cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oracle

Re: Upcoming Help Changes + Feedback

The whole idea here is to find a way to allow new users to get involved in the community. When they see how the bravo system works and take a look at the current leaderboards, they would freak out when they see someone crossing 1000 bravos within the past 30 days. Heck i would run away from it if i were to start over again. For this reason, i would have to agree that either disable leaderboards or show a list of top contributors (usernames) only and not the bravo count.

At the same time, add a limit to how many bravos you can give based on the status (i.e. Mayors can give out 50 per day). I have my own reasons for this which i would not like to elaborate at this time Smiley Tongue

I am not a mod. Do not send me private message with your personal info.

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

Mayor / Maire

@NDesai wrote:

The whole idea here is to find a way to allow new users to get involved in the community. When they see how the bravo system works and take a look at the current leaderboards, they would freak out when they see someone crossing 1000 bravos within the past 30 days. Heck i would run away from it if i were to start over again. For this reason, i would have to agree that either disable leaderboards or show a list of top contributors (usernames) only and not the bravo count.

At the same time, add a limit to how many bravos you can give based on the status (i.e. Mayors can give out 50 per day). I have my own reasons for this which i would not like to elaborate at this time Smiley Tongue

I don't know. When I arrived here last May I saw a group of names with incredible numbers. It didn't deter me. I saw it as something to aspire to. Putting in WAY more time than it's worth it seems I managed to get there. It doesn't take a lot of time to get the rewards. But what's wrong with recognizing those high acheivers?

I could agree not to show the Bravo count on the leaderboard. I think the leaderboard of some sort is good to keep around though.

I will wholeheartedly disagree with limiting Bravos. Seems awfully undemocratic.

Oracle

@z10user4 wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

I don't know. When I arrived here last May I saw a group of names with incredible numbers. It didn't deter me. I saw it as something to aspire to. Putting in WAY more time than it's worth it seems I managed to get there. It doesn't take a lot of time to get the rewards. But what's wrong with recognizing those high acheivers?

I could agree not to show the Bravo count on the leaderboard. I think the leaderboard of some sort is good to keep around though.

I will wholeheartedly disagree with limiting Bravos. Seems awfully undemocratic.

There already is a limit of bravos.  It used to be around 50 but was raised.  I don't think it is undemocratic.  I think of it as a budget and you only have so many in a day to give out you are going to choose wisely.  Aother forum I am on has the same thing with "Reputation" points where they are liited to the number you can give out each day.

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Mayor / Maire

@ShawnC13 wrote:

There already is a limit of bravos.  It used to be around 50 but was raised.  I don't think it is undemocratic.  I think of it as a budget and you only have so many in a day to give out you are going to choose wisely.  Aother forum I am on has the same thing with "Reputation" points where they are liited to the number you can give out each day.

Before sinking time into it maybe you know...where is that written here?

Oracle

@z10user4 wrote:

Of course the time users have on hands to spend on the community matters Smiley Happy

@z10user4 wrote: 

Again, i have my own reasons that some of you may know and would agree to, but until they think about this implementation, i will not say. 

I am not a mod. Do not send me private message with your personal info.

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

Oracle

@z10user4 wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

I have had to go to the wise longtime Oracles who have been around for a long time for that history lesson

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Mayor / Maire

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

I have had to go to the wise longtime Oracles who have been around for a long time for that history lesson

I did a quick search and I see this has been a bugbear of yours since 2016. I didn't see a mention of limits though in that quick search.

I would say that there has to be a bravo limit.  Otherwise, someone could sign up to the Community with 5 brand new accounts and on the last day of the rewards cycle, give out 100 bravos each to a certain member.  Rewards might then get paid out before anyone notices.  I realize this is an extreme example, and highly unlikely.

Oracle

@z10user4 wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

I did a quick search and I see this has been a bugbear of yours since 2016. I didn't see a mention of limits though in that quick search.

Huh?  This is the first time there has been a discussion on limits of bravos that I have partcipated in so not sure what you searched up?  Gaming of the system?  Yes we have caught a few people gaming the system with multiple accounts but if that isn't what you are referring to I don't what your search was about

Mayor / Maire

@ShawnC13 wrote:

Huh?  This is the first time there has been a discussion on limits of bravos that I have partcipated in so not sure what you searched up?  Gaming of the system?  Yes we have caught a few people gaming the system with multiple accounts but if that isn't what you are referring to I don't what your search was about

Yes. That. They ARE related after all. Isn't that *really* the intent of this limiting idea?

Gamers have been called out. Methods are in place and working. All good. No need to limit. Undemocratic.