Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Update] More is Merrier is back!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

[Update]

Thank you for your patience. We’ve received a lot more excitement than expected.

If you have responded “YES” and are waiting for your offers - hang tight, your gifts are on it’s way. Remember, you have until December 31, 2021 to redeem your holiday offers. 

Jade_S_1-1638369480710.png

Hey Community,

The season of giving has arrived and we’ve got some amazing things to give🎄.

Our holiday rewards are back and we’re giving away free data, free international long distance minutes and more, available until December 31st, 11:59PM EST

This holiday season we’re excited to share some awesome rewards:

• Connect more with 2GB of free data
  • Chat more with 500 free international minutes
  • Share more by referring a friend and receive a bonus one-time $30 credit

I’m an existing customer; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

1. Between December 1st - 15th, we’ll send you a text message with your holiday gifts. 
  2. To redeem them, just reply “YES” and your free data and international minutes will be automatically applied to your account. 

I’m not a customer yet; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

• No problem! All you have to do is buy a SIM card and activate before December 31st.  
  • These gifts will be automatically added to your account within a week, and we’ll send you a SMS to let you know.

What else you need to know:

• Add-on offers are available for all new and existing customers from December 1st 9:00AM ET to December 31st 2021 11:59PM ET
  • Limit of one 2GB data add-on and one 500 min international calling add-on per customer. Add-ons are one-time only and will remain on your account until fully used 
  • $30 referral bonus is redeemable only once per customer. 
    • Customer must refer a friend between Dec 1-31st using their unique referral code
    • Friend must activate before Dec 31st 11:59PM EST
    • Customer will receive a $5 bill credit/month for 6 months, for a total of $30 as long as the referred friend stays with us
  • International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

For more information, about More is Merrier please click here 

Wishing you a happy and rewarding holiday season - from us, to you!

- The Public Mobile Community Team

2,096 REPLIES 2,096

bluejaywpg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I got the text just a few minutes ago & 3 minutes later I replied YES.  I then got a reply saying that the add-ons were added.  I checked now & they have indeed been added.  So to PM, thank you very much!!! 🙂

I guess the issues were fixed for users going forward & now PM is trying to fix for earlier users that were affected by possibly a bug?  Or are users still not getting their bonuses instantly as of now?

Cando1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have not received the more is merrier offer. I have not blocked PM. How do I go about requesting this offer?

bluejaywpg

@narindhanoa17 wrote:

I did not receive this text message as of yet (Dec 8). How can I get someone from customer service to send me this text?

As per the original post, the text will be sent between Dec. 1-15.  Just keep waiting & if still nothing after Dec. 15, contact customer service.  I just got mine a few minutes ago.

narindhanoa17

I did not receive this text message as of yet (Dec 8). How can I get someone from customer service to send me this text?

@Korth wrote:

@rossputin wrote:

It's a shame you can't block users here.

You can block users here. That is, you can't block them from making posts, you can block their posts from appearing on your screen (when you're logged in). Just click on the offending user profile and click "Ignore".

⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️

That at does not work. 

@rpoolecrsp wrote:

It's a regular landline that's failing as soon as I dial. 

just to confirm ,  you saw the LD already added to your My Account and

you dialed  011 - 44 - Area Code - Land Phone Number   ??

yoggee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I got my offer text on Dec 4th. Replied YES immediately and nothing happened. Tried a YES on Sunday, nothing. Today, decided to play YES again, and the bonus text reply instantly came and bonus added to account.

rpoolecrsp

It's a regular landline that's failing as soon as I dial. 

HI@rpoolecrsp   is that a regular landline or mobile number in UK? or is that one of those toll free numbers ?

rpoolecrsp

Didn't work! But, thanks for trying!

@rpoolecrsp   try reboot your phone once.  

rpoolecrsp

While I did receive the rewards and they're listed on my self serve page, I cannot dial the UK as I don't have minutes available! Please advise. 

@computergeek541 

Putting another member on the ignore in private messaging is very effective though isn't it? Whether on purpose or by accident....eh?🤔

@Korth wrote:

@rossputin wrote:

It's a shame you can't block users here.

You can block users here. That is, you can't block them from making posts, you can block their posts from appearing on your screen (when you're logged in). Just click on the offending user profile and click "Ignore".

This isn't accurate. There isn't any way to block yourself from seeing a member's posts other than to not look at those posts.  The ignore option only blocks private messages from the specified member.

@wewebb15 wrote:

How do I get this if I can't send the YES reply because I'm in the US?

Have you tried anyway? Others here have reported even without a roaming add-on, they were still able to send/receive texts from 611 and 4911. Especially as of today where the 4911 shortcode seems to actually be responding now.

@durraniu wrote:

My android phone was not receiving text messages yesterday. I suspect that I got PM's message yesterday as my wife did. But I did not receive it. After clearing the messages app cache, I can now receive the text messages. Is there any way I can get PM's message again so that I reply YES?

Just send "YES" to 4911, thats the shortcode the original message comes from.

wewebb15

How do I get this if I can't send the YES reply because I'm in the US?

durraniu

This is great. Thank you!

My android phone was not receiving text messages yesterday. I suspect that I got PM's message yesterday as my wife did. But I did not receive it. After clearing the messages app cache, I can now receive the text messages. Is there any way I can get PM's message again so that I reply YES?

@Nezgar wrote:

Hey all, since I (finally) got a text response from 4911 last night and the rewards were added to my account, I also noticed this morning now if I test sending "HELP" to 4911 I immediately get a "delivered" status, and reply with this text:

"Public Mobile: You've entered an invalid response. No changes have been made to your account. Don't worry, you haven't been charged for this attempt.

Reply with a valid keyword to try again."

So I'm curious if others who are still waiting can test sending another "YES" or "HELP" to 4911 and see if you have similar results, vs the former radio silence from 4911...

@Nezgar 

I text Yes again this morning and it worked on one of my lines.  Live in Alberta.  Tried a 2nd time and got a warning text back:

Public Mobile: Looks like you've reached the maximum number of purchases allowed, so no changes have been made to your account. Don't worry, you haven't been charged for this attempt.

Will try the same text on my other lines later.  Hopefully, the issues is being resolved.  For those who responded Yes, but did not receive response or add ons, I would suggest re-texting Yes maybe 1-2/day for the next few days and it should work soon.

xfx12

No, when you stop and think about it, something else comes to mind: it was supposed to be instantly applied, and it wasn't.  If you phone customer support, they could fix it instantly, but we don't have that option.  Instead, we have to wait hours for the people who read our help message to fix the issue.

Although I appreciate the gift, Public Mobile is the worst program supplier in the history of Canada, and probably the top 10 worst in the world.

barndoor

When you stop and think about it  ... if you leave your account info and what the issue is in a pm to a CSR... you should not even need a response  ,they should be able to just go ahead and fix it . In this particular  scenario .. I agree  that online customer service should have an advantage over a phone in service.

barndoor

@Nezgar wrote:

So I'm curious if others who are still waiting can test sending another "YES" or "HELP" to 4911 and see if you have similar results, vs the former radio silence from 4911...

Is this a wise time to be running tests on a system that seems to have limited capacity ? 

Hey all, since I (finally) got a text response from 4911 last night and the rewards were added to my account, I also noticed this morning now if I test sending "HELP" to 4911 I immediately get a "delivered" status, and reply with this text:

"Public Mobile: You've entered an invalid response. No changes have been made to your account. Don't worry, you haven't been charged for this attempt.

Reply with a valid keyword to try again."

sunflowergarden

Do what I did to fix it. Contact a customer support agent . They will fix it.  Click on chat bubble in the lower right corner. Type in customer service and it will open a link to send a message to the support team.

@JeffH Sometimes it can take a week to two weeks.  If you still haven't received it by Dec 15th the submit a ticket to a CSA

JeffH

So I replied to the text with ‘YES’ about a week ago and still haven’t received the 2GB of data OR the 590 mins?

The description says it will be applied instantly but it’s not there…

How do I get this rectified??

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Maybe they'll give us all a tiny bonus for all the frustration, either way, it's a great gift as usual, but surprises are extra special 😉

xfx12

I tried again and it worked.  Happy holidays all.

xfx12

I replied YES, and didn't receive anything.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rossputin : ?? If come Jan 1 and eligible customers have not received the gifts by whatever methods provided then there would be something to complain about. I'd be there right with them on the ramparts ready to storm the gates due to the unfairness of hearing many others getting them.

Patience.

Need Help? Let's chat.