Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Update] More is Merrier is back!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

[Update]

Thank you for your patience. We’ve received a lot more excitement than expected.

If you have responded “YES” and are waiting for your offers - hang tight, your gifts are on it’s way. Remember, you have until December 31, 2021 to redeem your holiday offers. 

Jade_S_1-1638369480710.png

Hey Community,

The season of giving has arrived and we’ve got some amazing things to give🎄.

Our holiday rewards are back and we’re giving away free data, free international long distance minutes and more, available until December 31st, 11:59PM EST

This holiday season we’re excited to share some awesome rewards:

• Connect more with 2GB of free data
  • Chat more with 500 free international minutes
  • Share more by referring a friend and receive a bonus one-time $30 credit

I’m an existing customer; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

1. Between December 1st - 15th, we’ll send you a text message with your holiday gifts. 
  2. To redeem them, just reply “YES” and your free data and international minutes will be automatically applied to your account. 

I’m not a customer yet; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

• No problem! All you have to do is buy a SIM card and activate before December 31st.  
  • These gifts will be automatically added to your account within a week, and we’ll send you a SMS to let you know.

What else you need to know:

• Add-on offers are available for all new and existing customers from December 1st 9:00AM ET to December 31st 2021 11:59PM ET
  • Limit of one 2GB data add-on and one 500 min international calling add-on per customer. Add-ons are one-time only and will remain on your account until fully used 
  • $30 referral bonus is redeemable only once per customer. 
    • Customer must refer a friend between Dec 1-31st using their unique referral code
    • Friend must activate before Dec 31st 11:59PM EST
    • Customer will receive a $5 bill credit/month for 6 months, for a total of $30 as long as the referred friend stays with us
  • International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

For more information, about More is Merrier please click here 

Wishing you a happy and rewarding holiday season - from us, to you!

- The Public Mobile Community Team

2,096 REPLIES 2,096

Lehaha
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I agree with this way too 

Lehaha

Thanks 

@ottawa wrote:

I assume the previous "go to our site and 'buy' a specific $0 add-on" was too challenging for a lot of customers. Either because it was complicated, or because their only device was a smartphone and PM's site is woefully inadequate for mobile viewing. So "just reply to the text" is going to be easier for 99% of the customers (including my referrees discussed upthread, if they were on PM network in December, and including me for that matter, as all those friends I had to talk through the old method should need no handholding other than being assured to reply to the text).

Koodos [ 😉 ] to PM for finding as always an alternative method for some customers who aren't able to use their method.

Agree... plus most users don't check My Account often and missed the deal.

I think SMS is a good move.  

and for those who cannot reply for whatever reason, Jade already mentioned .. Messaging CS Agent and they will gladly help

Lehaha

That’s right 

Lehaha

My friend is on $15, but he already got gifts without any problems 

@ottawa wrote:

I assume the previous "go to our site and 'buy' a specific $0 add-on" was too challenging for a lot of customers. Either because it was complicated, or because their only device was a smartphone and PM's site is woefully inadequate for mobile viewing. So "just reply to the text" is going to be easier for 99% of the customers (including my referrees discussed upthread, if they were on PM network in December, and including me for that matter, as all those friends I had to talk through the old method should need no handholding other than being assured to reply to the text).

Koodos [ 😉 ] to PM for finding as always an alternative method for some customers who aren't able to use their method.

“Some” may have found the directions difficult to understand or to actually do. But I still feel the text option will allow PM to give MORE than in other years as customers would only l know about the offer if they came to the Community. And the My Account, more than usual logins may have slowed down the system for new activations. Either way is not perfect. 

@Anonymous wrote:

@CountyDownIeUk: We all like a good ol' DIY solution but they all cost money in this case.

It you are in a precarious position of not having your SIM available or be in Canada then if there is a no cost way to achieve receiving More the Merrier then by means, do so. I was only suggesting other ways that you could do yourself. It really seems to me that are very tight with money😀, similar to a Virgo. ️ And nothing wrong with that. And my options still showed a gain....but not the full gain😀.  Perhaps there should have been two options to collect and I do believe that PM saw a better option to give MORE to help retention but did not think out the “what ifs”. And the prepaid group may have different “what ifs”.  

ottawa

murpharator
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

the deal is for december only right ?

@AlvinW wrote:

@CountyDownIeUk 

@Anonymous 

@darlicious 

Thanks all for your efforts here!

Just hope PM will open up an option like previous years, we can add those holiday rewards for $0 under plan add on; or someone from PM can apply those rewards to my account. 

Thank you very much!

You are welcome. As usual the members here can forecast the issues....and did with this new method to collect. While PM may have seen a better option to give them to MORE customers to improve retention (as many in the past had no idea of the offer as it was discovered here only) they have now hit some roadblocks with the texting option which will definitely lead to some bitterness if you cannot receive them vs last year that some would have no bitterness because they were not aware of the offer. But I agree....the old way was, in a way, much better because it was easier for most to access their My Account vs their SIM card. 

ottawa

The Add-On is always tapped only after your monthly allotment is exhausted. So the 250MB first, then the Add-On.

@J_PM  Thanks for clarifying!!!

If customers do not receive their SMS offer by mid-month or are unable to redeem because of a specific situation, our agents can help with next steps. However, I would strongly advise customers to wait until mid-December and return if they are still unable to redeem through SMS.

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

@AlvinW 

We will be deploying SMS notifications through until next week. For customers who have not received the SMS offer as of yet. 

I would advise you to reach out to a CSA, letting them know you will not be in country until the New Year. 

Thanks, 

Jade

@Edsport wrote:

Hi, i shut down my phone at night time and i didn't get a text about free gifts. I'm wondering if you can send the text again?

@Edsport   no worry, not everyone getting it at the same time.  PM is breaking it into batches.  Just wait, you will get yours before Dec 15

and you won't miss any text  because you turn off the phone at night.  All SMS  text will retry for 5 days before it gives up

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Edsport : Text messages will queue up for several days. You just haven't received it yet...like many others still.

Edsport

Hi, i shut down my phone at night time and i didn't get a text about free gifts. I'm wondering if you can send the text again?

You will receive a confirmation. When add-ons have successfully been added. 

Cherplyn0206
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I guess I have to wait.

@Cherplyn0206  This is applicable for all plans, and for new and existing customers. 

That seems to be the case....my m-i-l activated in late September. She got the text yesterday very shortly before I reported the short code. She replied YES about 10 minutes after that. She had not recieved the holiday gifts yet as of midnight pacific.

@darlicious   I saw in your other reply that the invite SMS is going backward in term of join date?

@adil-5aar 

Patience is a virtue. Do you know what Santa does to boys and girls who try to open their gifts early? You joined in 2018....I joined in 2019.... @Kered13  joined in 2020. We haven't gotten the text yet. You have a while to wait.

@bigscottydawg  Some members reported that it was fast yesterday but it certainly looks like it lagged a bit from the response this morning.  Let's wait for the full 24 or 48 hours and see.  Keep checking.

And once you see it, kindly report back so we know how long is the "lineup"  🙂

bigscottydawg

I got my text yesterday midday and replied right away and still don't have the add ons???

adil-5aar

Didn't got the text yet ..just send yes by my self ...i have to wait then thanks 

Yes, I have a friend who replied and took him couple hours to see it on My Account.  Not sure if it was a manual work on the PM side after you replied YES

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If you dont see it in your account (including add-on) till dec 15th, open a ticket with support to get it manually applied to your account.

Need Help? Let's chat.