cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Update] Black Friday deals are here! Don’t miss out - 2GB recurring data bonus*

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

Starting November 16 to December 1 at 11:59PM EST, new customers can get one month of free service on any plan, plus 2GB of monthly bonus data for free and 50% off SIM card, when they activate on plans $35 or higher with promo code 2GBBONUS

This offer is available to new customers who activate online only. Rules and conditions apply.

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here
  2. Receive the promo code via email 
  3. Activate on any plan $35 or higher online by December 17 using the promo code:2GBBONUS to redeem this offer.

Offer Details:

• Activate on any plan $35 or more using the promo code by December 17 and get a free 2GB recurring data bonus, plus one month of free service on any plan.
  • Offer available to new customers who activate online.
  • 2GB recurring data bonus will be applied to activations on $35, $40, $50 and $60 rate plans with the use of the promo code. Offer excludes $15 and $25 rate plans. Bonus data will expire if the account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. 
  • Please note it may take up to 2 business days for bonus data to be applied. 
  • This promotion is not stackable with other in-market offers.

This offer is subject to change without notice.

How to Activate:

1. If you need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate online.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

149 REPLIES 149

barndoor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@darlicious wrote:

@barndoor 

Except the promotion does not apply on the $15 or $25 plans.

@darlicious    ...Marketing people at the front desk says the free month does apply .   Just like it says in the advert .

That exception is  for the 2g bonus .  

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@hTideGnow wrote:

@XionBunny wrote:

@Kristowhy wrote:

Whoa....check out the Cyber Monday sale!!  🤣🤣

PS:  Free bonus SIM cards still working!

Kristowhy_0-1638231018242.png

As they say at public mobile "if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

hTideGnow_0-1633635323375.png

That is the most perfect use of that meme I've seen to date, you deserve that bravo.

@XionBunny wrote:

@Kristowhy wrote:

hTideGnow_0-1633635323375.png

@Kristowhy 

Your friend would still qualify for the free month credit. I suggest they speak with the owner to see if they can get the activation bundle unactivated sim card shipped free via Canada post before activating. I recommend the $50 plan for activation and then scheduling a change plan on next renewal to the $15 plan.

Get FREE SIM Card with each Activation Plan

2. Get $10 with Yours / Ours  Referral Code XXXXXX? (referral code removed) 

3. Get 20%OFF on 1st Month Service (All Plans)

4. Get 10%OFF on Top up with New Activations - (Limited Stock)

5. Extra Savings with Current Offers

Choose 1 of 5 option to activate SIM card

1. Pickup from Mississauga Only

2. Choose Local Delivery (One-Day)  $5  GTA + 25 Neighbourhood cities included

3. Choose Xpress Shipping  1-5 days - Anywhere in Canada

4. Submit Activation Form (SIM card with a Saving Plan Order Not yet Activated)

5. Order a Saving Plan if you have received an Exclusive Offer Flyer with your SIM Order

Offer 1

23 Nov  to 30 Nov 2021 - 3rd Month FREE

Offer 2

15 Nov to 29 Nov 2021 - 5GB Data (One Time) for plan $25

Offer 3

16 Nov to 30 Nov 2021 - 2GB Data/m for 6 months for plan $35 & above

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Kristowhy wrote:

Kristowhy

@darlicious wrote:

@Kristowhy 

If that's the case your friend would be better off using the CCS activation bundle with the free month credit if they can still get that deal at CCS. I will check for you. What city is your friend located in?

Don't worry about it.  They ordered SIM (incl bonus SIM) last week from PM.

Kudos to you for trying to squeeze every minute bit out of the stone! 😁

@Kristowhy 

If that's the case your friend would be better off using the CCS activation bundle with the free month credit if they can still get that deal at CCS. I will check for you. What city is your friend located in?

Kristowhy

Kristowhy

@darlicious wrote:

@Kristowhy 

Yes....the free month credit is based on the plan you activate on....there is no terms preventing you from changing plans on any upcoming renewals. The terms only affect the 2gb bonus plan data which you will lose if you change plans....up or down.

Ok, this provides more clarity and is not like Chatr which like I said prior you lose the free month credit in month 3 if you change plans from which you activated with.

In the case with my friend, 250MB apparently should be enough and the outgoing calls as well.  Let's not forget the super cheap calling and data add-on's in wihch unused amounts roll over.  $5 for 500 mins and $15 for 1GB data.  These are great additions for those on the low $15 tier, IMHO.

I'm still working through a lot of booster data add-on's with my Koodo lines..it has been slow since the included base plan amount is usually all I need!  Mobile data only used when not at home or work...and I don't stream vids or data rich content while on the road....which is usually driving.

Kristowhy

@softech wrote:

Thanks @darlicious  , i missed that.

So, I guess 3rd month is the norm now 

They probably want you to stick around and not just sign up for a month or two for next to nothing...stickiness. 😁

Thanks @darlicious  , i missed that.

So, I guess 3rd month is the norm now 

@softech 

Jade replied to the thread and confirmed its a third month credit that will be credited to your account between day 31 and day 60.

I wonder if they apply it on the 2nd month or the 3rd month.. last time they had free month promotion, they changed it to the 3rd month.. I was reading all the fine prints, it focuses so much on the 2GBBonus (still saying $70 plan instead of $60) and not much about the free month

@Kristowhy 

Yes....the free month credit is based on the plan you activate on....there is no terms preventing you from changing plans on any upcoming renewals. The terms only affect the 2gb bonus plan data which you will lose if you change plans....up or down.

@barndoor 

Except the promotion does not apply on the $15 or $25 plans. I suggested this route because the OP had switched from pm with the lure of a higher data plan from a different provider. Otherwise I would have suggested they activate on the $50 plan CCS activation bundle with a free sim card and 20% off the first month and then suggested switching to the $15 plan.

The suggestion of downgrading is solely to demonstrate the additional savings to be had by activating on a higher data plan to get the promotion and the unlimited calling (+data)so that you can call your friends and family for the first month to tell them to call you after renewal because you will free incoming calling but limited outgoing calling.

barndoor

@darlicious wrote:

$35+tax upfront+$5+tax added to account=$40+tax for the first month with the $35/3gb+2gb bonus and 4 months×$15 plan for $40+tax= averaged $8+tax per month for the first 5 months.

OR @darlicious  ... if you just want the $15 plan anyway  ...if you just ask for it right off the bat ...since the third month is free on all plans for new activations you would actually pay $7plus tax  / month for the first 5 months  would you not ? 🙄

To do it your way is only beneficial if you want the extra calling and /or data for a month. 

Kristowhy

@darlicious wrote:

@Kristowhy 

Please note the terms and conditions of this promotion:

• 2GB recurring data bonus will be applied to activations on $35, $40, $50 and $60 rate plans with the use of the promo code. Offer excludes $15 and $25 rate plans. Bonus data will expire if the account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. 

Have your friend register their email for the promotion. Make sure they activate using the same email on the $35+ plan and add the promocode 2GBBONUS. Once activated they can enjoy all of the extra data on the account. Have them schedule a change plan in the next renewal to the $25 plan or even the $15 plan (🤞we get minutes and data add on gifts around December Ist) and they can see how much actual outgoing calling or data they need. The free month credit is a third month free....so it will be added between day 31 and day 60. The credit is based on the rate plan at activation. So if they activate on the $35 plan and switch to the $15 plan for the first renewal this will be how their account is credited.

$10( bonus referral credit)+$4($2 Autopay reward+$2 pending autopay reward)=$14+$1(they add for the first renewal)=$15 - $15(1st renewal)=$0+$35(third month free credit) =$35+$2(autopay reward)=$37 - $15(2nd renewal)=$22+$2(a/p reward)=$24 - $15(3rd renewal)=$9+$2(a/p)=$11 They add $4 ($11+$4=$15) $15 - $15(4th renewal)=$0

$35+tax upfront+$5+tax added to account=$40+tax for the first month with the $35/3gb+2gb bonus and 4 months×$15 plan for $40+tax= averaged $8+tax per month for the first 5 months.

Thanks for this in depth explanation @darlicious!  What's interesting is that Chatr Wireless (Robbers) seems to have the same promos going on now with free month and 2GB bonus on $35+ plans & $5 SIM cards (dunno about the shipping costs and looks like just a single SIM).

However, I checked the Chatr fine print, and it says the free month credit is given on the 3rd month anniversary date and is nullified if you become inactive or change plans. 

I assume the PM T & C's are different so you can change plan after 1 month and still get the original activation month credit on day 60? 

@Rosguru 

With the exception of the $15 and $25 plans. Both promotions only apply to $35+ plans.

Edit:

I stand corrected by @barndoor .

Starting November 16 to December 1 at 11:59PM EST, new customers can get one month of free service on any plan, plus 2GB of monthly bonus data for free and 50% off SIM card, when they activate on plans $35 or higher with promo code 2GBBONUS

Rosguru
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I understand by the wording on this promo that for new customers ON ANY PLAN, they will get a free month service regardless of if they chose the 15 or 25 plan.  Am I wrong?????  

.. and the latest one is the never ending "flash" sale.. 2GBBonus keeps extend and extend.. 🙂

@softech 

The last one was late last year and early this year with the $50/8.5gb plan and the $35/2.5gb plans discounted by $5 per month as long as you don't change plans....not even to the newly updated versions

. but generally speaking.. i don't see PM have many impressive promotion to any province in the last year .. 

winston11
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I remember also seeing for Nova Scotia as well although that was months ago

Anonymous
Not applicable

@winston11 : That was a promotional plan for Quebec-only a while ago. Alas.

winston11

No I was talking about the $30 deal with 2.5gb data and unlimited talking+texting

Anonymous
Not applicable

@winston11 : There IS a $30 deal for their used phones. If you have an account here then use the same email address on your account during the purchasing of a phone and you'll get a $30 credit in early January.

winston11

I wish you guys had the $30 deal

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Kristowhy 

Please note the terms and conditions of this promotion:

Have your friend register their email for the promotion. Make sure they activate using the same email on the $35+ plan and add the promocode 2GBBONUS. Once activated they can enjoy all of the extra data on the account. Have them schedule a change plan in the next renewal to the $25 plan or even the $15 plan (🤞we get minutes and data add on gifts around December Ist) and they can see how much actual outgoing calling or data they need. The free month credit is a third month free....so it will be added between day 31 and day 60. The credit is based on the rate plan at activation. So if they activate on the $35 plan and switch to the $15 plan for the first renewal this will be how their account is credited.

$10( bonus referral credit)+$4($2 Autopay reward+$2 pending autopay reward)=$14+$1(they add for the first renewal)=$15 - $15(1st renewal)=$0+$35(third month free credit) =$35+$2(autopay reward)=$37 - $15(2nd renewal)=$22+$2(a/p reward)=$24 - $15(3rd renewal)=$9+$2(a/p)=$11 They add $4 ($11+$4=$15) $15 - $15(4th renewal)=$0

@PawDo 

Contact customer support and ask them to add the promocode. Click on the chat bubble at the bottom right corner of your screen and type "account related issue" and "human" and follow the prompts to submit your ticket via Simple--Simon. Keep an eye on the envelope icon at the top right corner of your screen next to your avatar for a little number to pop up indicating a reply from a CSA. Responding promptly will speed up service times.

PawDo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I missed inserting the promo code when I activated my new account. Is it too late to qualify? 

Need Help? Let's chat.