Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Update] More is Merrier is back!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

[Update]

Thank you for your patience. We’ve received a lot more excitement than expected.

If you have responded “YES” and are waiting for your offers - hang tight, your gifts are on it’s way. Remember, you have until December 31, 2021 to redeem your holiday offers. 

Jade_S_1-1638369480710.png

Hey Community,

The season of giving has arrived and we’ve got some amazing things to give🎄.

Our holiday rewards are back and we’re giving away free data, free international long distance minutes and more, available until December 31st, 11:59PM EST

This holiday season we’re excited to share some awesome rewards:

• Connect more with 2GB of free data
  • Chat more with 500 free international minutes
  • Share more by referring a friend and receive a bonus one-time $30 credit

I’m an existing customer; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

1. Between December 1st - 15th, we’ll send you a text message with your holiday gifts. 
  2. To redeem them, just reply “YES” and your free data and international minutes will be automatically applied to your account. 

I’m not a customer yet; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

• No problem! All you have to do is buy a SIM card and activate before December 31st.  
  • These gifts will be automatically added to your account within a week, and we’ll send you a SMS to let you know.

What else you need to know:

• Add-on offers are available for all new and existing customers from December 1st 9:00AM ET to December 31st 2021 11:59PM ET
  • Limit of one 2GB data add-on and one 500 min international calling add-on per customer. Add-ons are one-time only and will remain on your account until fully used 
  • $30 referral bonus is redeemable only once per customer. 
    • Customer must refer a friend between Dec 1-31st using their unique referral code
    • Friend must activate before Dec 31st 11:59PM EST
    • Customer will receive a $5 bill credit/month for 6 months, for a total of $30 as long as the referred friend stays with us
  • International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

For more information, about More is Merrier please click here 

Wishing you a happy and rewarding holiday season - from us, to you!

- The Public Mobile Community Team

2,096 REPLIES 2,096

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@iffatkamran87  No sorry the 500 holiday gift long distance minutes does not include Pakistan.

International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

You can log into your account and click on Purchase add-ons. There is a $15 add-on for 750 minutes to Pakistan that you can buy.

Screenshot_20211227-075525_Chrome.jpg

  

Happy Holidays!

iffatkamran87
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi hope u all have happy holiday I have received one time 500 long distance bonus kindly tell me foes it include pakistan?

Zyl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@BeachNBeer wrote:

@Zyl  There is a specific Phillipines add-on that can be purchased so I doubt the free holiday gift would work to call Phillipines.

Screenshot_20211227-033000_Chrome.jpg

Never noticed that Public Mobile has so many different plans specifically targetting different regions exclusive of each other.  What a ripoff for Philippinos.  $15 for just 100 minutes of talk time?!!  When $15 can buy so much more talk time for other countries/regions?? The Philippines needs to implement a mandatory three-children per family policy.  😀    

BeachNBeer

@Zyl  There is a specific Phillipines add-on that can be purchased so I doubt the free holiday gift would work to call Phillipines.

Screenshot_20211227-033000_Chrome.jpg

Zyl

@darlicious wrote:

@Zyl 

Well you are half right.....in regards to the holiday 2gb data add on. But when it comes to the 500 international long distance calling minutes they can be used for Canada wide calling along with to the US, UK and anywhere else pm customers can call internationally on the list.....not every country has been tested yet so I love to hear if it works for the Philippines?!!

As a result if a customer prefers to save the international calling add on for just that.....international calling they should at the very least add the $5/500min add on to their account so if they use all of their outgoing plan minutes their Canada wide calling (or local) will automatically switch to use ths much cheaper $0.01/min add on rather than the holiday minutes add on worth up to $0.05/min.

REALLY??!!!  So you can use the international calls minutes for canada-wide calling as well??  😲   Didn't know that.  Learning something new every day.  I am sure it will work for the Philippines.  I mean they allow calling to Macau, and Macau isn't even a country.  LOL In that case, that holiday minute add-on gift is so misleading then.  They shouldn't have labelled it as 500 minutes International Long Distance Add-on, they should've just labelled it as "For All Locations" Add-on.  Good of you to point it out.       

Oh so they use up the paid add-on first before they dig into the holiday gift add-on?  Wow!! Learning so much more from you today.  🙂 

@Zyl 

Well you are half right.....in regards to the holiday 2gb data add on. But when it comes to the 500 international long distance calling minutes they can be used for Canada wide calling along with to the US, UK and anywhere else pm customers can call internationally on the list.....not every country has been tested yet so I love to hear if it works for the Philippines?!!

As a result if a customer prefers to save the international calling add on for just that.....international calling they should at the very least add the $5/500min add on to their account so if they use all of their outgoing plan minutes their Canada wide calling (or local) will automatically switch to use ths much cheaper $0.01/min add on rather than the holiday minutes add on worth up to $0.05/min.

Zyl

@CanadianPerson0 wrote:

I have the $15/30 days plan, which gives me 100 Canada-wide minutes & 250MB. I claimed the More is Merrier promotional offer and now I have an additional 500 International minutes & 2048MB (2GB).

For the 2GB of Data will that only start being used if I go over my 250MB? I'd hate to use my one-time bonus rather than my 30-day resetting data.

I don't think I've ever called anybody outside Canada. If let's say I use my 100 Canada-wide minutes would it start eating into my 500 International minutes? Or is it strictly for outside Canada?

Thanks

@CanadianPerson0  

Regarding the 2GB data add-on, it's NOT part of the 250 MB data that gets reset every month so it only starts to get used when the 250 MB is all used up.  And it's not re-occurring so once it's used up, it's gone.  So I would suggest to set up a an alert and/or a data limitation on your cellphone to alert you when your 250 MB is about to be used up and/or limit the data usage to only 250 MB per month if you want to save the 2GB data to be always available to you. 

Regarding the 500 international minutes, they are NOT to be used for calls within Canada; they are only for international calls outside of Canada like USA or China.  Correction:  Just been informed by @darlicious's post below that the 500 international long-distance minutes from the holiday gift is good for canada-wide calling as well and not just exclusively for international calling outside of Canada.  That label is so misleading.    

Hope this helps.   

@billyeis wrote:

I have send reply YES but still nothing or confirmation for the holiday giveaway, any idea?

I suggest checking in your Self Serve account for confirmation that they have been added.  If they haven't, I would say it's time to open a ticket with a customer support agent. That can be done by proceeding to:   https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

billyeis

I have send reply YES but still nothing or confirmation for the holiday giveaway, any idea?

BeachNBeer

@CanadianPerson0  another tip to save minutes. Use someone else's phone to call your cell number when voicemail starts to play press * (star) enter your password and listen to your voicemail. Or download Textnow app. You get another Canadian number that can make Free USA/Canada calls over wifi, also has text ,caller I'd and voicemail also... anyways use the app to call your real cell number then press * enter password and listen to voicemail. As calling your voicemail eats away at your 100 minutes.

CanadianPerson0
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yeah, whenever I know I'm gonna be on a long call I always tell them to call me.

Thanks for the information & the tip! 🙂

BeachNBeer

@CanadianPerson0  Your plan data is used first..if you run out the add-on kicks in. When plan renews after 30 days it will go back to plan data and your add-on will sit in the background waiting to be used again. It will remain for as long as it takes you to use it up.

500 minutes you can use them for Canada calls if you run out of your 100 minutes.. Don't forget incoming calls are free. So text the person or call em and say call me back. So then you save even more of your 100 minutes.

Happy Holidays!

@CanadianPerson0

The bonus data only used after your plan data is consumed. 

The bonus minutes includes Canada and USA destinations and are only consumed after your plan minutes are consumed.

Both the bonus data and minutes will remain on your account until they are fully consumed.

CanadianPerson0
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have the $15/30 days plan, which gives me 100 Canada-wide minutes & 250MB. I claimed the More is Merrier promotional offer and now I have an additional 500 International minutes & 2048MB (2GB).

For the 2GB of Data will that only start being used if I go over my 250MB? I'd hate to use my one-time bonus rather than my 30-day resetting data.

I don't think I've ever called anybody outside Canada. If let's say I use my 100 Canada-wide minutes would it start eating into my 500 International minutes? Or is it strictly for outside Canada?

Thanks

BeachNBeer

@Terrye   If you just signed up after 15th. It will be around 7 days till the 2gig and 500 long distance minutes are applied to your account for signup date. If you used a referral code for a $10 signup bonuse that will be applied within 72 hours of activation.

If you been a customer for awhile. You should have received a text about the gifts and asking you to reply back with YES then you get a confirmation text and system applies to account automatically. 

You can try texting YES to 4911 see what happens.

If you just signed up wait the 7 days for the credit. If you're a customer for awhile contact support.

Contact customer service agents.

Open a ticket via:

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html (faster response time)

Type "ticket" > Click "Contact Us" > Select your issue > "Click here to submit a ticket↗"

or send a private message to:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

and describe your issue. Include your name,phone #, account #, Email address,4-digit PIN to speed up authentication process.

HI @Terrye 

did you get the text from PM and reply YES to the text ?  or you can compose one to Short code 4911, just put YES.  You should get a reply immediately telling they are added

if still not work, or you still not see the 2GB on time bonus you can open  at ticket with PM using Chatbot at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.
Follow these these to get to ticket open page quicker:

1. type: Contact CS Agent
  2. Click "Contact Us"
  3. Click "Other"
  4. Click "Click here to submit a ticket"
  5. you will then direct to another page to open ticket.
    After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

Terrye
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Did not get my free 2Go for Christmas. How could I get them ?

@helenhelen Use when you're in US isn't included. That's roaming.

helenhelen

With the international calling credits, does it work while out of the country? For example, if I am in the US, can I make a call to a US number?

BeachNBeer

@joe9  Happy Holidays!

joe9

thankyou every one for helping me.

joe9

Thank you

BeachNBeer

@joe9 

If he tried texting 4911 with YES and no confirmation replay and the rewards are not in his account under my rewards section then he has to contact Support.

Contact customer service agents. 

Open a ticket via: 

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html (faster response time) 

Type "ticket" > Click "Contact Us" > Select your issue > "Click here to submit a ticket↗" 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

and describe your issue. Include your name,phone #, account #, Email address,4-digit PIN to speed up authentication process.

HI @joe9   you can still compose a new message and send to Short Code 4911.  Just send a Yes over.  You should get a reply back 

If no reply, you can open a ticket with PM , click on the Bubble on the lower right or directly at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot

2. Click "Contact Us"
  3. Click "Other"

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

joe9

My son deleted his text before confirming and responding yes to the free data and minutes this year. Is there anyway to retreive the text.

Hi @juanpablo03   , did you check My Account already and don't see 2 new lines in My Data & Add-ons?  

If that is the case, open a ticket with PM.   click on the Bubble on the lower right or directly at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot

2. Click "Contact Us"
  3. Click "Other"

According to the terms and conditions.

I’m an existing customer; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

1. Between December 1st - 15th, we’ll send you a text message with your holiday gifts. 
  2. To redeem them, just reply “YES” and your free data and international minutes will be automatically applied to your account. 

I’m not a customer yet; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

• No problem! All you have to do is buy a SIM card and activate before December 31st.  
  • These gifts will be automatically added to your account within a week, and you will receive a SMS to let you know.

macsal

@juanpablo03  if you recently signed up, then according to the terms and conditions those freebies should be automatically added to your self-serve account within one week of activation

If it gets after that time, and you still don't have the add-ons, then I suggest you contact customer support to have them added for you. Happy holidays

BeachNBeer

@juanpablo03  If it is not showing in your account under My rewards section then contact customer service agents. 

Open a ticket via: 

juanpablo03

I had replied with the “Yes” but nothing happened 

help

Need Help? Let's chat.