Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Update] More is Merrier is back!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

[Update]

Thank you for your patience. We’ve received a lot more excitement than expected.

If you have responded “YES” and are waiting for your offers - hang tight, your gifts are on it’s way. Remember, you have until December 31, 2021 to redeem your holiday offers. 

Jade_S_1-1638369480710.png

Hey Community,

The season of giving has arrived and we’ve got some amazing things to give🎄.

Our holiday rewards are back and we’re giving away free data, free international long distance minutes and more, available until December 31st, 11:59PM EST

This holiday season we’re excited to share some awesome rewards:

• Connect more with 2GB of free data
  • Chat more with 500 free international minutes
  • Share more by referring a friend and receive a bonus one-time $30 credit

I’m an existing customer; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

1. Between December 1st - 15th, we’ll send you a text message with your holiday gifts. 
  2. To redeem them, just reply “YES” and your free data and international minutes will be automatically applied to your account. 

I’m not a customer yet; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

• No problem! All you have to do is buy a SIM card and activate before December 31st.  
  • These gifts will be automatically added to your account within a week, and we’ll send you a SMS to let you know.

What else you need to know:

• Add-on offers are available for all new and existing customers from December 1st 9:00AM ET to December 31st 2021 11:59PM ET
  • Limit of one 2GB data add-on and one 500 min international calling add-on per customer. Add-ons are one-time only and will remain on your account until fully used 
  • $30 referral bonus is redeemable only once per customer. 
    • Customer must refer a friend between Dec 1-31st using their unique referral code
    • Friend must activate before Dec 31st 11:59PM EST
    • Customer will receive a $5 bill credit/month for 6 months, for a total of $30 as long as the referred friend stays with us
  • International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

For more information, about More is Merrier please click here 

Wishing you a happy and rewarding holiday season - from us, to you!

- The Public Mobile Community Team

2,096 REPLIES 2,096

@softech wrote:

@J_PM   is the process after replying YES an automated process or manual process?

I don't have informaiton if any changes have been made, but I can tell you with certainty that the process is or has been fully automated.  The speed in which add-ons have come would haven't given someone at Public Mobile any time to manually process the requests. We're talking about a time less than the amount of time that it takes to realize that "yes" has been fully sent (sometimes a split second).  This is true even for a set of add-ons that I received yesterday.

@dabr wrote:

@jpxo wrote:

Got the text yesterday, got the confirmation text immediately, rewards showed up ~28hrs later. Thanks for the gift, PM!

I do find it curious that this year's minutes show up under "Voice Minutes" and not under "Talk Add-ons" with the previous promotions, but I'm not particularly worried.

Screenshot 2021-12-06 at 16-27-46 Public Mobile - Data Add-On Usage.png

@jpxo   Oh that is indeed interesting...will have to check my account now.  😊  Just to clarify those minutes aren't from last year's holiday gifts?  They were also 500 LD mins.

Mine shows the same.. but I said LD Bonus... So, I wouldn't worry too much

@jwaal wrote:

@Quest4less 

Try replying with "YES" (all capitals) to see if you get the same error message.

I know that's a suggestion because "Yes" didn't work in this case, but I've been doing some experiments and can say that all combinations of upper and lower cases while typinig in the word "yes" are fully recognized as valid.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@jpxo wrote:

Got the text yesterday, got the confirmation text immediately, rewards showed up ~28hrs later. Thanks for the gift, PM!

I do find it curious that this year's minutes show up under "Voice Minutes" and not under "Talk Add-ons" with the previous promotions, but I'm not particularly worried.

@jpxo   Oh that is indeed interesting...will have to check my account now.  😊  Just to clarify those minutes aren't from last year's holiday gifts?  They were also 500 LD mins.

jpxo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Quest4less
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I got a clear and undeniable try again error!!!

@darlicious  I am surprise I am on the good list.. I got the message.. replied and got it pretty much immediately (in fact, I though i am on the naughty list and I didn't even try to check Self-Serve the first day I replied)

rossputin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I think it's because it states it will be added instantly. And with no confirmation nor the appearance of it people get concerned.

Quest4less

did that same error!!  

barndoor

If nothing else this thread needs to get full marks for entertainment value .  😀

@softech 

Man.....so many customers want to open their Christmas presents early! I like the anticipation of when they are going to appear. Rattling my account to see if I can figure out if they are in there yet. Taking a peek once a day hoping.....are they there yet? Are they there yet? Nope...maybe tomorrow? Maybe next week? I'm pretty sure I've been a good girl most of the year.....ok maybe a little naughty. 

Alright...maybe Santa is making me wait til Christmas Eve so I don't get all greedy and use them up before Christmas morning and then all that will be left under the tree for me is a stick with a nail it! That'll be a good head scratcher now won't it?!!🎁🎄🤔

jwaal

@Quest4less 

Try replying with "YES" (all capitals) to see if you get the same error message.

Quest4less

not understanding your statement.... rebooting no change.....

screen shots below in reverse order.  thank you for your quick replies!!!Screenshot_20211206 Holiday Give Away Responce.pngScreenshot_20211206 Holiday Give Away.png

@softech wrote:

Honest, I am surprise Jade gave the little tips to resent YES.  I assume the bonus are added manually by are CS Agents, more Text would likely caused more work downstream, I assume.

@softech   Perhaps it has worked for some?   Hopefully, someone had success with it, but nothing lost by replying again anyhow...  😊

Honest, I am surprise Jade gave the little tips to resent YES.  I assume the bonus are added manually by are CS Agents, more Text would likely caused more work downstream, I assume.

@Sandraseason2 wrote:

I have replied YES 3 times and it's not working.

The first time I replied Yes then the second all caps YES. 

Would this make a difference?

Also do I need my data turned on?

@Sandraseason2     Yeah, replying more than once makes no difference.   I've also done that after seeing @J_PM  suggestion and the gifts still have not been added to the account which received the text 4 days ago or the other accounts which received the texts more than 48 hours ago.  

Luckily, I'm not in any rush to receive them as I have enough data/mins on the account, but for others that may not be the case but nothing to do right now except be patient and they will eventually be added to your account unless you don't  receive them by the 15th and then will need to contact customer support to manually add the gifts.

Data only needs to be on for sending or receiving MMS (picture messages) and isn't necessary for this offer.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hTideGnow: It's a reply _back_ from 4911.

Quest4less

4911   Hopefully not phishing!!  rebooting...stand by

@Quest4less 

what is the short code number you got the message from?

Reboot and try again.

If still fails, send us a screenshot, just want to confirm you got the correct text

Quest4less

I replied "YES"   I got a " You've entered an invalid response no changes will be made to your account. Reply with a valid keyword to try again"    

what's going on here now?

thanks

@sunflowershine wrote:

It is a season of waiting!

🙂

The Patience Game

Sandraseason2

Okay, thank-you. I will wait I replied yes on Sunday. 

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Hummyleung I haven't received too. PM will honor the bonus for sure. I haven't used up the Christmas bonus from previous two years... It is a season of waiting!

dude65

no, its just a text....but you can have it on. View your PM account on a computer to see if you got it

@Sandraseason2   No, regular SMS reply does not need Data

No difference to your reply.  Just need to wait. Some people got it instantly, some 24 hours and some ever 48 hours.  If you still not see it on your My Account by Dec 15, then you can open a ticket to PM for investigation.  But for now, just wait

Sandraseason2

I have replied YES 3 times and it's not working.

The first time I replied Yes then the second all caps YES. 

Would this make a difference?

Also do I need my data turned on?

Sandraseason2

I replied YES 3 times and have not received the gift???????

Assistance is appreciated?

the first time I replied it was Yes and the second was all capitals YES would this make a difference? and do I have to have data turned on to reply 

dude65

I replied this morning ("Yes") and within a min it was added to my account. Just wait, you will get it. 

@Brenda19641 wrote:

How long does it take to add the free holiday promo after replying YES

@Brenda19641   Someone got it instantly, others need to wait 24 hours and even 48 hours.  

dude65

I only saw the text this morning, but it was send on sunday. I replied "Yes" and within a min it was added to my account. Thankyou Public Mobile for the gift.

Need Help? Let's chat.