Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Update] More is Merrier is back!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

[Update]

Thank you for your patience. We’ve received a lot more excitement than expected.

If you have responded “YES” and are waiting for your offers - hang tight, your gifts are on it’s way. Remember, you have until December 31, 2021 to redeem your holiday offers. 

Jade_S_1-1638369480710.png

Hey Community,

The season of giving has arrived and we’ve got some amazing things to give🎄.

Our holiday rewards are back and we’re giving away free data, free international long distance minutes and more, available until December 31st, 11:59PM EST

This holiday season we’re excited to share some awesome rewards:

• Connect more with 2GB of free data
  • Chat more with 500 free international minutes
  • Share more by referring a friend and receive a bonus one-time $30 credit

I’m an existing customer; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

1. Between December 1st - 15th, we’ll send you a text message with your holiday gifts. 
  2. To redeem them, just reply “YES” and your free data and international minutes will be automatically applied to your account. 

I’m not a customer yet; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

• No problem! All you have to do is buy a SIM card and activate before December 31st.  
  • These gifts will be automatically added to your account within a week, and we’ll send you a SMS to let you know.

What else you need to know:

• Add-on offers are available for all new and existing customers from December 1st 9:00AM ET to December 31st 2021 11:59PM ET
  • Limit of one 2GB data add-on and one 500 min international calling add-on per customer. Add-ons are one-time only and will remain on your account until fully used 
  • $30 referral bonus is redeemable only once per customer. 
    • Customer must refer a friend between Dec 1-31st using their unique referral code
    • Friend must activate before Dec 31st 11:59PM EST
    • Customer will receive a $5 bill credit/month for 6 months, for a total of $30 as long as the referred friend stays with us
  • International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

For more information, about More is Merrier please click here 

Wishing you a happy and rewarding holiday season - from us, to you!

- The Public Mobile Community Team

2,096 REPLIES 2,096

I always suggest they need those banners flashing across the top  for system issues or major updates like this one...

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Here's the update community in case you missed it.....ummm....like almost all of us except @CountyDownIeUk !!

@J_PM wrote:

[Update]

Hey Community, 

We know some people are having issues, and are still waiting to redeem holiday gifts. We are looking into it as we speak. We'll return to this thread with an update when we have more info, but for now hang tight. To clarify, SMS is the way to get this offer. 

Thank you, 

- Public Mobile Team

Jade_S_1-1638369480710.png

Hey Community,

The season of giving has arrived and we’ve got some amazing things to give🎄.

Our holiday rewards are back and we’re giving away free data, free international long distance minutes and more, available until December 31st, 11:59PM EST

This holiday season we’re excited to share some awesome rewards:

• Connect more with 2GB of free data
  • Chat more with 500 free international minutes
  • Share more by referring a friend and receive a bonus one-time $30 credit

I’m an existing customer; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

1. Between December 1st - 15th, we’ll send you a text message with your holiday gifts. 
  2. To redeem them, just reply “YES” and your free data and international minutes will be automatically applied to your account. 

I’m not a customer yet; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

• No problem! All you have to do is buy a SIM card and activate before December 31st.  
  • These gifts will be automatically added to your account within a week, and we’ll send you a SMS to let you know.

What else you need to know:

• Add-on offers are available for all new and existing customers from December 1st 9:00AM ET to December 31st 2021 11:59PM ET
  • Limit of one 2GB data add-on and one 500 min international calling add-on per customer. Add-ons are one-time only and will remain on your account until fully used 
  • $30 referral bonus is redeemable only once per customer. 
    • Customer must refer a friend between Dec 1-31st using their unique referral code
    • Friend must activate before Dec 31st 11:59PM EST
    • Customer will receive a $5 bill credit/month for 6 months, for a total of $30 as long as the referred friend stays with us
  • International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

For more information, about More is Merrier please click here 

Wishing you a happy and rewarding holiday season - from us, to you!

- The Public Mobile Community Team

@jwaal wrote:

The science teacher in me wanted to experiment. Gave it a shot and didn't get a response back from 4911.

@jwaal 

no wonder there are lab incidents here and there.. LoL.. just joking

but... if you didn't  get that message back saying you are not eligible.. maybe it's not bad.. maybe you are the one that proved us the world is not flat.. LOL.. 

ppopps
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Not an I-Phone.  Chinese Realme 6 Pro.  Excellent budget unit.

Just a line to enter yes.  Delayed response was "failed".  It's okay: I expect acceptance over the next couple of days.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@sunflowergarden wrote:

I finally broke down and emailed customer service. Here is their response. Hope the info can help others who are still waiting for the bonuses.

"I would like to mention the promotion has been added to your account, also I would like to confirm we received an update and we can submit a request to add the code manually if our customers send us a screenshot of the SMS that they received, but if they deleted the SMS, we will have an option for our customers that deleted the SMS, you will be able to get the add ons between Dec 7th/8th through your self-serve account in that way you will not miss the promotion., this one we just need to wait."

Unless something has changed, the add-ons will not be available to add in the self serve account on that date. @J_PM , none of this has changed, correct?

@computergeek541  @softech 

81E0919C-8242-4678-9D7B-EB1EB181FB18.gif

Notice  thread  update?

90C0759B-A83F-45AF-BD47-9339CAFB2CC0.png

@ppopps wrote:

Replied to 4911 with Yes and failed to send: on data and not WiFi.  Tried twice more with same "failed" response

@ppopps 

Text to respond does NOT need wifi or data. I assume you have an iPhone. Your response should have been YES in a green bubble. If not your message settings could need some updates. If you have an iPhone....what model? Is MMS on?

0AA29C53-FBE3-404F-973E-BC9B19482516.jpeg

@sunflowergarden wrote:

I finally broke down and emailed customer service. Here is their response. Hope the info can help others who are still waiting for the bonuses.

"I would like to mention the promotion has been added to your account, also I would like to confirm we received an update and we can submit a request to add the code manually if our customers send us a screenshot of the SMS that they received, but if they deleted the SMS, we will have an option for our customers that deleted the SMS, you will be able to get the add ons between Dec 7th/8th through your self-serve account in that way you will not miss the promotion., this one we just need to wait."

Unless something has changed, the add-ons will not be available to add in the self serve account on that date. @J_PM , none of this has changed, correct?

sunflowergarden
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LFollows 

for existing customer; how redeem holiday gifts,

for more info visit here link,

by public mobile manager say

If customers do not receive their SMS offer by mid-month or are unable to redeem because of a specific situation, our agents can help with next steps. However, I would strongly advise customers to wait until mid-December and return if they are still unable to redeem through SMS.

Re: More is Merrier is back! Community (publicmobile.ca)

for now you have to be patience until mid-December then you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

Spoiler

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,and Submit a Ticket,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link,to get started. Type,, Ticket ,, Click ,, Contact Us ,, Select your issue ,,
    Click here to submit a ticket↗↗.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • account 4 digit pin,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: For public mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

jwaal

@softech wrote:

@jwaal wrote:

I haven't received the offer yet so there's a side of me that's tempted to try texting "YES" to 4911 to see what happens. 😈 

@jwaal   You will just scare yourself.  If you just sent to 4911 before they send you the message, you will get a reply saying "Looks like you're not eligible for this offer". 

The science teacher in me wanted to experiment. Gave it a shot and didn't get a response back from 4911.

@LFollows wrote:

I got the text but was busy with work and thought it was my monthly notification that payment had been made so I deleted the text that I needed to reply YES to in order to have the Holiday Rewards applied to my account.

My daughter says she didn't receive a text at all for the Holiday Rewards.

Last year we were able to put in our phone number on the website and add the Holiday Rewards through the website.  Can we do that again or can the text messages be resent?

The "yes" response can be sent by text mesage to 4911. You don't need the text message that was deleted and originally sent by Public Mobile (but it does need to have been previously sent to that phone number).

@LFollows 

I might recommend waiting until December 15, then contact the CSA's as follows

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select contact Customer Support Agent, then select other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

LFollows

I got the text but was busy with work and thought it was my monthly notification that payment had been made so I deleted the text that I needed to reply YES to in order to have the Holiday Rewards applied to my account.

My daughter says she didn't receive a text at all for the Holiday Rewards.

Last year we were able to put in our phone number on the website and add the Holiday Rewards through the website.  Can we do that again or can the text messages be resent?

ppopps

Replied to 4911 with Yes and failed to send: on data and not WiFi.  Tried twice more with same "failed" response

jwaal

Thanks. I didn't read through the message and didn't see the code.

rossputin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Boo-urns.

Ivanova

Ok thanks! Will do. 🙃

@jwaal   Understand that you are excited, but you need to remove your Unique code... it is very unique and cannot be posted on the Community  🙂

rossputin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

That's it!  We're picketing!!  Who's with me!?

via GIPHY

#@U&!!  Can't embed gifs?

jwaal

Pfft!

I got all excited as I received a text from PM. But it said:

Public Mobile here. Sharing is caring, so why not tell a friend about our services? You'll save $1 every 30 days for each friend referral, as long as they stay with us. Plus, your friend will receive a one-time credit of $10. Use your unique code: xxxxxxxxxx & share today. For more info visit https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/get-help/articles/the-refer-a-friend-reward.

🙄

edited by computergeek541: referral code removed

hawkgt

I would wait as I just received mine.It you don't get it after the 15th then I would contact PM

@Ivanova wrote:

It is December 6 and still no text received to reply YES to. Should I be concerned or just be more patient?

@Ivanova   Be patient... 😊  PM has said the texts could arrive between Dec. 1st and 15th.

jpxo

The ones from last year are the 500-min bonus under Talk Add-ons. This year's promo is the new one showing up under Voice Minutes. Taking screenshots before the promotion started was a really good idea, with how they aren't labelled very descriptively.

Ivanova

It is December 6 and still no text received to reply YES to. Should I be concerned or just be more patient?

@jwaal wrote:

I haven't received the offer yet so there's a side of me that's tempted to try texting "YES" to 4911 to see what happens. 😈 

@jwaal   You will just scare yourself.  If you just sent to 4911 before they send you the message, you will get a reply saying "Looks like you're not eligible for this offer". 

hawkgt

Got mine today.As quickly as I replied YES it was applied to my account.

Thanks Public Mobile and Merry Christmas to All

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@jwaal wrote:

I haven't received the offer yet so there's a side of me that's tempted to try texting "YES" to 4911 to see what happens. 😈 Of course there's the other side that also wonders if this will stop the original offer from being sent to me. 🤔

@jwaal    Lol...I don't think it'll make a difference and you should still eventually receive the text from PM, the announcement says they're sending them out between Dec. 1st and 15th.

jwaal

I haven't received the offer yet so there's a side of me that's tempted to try texting "YES" to 4911 to see what happens. 😈 Of course there's the other side that also wonders if this will stop the original offer from being sent to me. 🤔

@computergeek541 wrote:

I don't have informaiton if any changes have been made, but I can tell you with certainty that the process is or has been fully automated.  The speed in which add-ons have come would haven't given someone at Public Mobile any time to manually process the requests. We're talking about a time less than the amount of time that it takes to realize that "yes" has been fully sent (sometimes a split second).  This is true even for a set of add-ons that I received yesterday.

True, for those who got it instantly.. it does look like it is automated.  Just curious why there are so many that took up to 2 days.

I guess the process need to be examined and tested again, a Mid-Summer Bonus in 6 months would be an ideal time for another Full system test  🙂

@softech wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@jpxo wrote:

Got the text yesterday, got the confirmation text immediately, rewards showed up ~28hrs later. Thanks for the gift, PM!

I do find it curious that this year's minutes show up under "Voice Minutes" and not under "Talk Add-ons" with the previous promotions, but I'm not particularly worried.

Screenshot 2021-12-06 at 16-27-46 Public Mobile - Data Add-On Usage.png

@jpxo   Oh that is indeed interesting...will have to check my account now.  😊  Just to clarify those minutes aren't from last year's holiday gifts?  They were also 500 LD mins.

Mine shows the same.. but I said LD Bonus... So, I wouldn't worry too much

@softech    Good to know...but @jpxo  is correct that is different placement for the LD mins.  I don't have this year's  holiday gifts yet, so nothing new to see, but yeah as long as they appear somewhere on the account, it's all good.. 😊

Need Help? Let's chat.