Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Update] More is Merrier is back!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

[Update]

Thank you for your patience. We’ve received a lot more excitement than expected.

If you have responded “YES” and are waiting for your offers - hang tight, your gifts are on it’s way. Remember, you have until December 31, 2021 to redeem your holiday offers. 

Jade_S_1-1638369480710.png

Hey Community,

The season of giving has arrived and we’ve got some amazing things to give🎄.

Our holiday rewards are back and we’re giving away free data, free international long distance minutes and more, available until December 31st, 11:59PM EST

This holiday season we’re excited to share some awesome rewards:

• Connect more with 2GB of free data
  • Chat more with 500 free international minutes
  • Share more by referring a friend and receive a bonus one-time $30 credit

I’m an existing customer; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

1. Between December 1st - 15th, we’ll send you a text message with your holiday gifts. 
  2. To redeem them, just reply “YES” and your free data and international minutes will be automatically applied to your account. 

I’m not a customer yet; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

• No problem! All you have to do is buy a SIM card and activate before December 31st.  
  • These gifts will be automatically added to your account within a week, and we’ll send you a SMS to let you know.

What else you need to know:

• Add-on offers are available for all new and existing customers from December 1st 9:00AM ET to December 31st 2021 11:59PM ET
  • Limit of one 2GB data add-on and one 500 min international calling add-on per customer. Add-ons are one-time only and will remain on your account until fully used 
  • $30 referral bonus is redeemable only once per customer. 
    • Customer must refer a friend between Dec 1-31st using their unique referral code
    • Friend must activate before Dec 31st 11:59PM EST
    • Customer will receive a $5 bill credit/month for 6 months, for a total of $30 as long as the referred friend stays with us
  • International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

For more information, about More is Merrier please click here 

Wishing you a happy and rewarding holiday season - from us, to you!

- The Public Mobile Community Team

2,096 REPLIES 2,096

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Andrew91 wrote:

So if I only use 6.5GB this month a ½ GB would just transfer to next month making it so I can use 5.5 GB for January right?

that is correct. 

You can keep checking this in your my account plan details page.

@fatalnick 

Correct.

AE_Collector

@Andrew91 what plan are you on?

Here's an example. Let's say you're on the $40 plan with auto-pay for 5 gigs.

Ever 30 days your plan renews and you have 5 gigs of data.

You now also have a 2 gig data add-on sitting in background. 

Jan, Feb you don't go over your 5 gigs that renews each 30 days. Come March you use all 5gig and now the system dips into your 2 gig data and you use 500mb. When your plan renews in April you get your 5gigs back and now your add-on has 1.5 gigs left. So you start April using your plan data first 5 gigs and if you go over it will dip into the add-on, if you don't go over Mays renewal you'll start with your 5gig plan data again while the add-on sits in background for when it needs to be used.

@Andrew91 

Yes, that's 👍 right. 

So enjoy the free data.

Andrew91
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So if I only use 6.5GB this month a ½ GB would just transfer to next month making it so I can use 5.5 GB for January right?

Once your regular plan data is used then the 2GB will be used.  It will remain in your account until it is used up.

@Andrew91 

The 2GB is an add on and will drop off your account once it's fully used up. It'll keep rolling over to the next month until used up.

It'll only be used when you've completely used up your data that comes with your plan 🙂

@Andrew91  what ever plan you're on. That data will renew every 30 days. If you go over your plan data it will dip into the 2gb data add-on. 

It will stay on until all the data is used. So if this month you use 500mb of the 2gb. Then your plan renews you will start with your plan data again and there will be 1.5gb sitting in background waiting for next time it needs to be used. It could be months later that you need to dip into the add-on again.

If that explanation makes sense to you 🙂

Happy Holidays!

Andrew91

My 2GB data bonus at Christmas time is a nice touch.

Will my data plan which is currently 5GB a month go back to normal after Dec.31?  Or do I have to just remember to use less data next month?

LeafsChick

@walker1 Thanks! We'll just stick to Whatsapp when he's out of Canada, just thought it might be a good way to use all these up I've never touched lol 

@LeafsChick 

Your welcome and good 👍 luck.

Don't forget to add the funds to your account first and then go back and buy it 😉

LeafsChick

@walker1  Thanks...that's what I figured!

@LeafsChick...this add-on is available for $15...edit...as suggested by @walker1 

300 International Long Distance Minutes

Included countries: Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France,Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, Venezuela

@LeafsChick 

Yes you'll absolutely right.

You'll have to get the regular international calling add on, from inside your selfservice account.

Don't forget to add the funds to your account first and then go back and buy the add on you want.

LeafsChick

Assuming the only countries included are the ones listed, and not the regular PM international list (for add on plans?)

I wanted to call Norway, but its not on this list, so I'd need to do an add on for it to work

International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

fatalnick
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I still haven't received a text with the promo and there are about 2 days left till they stop sending out texts apparently. If I don't receive a text with the promo in time (by Dec. 15), do I contact support and ask? 

@DDM69 

You don't need the text message.  You can send an outgoing text message  YES to 4911.  That should work to automatically get your son's account the promo add ons.  

You can contact a CSA after Dec.15th.

Here’s when and how to contact our Customer Support Agents:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

My son deleted the text and can no longer reply "yes" to add the bonus data and long distance.  Can we still add it ourselves?

Thanks

barndoor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@LitlLdy wrote:

@t_p wrote:

@LitlLdy wrote:

To be selfish I wish the 500 one-time Int'l LD bonus minutes included calling within Canada 😔. I never make calls intentionally but need Canada calling minutes. 

@LitlLdy 

It does:

• International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

Oh my goodness, I feel stupid. I always thought Canada wasn’t considered international when making calls within Canada to Canadian phone numbers! Goes to show I can still learn things! Thank you. I am way to tired (insomnia)!

Don't feel stupid  for an instant . This is a telecom company ...so you always have to read the finer details to find out the true parameters of the offers. They seem to use a language all their own, so abuse the meaning of the English language as most of us know it, fairly substantially at times. 😉

barndoor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Just curious ...why dose the title of the thread keep bouncing around ?    It's no wonder i seem to have lost track of threads before if the titles can get changed half way through . 🤔

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

JorB

How do I check that or change it if it is?

JorB

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@t_p wrote:

@LitlLdy wrote:

To be selfish I wish the 500 one-time Int'l LD bonus minutes included calling within Canada 😔. I never make calls intentionally but need Canada calling minutes. 

@LitlLdy 

It does:

• International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

Oh my goodness, I feel stupid. I always thought Canada wasn’t considered international when making calls within Canada to Canadian phone numbers! Goes to show I can still learn things! Thank you. I am way to tired (insomnia)!

PubQuestion

Thanks! It's added now 🙂

@darlicious wrote:

@AE_Collector 

I erred....you will get it within the first week of January.

Did your Cha-ching text come at 11am Pacific?

Yes 11 AM exactly. But about three days after the $1 showed up in my list of referrals. 

AE_Collector

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@ne_   Just to add to what computergeek541 suggested, make sure to respond with a YES text to 4911.  

@ne_ wrote:

@J_PM Hello,

I think I deleted the message without responding. I see the 500 min on my account (may be from last year).

How can I get the rewards? Can Public Mobile resend the text message?

Thank you

You don't need to still have the text message.  You can send an outgoing text message to 4911.  This year's add-ons are called 2GB one-time data bonus and 500 one-time int'l LD bonus.

Need Help? Let's chat.