cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Update] Black Friday deals are here! Don’t miss out - 2GB recurring data bonus*

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

Starting November 16 to December 1 at 11:59PM EST, new customers can get one month of free service on any plan, plus 2GB of monthly bonus data for free and 50% off SIM card, when they activate on plans $35 or higher with promo code 2GBBONUS

This offer is available to new customers who activate online only. Rules and conditions apply.

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here
  2. Receive the promo code via email 
  3. Activate on any plan $35 or higher online by December 17 using the promo code:2GBBONUS to redeem this offer.

Offer Details:

• Activate on any plan $35 or more using the promo code by December 17 and get a free 2GB recurring data bonus, plus one month of free service on any plan.
  • Offer available to new customers who activate online.
  • 2GB recurring data bonus will be applied to activations on $35, $40, $50 and $60 rate plans with the use of the promo code. Offer excludes $15 and $25 rate plans. Bonus data will expire if the account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. 
  • Please note it may take up to 2 business days for bonus data to be applied. 
  • This promotion is not stackable with other in-market offers.

This offer is subject to change without notice.

How to Activate:

1. If you need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate online.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

149 REPLIES 149

bluejaywpg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Geez, even this thread has shifted to the 2 GB free data pack LOL.

@Coffeemonster   No worry, everyone is eligible.

Try to reply Yes again.  Some customers replied again and got it instantly the 2nd time

Coffeemonster
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the same problem , after reply “Yes” I still have not received the bonus for this year 2021 . I have been waiting for 3 days now.  I still have unused data 2 GB from last year and few minutes LD from last year.  Do I still qualify for this year program .. …?

@Dicko6811 

Try reading the first page of the More is Merrier announcement thread. Wait for the text. Get text. Reply YES. Wait some more. Get the confirmation text. Check account. Enjoy the free gifts.

Dicko6811
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi can I get a free Christmas minutes what’s going on

Dicko6811

Why I can’t get there three minutes

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@treefrog 

That's great info, thanks!  I "assumed" that the bonus data would stay on based on what we've seen and heard with how accounts are set up, but anything is possible around here, and great to hear the experience from somebody who's done it!  🙂

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@ShawnC13 

I have also suspended my account for a couple of months at a time when I had a similar promo with the same terms and conditions and it was always there when I reactivated. Until of course the promotion ended. If that helps @Steven_Edmonton with his decision.

@darlicious wrote:

@ShawnC13 

I suppose it's possible but when I had a $10 off for 6 months promo in the "my promotions" section of the overview page with same terms and conditions as well as this same 2GBBONUS promotion in a referral's account that was suspended via lost/stolen the promotion was still there when I reactivated the accounts.

I don't know what would happen if the account is suspended for nonpayment but given the autopay failures around here I would hazard a guess that it wouldn't disappear that way either.

@darlicious, fair enough but I wouldn't count on it being there as lost/stolen is different from inactive from non-payment.  I mean eventually if not taken off of lost/stolen it would then go inactive from non-payment.  I would say that is a glitch in the customer's favour and wouldn't count on it always being there.  The promotion does clearly state it would expire if the plan goes inactive.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ShawnC13 

I suppose it's possible but when I had a $10 off for 6 months promo in the "my promotions" section of the overview page with same terms and conditions as well as this same 2GBBONUS promotion in a referral's account that was suspended via lost/stolen the promotion was still there when I reactivated the accounts.

I don't know what would happen if the account is suspended for nonpayment but given the autopay failures around here I would hazard a guess that it wouldn't disappear that way either.

@darlicious, is this a glitch as it clearly states your bonus data will expire if the account becomes inactive.  To me, it sounds like once your line is in a suspended state that bonus is gone the same as if you were to change your plan.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Steven_Edmonton 

The info @t_p has given you is incorrect. The promo will still be on your account when you reactivate but make sure you pay and do that before day 89/90 once you suspend.

Note:

If you suspend via lost/stolen before midnight eastern on the night before your renewal your voicemail will remain active. However your rewards will not automatically apply so after you do resume your service via lost/stolen, pay and reactivate you will have to contact customer support and ask them to apply the rewards manually.

Edit:

Rereading your post you may have an issue with getting your third month credit as it is applied between day 31 and day 60. I will send you a private message.

@Steven_Edmonton wrote:

I understand we don't get the 2GB bonus while my account is on hold, but what will happen after I resume my service in March 2022?  Do I get the 2GB bonus back when my account goes active again?

@Steven_Edmonton 

It's said: Bonus data will expire if the account becomes inactive

expire = cease to be valid, become void, etc...

So,no, you won't get it back when you reactivate the account. Unless PM is not talking the same English I do...

What may be debatable is "becomes inactive": for how long? Immediately, a few days, few weeks..?

@Steven_Edmonton You could purchase two add-ons for $30 which would give you 2GB.  The add-on would remain in your account until it is used up.

Steven_Edmonton

I understand we don't get the 2GB bonus while my account is on hold, but what will happen after I resume my service in March 2022?  Do I get the 2GB bonus back when my account goes active again?

Kristowhy

@Steven_Edmonton wrote:

If I open a new line with Public Mobile now with the Black Friday Deal, pay only the first month (Dec 2021), skip the next two months (Jan and Feb 2022), and resume my services back on Mar 2022 going forward, will I still get to keep the 2GB promotion bonus after March 2022?

The reason I am asking is I don't need service in Jan/Feb 2022, so I don't want to pay for 2 months for nothing, but I don't want to miss out the Black Friday Deal by waiting to activate my line in March 2022.

I don't mind paying for 1 month just to activate the line, but paying 3 months ahead just to get the 2GB promotion is kinda dumb...

You will lose out on the bonus data if your account goes inactive...per the conditions of the offer on page 1:

Kristowhy_0-1638296343648.png

Steven_Edmonton

If I open a new line with Public Mobile now with the Black Friday Deal, pay only the first month (Dec 2021), skip the next two months (Jan and Feb 2022), and resume my services back on Mar 2022 going forward, will I still get to keep the 2GB promotion bonus after March 2022?

The reason I am asking is I don't need service in Jan/Feb 2022, so I don't want to pay for 2 months for nothing, but I don't want to miss out the Black Friday Deal by waiting to activate my line in March 2022.

I don't mind paying for 1 month just to activate the line, but paying 3 months ahead just to get the 2GB promotion is kinda dumb...

Kristowhy

@Webkikr wrote:

What if I'm an existing customer who'd gladly go up to the $35 plan if I got the 2GB bonus, would that count?

I don't care about the month free, but I would surely pay more for the extra little bit of data. I've been close to going over the last 3 months and I hate overages more than I do my ex-wives.

Why not add a $15/1GB mobile data add-on instead of moving up plans and paying much more over a 12 month period?  Obviously if you need multiple GB on top of your current plan an add-on won't make sence, but for lighter users, especially on the low data plans it makes the most financial cents/sence. 😁

barndoor

Hey @softech   maybe its just me but there seem to be less of the regular glitch based questions on the board lately  ....if they have actually remedied some of their  issues with all their maintenance downtime that is enough Christmas present for me .

@barndoor wrote:

Maybe that will be PM's christmas present  ..they will just open the 2g bonus data up to everyone willing to upgrade  on a  #35 + .  

haha.. this is not a Christmas present.. that is just another Christmas Promo..  LoL

Let see if any good news tomorrow (but we talked about too much.. expecting something to  happen.   Now, I have a feeling it might be a long cold winter instead.. let's hope not )

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@barndoor wrote:

Maybe that will be PM's christmas present  ..they will just open the 2g bonus data up to everyone willing to upgrade  on a  #35 + .  

I'd much prefer the data/minutes giveaway like last year.

bluejaywpg

@barndoor maybe. I'll be watching...

barndoor

bluejaywpg

@Webkikr wrote:

What if I'm an existing customer who'd gladly go up to the $35 plan if I got the 2GB bonus, would that count?

I don't care about the month free, but I would surely pay more for the extra little bit of data. I've been close to going over the last 3 months and I hate overages more than I do my ex-wives.

Nope, PM has decided that they do not wish to make more money from existing customers, so people like me continue to hold out until PM wakes up & realizes that we existing customers are also a potential gold mine, like new customers are.

I have made it crystal clear here in the past that I would be willing to upgrade my plan AND PAY MORE MONEY (I thought cell companies just loved making more money, but I'm now absolutely certain that their mandate is to make customers as angry as possible at all costs) if the right offer / deal came out. This one with the 2 GB data bonus (which is really just a $5 discount off of the $40 plan) is one that I would almost certainly upgrade to. But since PM said "no we don't want more of your money because new customers' money is worth more than existing customers' money", I continue to hold out at the lower-priced plan & pay LESS to PM.

I guess a pound of iron IS heavier than a pound of feathers. 🤣

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@J_PM 

That's some pretty good incentive to sign up for public mobile. It's also nice to see a little something for those low data users who only want the $15 or $25 plans. Way to go!!!

@Webkikr 

Well there is no such thing as overages at pm so you don't have to worry about that. But your only choice would be to go up to the $40/5gb plan. Only $5 more with the freedom to downgrade whenever you want. Or wait out a few more days and see if we get any freebie add on gifts for Xmas from pm!😃

@Webkikr wrote:

@Webkikr   Sorry, new activation only.. 

This offer is available to new customers who activate online only. Rules and conditions apply.

Webkikr
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

barndoor

LOL ... is it the three words or the comma that is significant .... the presentation here just sucks sometimes . 😁

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@barndoor 

You and the marketing people are indeed right. I missed those three words. I stand corrected.

Starting November 16 to December 1 at 11:59PM EST, new customers can get one month of free service on any plan, plus 2GB of monthly bonus data for free and 50% off SIM card, when they activate on plans $35 or higher with promo code 2GBBONUS

Edit:

Yes I see you edited your post to clarify the 2GB bonus promocode.

Need Help? Let's chat.