cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming support enhancements: We're looking for testers!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

We’re excited to let you know that the next big customer support enhancement is on its way! Using support forms and ticketing, we’re looking to make the way in which you reach out to Moderators clearer and easier in order to deliver a quicker resolution time to you. We’re happy to say we’ve been busy working away on a solution for you! 

At this point, we’d love to gather feedback from you, our amazing customers, before we put the finishing touches. To that end, we’re looking to get help from some of you-

Details on how to be a tester:

• We are looking for 10 Public Mobile customers to try out our new support forms and ticketing system and let us know what you don’t like and what you love.
  • Testing will be held the week of July 8 to 12 and the time commitment is only 30 minutes. Perfect during a lunch break, right?
  • Testing will be done online via join.me web conferencing meaning anyone across Canada can get involved.
  • Testers must be able to speak English.
  • Feedback will be collected during the session.
  • Chosen candidates will be contacted exclusively via private messaging. 

What’s in it for you:

• Customers who participate will receive a 5 GB Data Add-On within 30 days of completion. 
  • Opportunity to work directly with the Public Mobile team to help improve our support for customers like you! 

Sign up before July 3rd, 2019 by completing this link. We will contact the selected 10 testers via Private Message.

We’re sorry we can’t connect with everyone who’s expressed interest - if you aren’t selected to be a tester, we’re more than happy to collect your feedback after launch as we look to continuously improve the tool. Thanks in advance for your help and we look forward to hearing from you soon,

-Public Mobile Community Team

50 REPLIES 50

Anonymous
Not applicable

@robinbanks44 wrote:

I will do it 

This is all history now. Done and done. We await what changes might happen.

robinbanks44
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I will do it 

Roger3
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I would like to thank PM and the 10 testers participated in the testing process. End of the day, we will all benefit by a good product.

Zeke

The 5GB data add on is a great idea. PM has completely dropped the ball on offering anything to compete with the unlimited plans from the big 3. I was hoping PM would go unlimited but now I doubt it. To late. The big 3 capitalized already and Bell came out front with their 512kbps from 256.  PM doesn’t have the value they once did. There’s better deals out there now. 

@RobertQc wrote:

@Alan_K wrote:

5 GB Data Add-On 

How about along with the 200mb and 1gb add on in self serve you add an 5gb add on for us to purchase 😉 

That's a great idea @RobertQc 

$50 would look great on it:)

Bell3

I am one of the testers, and they are developing a very interesting system to address customer questions. I wish PM all the best and good luck!

XionBunny

I've done testing for other companies in the past so I'd be in to test when ever needed.

Dogbert
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Support Suggestions...

I've implemented & worked with multiple ticketing systems; here are a few pointers that I feel are important:

1. The initial contact form should be partially multiple choice with minimal areas for open ended answers.  The mulitple choice questions allow for the form to be routed to the correct support agent.  Example: Existing Customers (includes phone number) vs. New Customer

Important: Too many multiple choices will just fustrate the customer; in the early 80s one tech company had a phone selection system which was select from 1 - 20 & a second level of selections 1 - 25 (you may enter a fax number to have the selections faxed to you first).

2. not just a ticket number (a ticket number is useless to a customer)

3. the customer must be able to "click" on the ticket number and see real time updates

4. successful ticketing system have also had the follow key features:

• ticket details entered
  • shows ticket assigned to a support "name"
  • ticketing system allows the customer to add details of the issue
  • ticketing system allows the customer to cancel the ticket
  • ticketing system allows customer to sign-up for email/SMS updates
  • ticketing system allows customer to upload pictures/video (limit ~20 MB/<10 pictures)

5. ticket system allows for customer feedback after ticket closed (multiple choice works best, allows for the data to be categorized properly & can be used for internal ranking for support agents)

6. Issues are documented and become part of an accessible FAQ system for both internal & internal/external viewing.

7. Don't be afraid to change/upgrade the system as things change and things learned.

Good Luck with your new ticketing system!

Bubbly100

Seems really awesome too bad I saw this post too late, I would have loved to sign up and try to be a tester. I'm all for new features and helping. 

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

its good change, hopefully the supports will get smoother.  and faster. Smiley Happy

@kalpesh9 wrote:

Count me in, better service better community better customer loyalty

Please view the couple of messages before yours.  As mentioned, the deadline for sign up has long passed and chosen community members have already been contacted.  If you've been chosen, I would reply to the private mesaage that was sent to you by Public Mobile and follow any instructions that were provided.

kalpesh9

Count me in, better service better community better customer loyalty

Alan_K

Thanks everyone for your generous support! We've reached out to ten testers and will be kicking off testing this week. I'm sure there will be future opportunities to get involved Smiley Happy

@Ice1 wrote:

So, did they already picked up the testers? 

Nice to see improvements coming in for PM users...

The deadline to sign up for this, as mentioned in the annoucement, was July 3.  If you are interested, I'm sure that there will be future opportunities.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire
@Ice1 I believe they have picked the testers.

Ice1

So, did they already picked up the testers? 

Nice to see improvements coming in for PM users...

@kav2001c wrote:

Can you even call it participation? In some cases it is more spam than anything else imo

@Zeke wrote:

That’s a very good point when you say people participate just for the free stuff. If PM offered nothing they would get a better result. Great point!

In this particular test, we are supposed to test navigate the support enhancements.  I don't know how any inducement will make a tester perform better or worse.  If you are not interested, just move along.  

@robinbanks44 wrote:

I will do it

@robinbanks44  Gr8!!

robinbanks44

I will do it

Can you even call it participation? In some cases it is more spam than anything else imo

@Zeke wrote:

That’s a very good point when you say people participate just for the free stuff. If PM offered nothing they would get a better result. Great point!

Zeke

dna2016

That's awesome, I wish more companies will follow PM's lead and actually get their customers involved prior to launching new support tools which directly effects/impacts the customer.  Smart way to see in real time if this will actually truly help the customer.

One thing I would suggest is get more testers, I don't think 10 is enough of a sample size because usually 20-30% that take part in testing are usually just there to get whatever is free that is being offered and don't truly care about the results and the impact on customers, no real value.  Larger sample size will get you better results and feedback.  I would have suggested around 20 - 30 testers.  

Felixbthe1

Thanks,my mistake

@will13am wrote:

@Felixbthe1 wrote:

Done and done, thank you

Hey buddy, curb the enthusiasm.  There are no hero awards for post count.  No need to repeat yourself over and over again.  

@Felixbthe1 wrote:

Done and done, thank you

Hey buddy, curb the enthusiasm.  There are no hero awards for post count.  No need to repeat yourself over and over again.  

Felixbthe1

💯 percent 🙂

Felixbthe1

Felixbthe1

Done and done, thank you

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Felixbthe1 wrote:

I am a public customer and very interested, thanks

@Felixbthe1  As per the instructions in the announcement, you'll need to sign up for this using the link included at the bottom of that post.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Felixbthe1 wrote:

Lol, too funny

@Felixbthe1  Although this topic isn't that old, it is just long enough to leave some doubt which message you are replying to.  For clarity in any long thread, if your reply does not appear immediately after the message to which you're replying, it's best to quote that message or tag the author to whom you're replying.  

jclaydon2018

i don't really have the time, but more importantly I don't have the PATIENCE to be a troubleshooter *lol*

I don't really need any more data, I barely put a dent in my 4.5G/month, i just definately needed something that was over 1.5 and that was the only other option.

cheers

-James

Need Help? Let's chat.