cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oracle

Re: Upcoming Help Changes + Feedback

@RobertQc, I never said you did.  I was just in agreement with what @wetcoaster said in the paragraph I quoted.  I do have a correction for you as you said there were 8 Oracles for Dec.  That is incorrect only 6 received the badge and then 4 were announced and will get there first Oracle reward this this time.  As you know it is easy to see how many receive each level when you look at the badges for each month.

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Oracle

@6500K wrote:

I think @ShawnC13 is talking about me and my slow PS/2 ball mouse.  Smiley Tongue

Always late to the party but I like to add some info if I think it can be said in a different way.

@6500K, lol actually talking about me trying to post on my work computer when I get a chance.  I will hit post and when it finally does post it there will be 3 posts already and mine is like 2 minutes behind lol

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Mayor / Maire

Take it however you want it. If I insulted you, then I insulted every single person in the forum who got a payout badges. I used the information that is available publically and if you look everywhere on the site, Badges + Bravos. Bradges and bravos.

Bravos = Top % Badges

Top % Badges = $

You have to re-read what I wrote and understand how the more bravos everyone gets, the less money you get for them. This is about public mobiles reward payout, not about the specific users.

@wetcoasterIf you really think I was insulting you all I can tell you that I was not, if you still think I was well there is nothing more for me to say because I can't imagine being more clear.

Mayor / Maire

@wetcoaster

I don't get how RobertQc equates time to Bravos. I also don't get where he linked you to some level of time. I don't understand how that was parsed out of his words.

I don't keep track of the time I spend here actively refreshing, waiting, posting, refreshing, waiting. A lot of time I do other things leaving my desk then I come back, refresh, see what I might say wherever. Maybe nothing. Go do other things again. Sometimes I am just sitting here active. I know my profile can show time logged in but it's not accurate due to leaving the desk remaining logged in. Out and about much less time but still checking in for curiosity. Addiction remember Smiley Happy

Yes, it's why I often scratch a post because somebody else got to it and I was saying the same thing. Other times I'm thinking of a slightly different angle so I post. Or as you say, in different words to try to help the customer. But...not always. However I feel at the time.

I'm probably not saying anything helpful but there it is.

Mayor / Maire

@ShawnC13So for that specific month they can remove $80 (if there were 4 less oracles) Every month outside of that, there is a slight change like maybe 4 or 5 top 1%

17 or maybe 18 top 5% It changes a bit based on how many total contributors there were. Nothing changes in the concept.

They are probably paying much more than $1,000,000 per month (easy) and I estimate as loyalty base increases to the 5 year mark at least $7,000,000 per month between autopay and loyalty but less than $1,000 for community rewards. My point was that the more work you do on the community, the less that works nets you in rewards. If public mobile is looking for a method to get more people to participate maybe you should increase the rewards.

Oracle

@RobertQc, totally agree just you were making sure that people knew the numbers you used were easily found by clicking on badges so I wanted to make sure you used the correct numbers.  It wasn't 4 less only 2, 6 badges and rewards given out 2 ORacles retired and 4 new ones were announced so $40

Mayor / Maire

@6500K wrote:

Wanna hear something funny - I've been here regularly for the last four months or so and I've never noticed the leaderboard before today!  Now I actually know what you guys are talking about.  Isn't that crazy!?!?  I gotta get out more.

Funny. As I was unknowingly making my way up that list, someone (mimmo?) pointed out where I was. On the what now? Oh. Huh. Howdy 'bout that.

Mayor / Maire

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@RobertQc, totally agree just you were making sure that people knew the numbers you used were easily found by clicking on badges so I wanted to make sure you used the correct numbers.  It wasn't 4 less only 2, 6 badges and rewards given out 2 ORacles retired and 4 new ones were announced so $40

@ShawnC13Yes that was my oversight in the overall calculation for how much rewards PM gave for December. I only searched for anyone with a 10% and 5% badge in december and just remembered 8 oracles x $20. I shouldn't have used 8 oracles. The rewards going forward will match up to that it so I am not too worried as it gives a better representation of the current rewards system. But its good to clarify for those wishing to do the math so thanks for pointing that out.

I like to understand how things work so excel helped me keep track of the top 96 people each month, Not difficult to record how many posts, solutions, and bavos someone had received since everything is dated. Then based on a badge you know what categories those efforts fell. Each month with more data it became more and more accurate. I did that for a while but stopped a couple months ago. I am no longer curious. I get it. You either come here to help out or you don't. $10 or $15 you can't think of it as making money, otherwise you might as well shoot yourself in the face when figure out if money was the object you actually spend more money in electricity costs running your computer and having your screen and lights on than you make here.

Mayor / Maire

@RobertQc wrote:
You either come here to help out or you don't. $10 or $15 you can't think of it as making money, otherwise you might as well shoot yourself in the face when figure out if money was the object you actually spend more money in electricity costs running your computer and having your screen and lights on than you make here.

Ain't dat da troof!

I like the helping people get going. I also like the reward. The reward is a paltry nothingness compared to time spent that clearly I must like helping people more.

As always, your in-depth analyses blow over my head as I try to figure out a few bits of it. I think you hit it in an earlier post. It doesn't actually take a whole lot to get *some* reward. It takes a good bit to get the $15 and then anything over that is just unnecessary excess.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@z10user4 wrote:

Ain't dat da troof!

I like the helping people get going. I also like the reward. The reward is a paltry nothingness compared to time spent that clearly I must like helping people more.

As always, your in-depth analyses blow over my head as I try to figure out a few bits of it. I think you hit it in an earlier post. It doesn't actually take a whole lot to get *some* reward. It takes a good bit to get the $15 and then anything over that is just unnecessary excess.

This sounds like the 90/10 rule that I once heard.  90% of something takes 10% of the time to do.  The remaining 10% takes 90% of the time.

Or something like the Bugatti Veyron that broke the 400 km/h speed barrier.  The Veyron had 1000 horse power under the hood.  To get it to 300 km/h required 200 HP.  To reach the next 100 km/h required 800 HP more.

I don't know if I'm making this clear or not.  lol