you fix this?

HI @TmainPMcommunit   It came from short code 4911.  

You don't have to find the old text, you can just try to create a new text and send "Yes" to 4911 and see if you get a reply back saying the add-on added successfully.

If not, you will then need to open a ticket with PM and they will add the add-ons for you

TmainPMcommunit

Thank you. 👍

From  what number the text comes from? Can't find it? What would be the keywords if I need to search for it? Thanks.

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@iffatkamran87  They will remain on your account that is all. Maybe one day you'll need to call USA or another country. If you're on a plan with limited minutes like the $15 plan than they can also be used to call Canada.

iffatkamran87

Oh no😭😭😭😭😭😭 I don't know anyone except from pakistan...what should I do with 500 mins these are useless for me...

Need Help? Let's chat.