Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming Help Changes + Feedback

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

We have some insider info we’d like to share with you! In the upcoming weeks, we will be launching a new and improved Get Help page. This is a result of the feedback we received during the workshop we held with some of you last year and, before the new web pages go live, we’d love to get your support once more.

Here are the ways you can get involved:

1. Sign up by Feb 7th to Test our New Get Help Pages. We are looking for 10 Public Mobile customers to check out the new web pages and let us know what you don’t like and what you love.
  • Testing will be done online meaning anyone across Canada can get involved.
  • Testers must be able to speak English.
  • We’ll be holding testing between February 12-15 and the time commitment is only 20 minutes. That’s only a coffee break, right?
  • Feedback will be collected during the session.
  • Customers who participate will receive a $10 account credit within 30 days of completion. Cha- ching.

Depending on the number of volunteers we get, we may not be able to collect feedback from everyone. If that’s the case, we’d still like to hear from you after the pages have launched. Our goal with these changes is to make it clearer, simpler and faster for you to get and give help. We look forward to your involvement before the big reveal!

1. Vote by Feb 11 on New Leaderboard Timeframe. When we started exploring how we would create a new Get Help page we also looked at the Community, a key place where you get and give help. In particular, we looked closer at our Top Bravoed Authors board, and noticed that it’s typically the same members showing up. (You know who you are, you rockstars!)

We’d also like to see more members get involved, so you can get more $$ off your plans. To our newer or less active Community members we have some questions:

1. Does the current timeframe and corresponding bravos required to get on the leaderboard seem daunting?
  2. If the time period was shorter and you saw that you were among the top members for the day or the week, do you think that would encourage you to get more involved?
  3. Do you use the leaderboard to help determine who you might want to tag in your post to help answer your question?

Now it’s voting time! With all of this in mind, we want your opinion on the most useful Leaderboard (Top Bravoed Authors) timeframe. Vote on your preferred option below, and if you have other suggestions or ideas, please post on this thread. The last day to vote will be February 11, 2019.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Public Mobile Community Team

115 REPLIES 115

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@SD08 wrote:

I like the idea of ... reset[ing] everything to zero once the calendar month passes upon which the rewards are based. 

But that is exactly how it works now, though you may not realize it. Since Community Rewards are based on a monthly review, presumaly on or very close the same date every month, the 30 day filter shows only the last 30 days. So whenever PM is reviewing the counts, they are only seeing the last 30 days. 

@pm-smayer97 I'm pretty sure it's a floating window, not tied to a reward month.  You see today plus the previous 29 days.  If you look again tomorrow, you get a different 30 days, and so on.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Setting the default time range is in My Settings/Preferences/Bravos. fyi

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

I think most are missing the point of the OP's question regarding the Leaderboard. As I understand the framing of the question, it is about which time frame would best be suited to providing Community Rewards to customers, not about which timeframe is useful for customer to view outside that context.

In that context, I think it actually might be good to have BOTH a 7 day and a 30 day time frame as a means of encouraging greater participation, as it would give users more immediate feedback when they are having an impact.

First, let me say that I do not believe there is a perfect approach or solution. For every solution, there will be pros and cons. 

That said, I think the use of only Leaderboard metric is very limited. The problem with it is that Bravos are not qualified. They give no sense of quality or usefulness to replies. The main thing they encourage is for other users to acknowledge a reply from someone but not much else.

I think the metric for rewards needs to be more multi-faceted, for example including the number of accepted answers, or something. Or maybe even forgetting Bravos altogeter (nooooo..... 😉 ) but using Accepted Answers or something else that better measures quality of answers.

Anyway, just some thoughts.

@Brooke_C can you please confirm the intent of this poll? It seems that responses are conflating 2 different issues; one being on what period should rewards be based vs what period should customer be able to see on the Leaderboard.

Reading answers seem to focus more on the second rather than the first, or are mixing the two together, making the interpretation of responses more confusing.

@SD08 wrote:

I like the idea of ... reset[ing] everything to zero once the calendar month passes upon which the rewards are based. 

But that is exactly how it works now, though you may not realize it. Since Community Rewards are based on a monthly review, presumaly on or very close the same date every month, the 30 day filter shows only the last 30 days. So whenever PM is reviewing the counts, they are only seeing the last 30 days. 

Another way to understand this is that the oldest Bravos are rolled off (and fall into the other time period buckets).

Bottom line is that this has the exact same effect as reseting everything to zero. You just do not see the final effect until the 30 days have passed. 

@Brooke_C wrote:

@RobertQc, you bring up a good point! The reason why we didn't include 'other' is that it's  ambiguous and other could mean a lot of different things to different people. We will also be reviewing all the comments so if a Bravo is not provided to someone's post but they suggest the same idea, we will count that as well. 

@Brooke_CIt doesn't have to be ambiguous.

poll-preview.png

Without "other", most will choose what is best out of your selection, and might not make their suggestion. I think this is a flawed way to look for improvement if thats the goal here. Its just a way to select what your already give us but without having to go to the bravo leaderboard saving 1 less click.  There is no way to see the current cycle without going into your bravo history and counting the bravo's from each posts going back by date which is extremely time consuming and inaccurate when forum searchers find your very old posts helpful and bravo them and

At the moment, there should be at least 2 other choices on this poll. They are not ambiguous and should be added to the poll.

1) "matches rewards cycle"

2) "custom" (Public Mobile Community: My settings : Home page)

Every user should have it exactly how they want. No one solution is for everyone, but with a "custom" feature, everyone could get what they want, including it exactly the way it already is.

@SD08 wrote:

Ideally, the user should be given these choices in their personal settings for the leaderboard:

• 24 hours / heures
  • 7 days / jours
  • 30 days / jours (default)
  • 6 months / mois
  • 12 months / mois
  • All time / tout le temps
  • Since beginning of current reward period
  • Custom

@SD08 I didn't see this till after my post, but I agree to this.

popping

I think the current leaderboard system is fine.

I prefer PM spend the money to bullet-prove the self-serve system like the password reset, plan feature provisioning code etc.

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@RobertQc, you bring up a good point! The reason why we didn't include 'other' is that it's  ambiguous and other could mean a lot of different things to different people. We will also be reviewing all the comments so if a Bravo is not provided to someone's post but they suggest the same idea, we will count that as well. 

SD08

I like the idea of a custom timeframe, or reset everything to zero once the calendar month passes upon which the rewards are based.  If neither of those are possible, then I'd prefer to just leave things as they are.  All the timeframes are available anyway and it's not hard to access any of them.

Ideally, the user should be given these choices in their personal settings for the leaderboard:

• 24 hours / heures
  • 7 days / jours
  • 30 days / jours (default)
  • 6 months / mois
  • 12 months / mois
  • All time / tout le temps
  • Since beginning of current reward period
  • Custom

@Brooke_C wrote:

@RobertQc Other options can be posted and then bravo'd by Community members. Like all the ideas- definitely keep them coming! 

@Brooke_CThanks. Would it not be fair to redo the survey with an option for "other", that's a pretty big oversight for a poll. There are only 10 votes so far. Most who come for the survey will not scroll through the pages and read every comment or even bravo that comment if they agree with it. There are numerous members here with 100's of posts that never give bravo's.

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@RobertQc Other options can be posted and then bravo'd by Community members. Like all the ideas- definitely keep them coming! 

@stonechucker

no trouble accessing the VOTE here either. 😉

@RobertQc wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

using Accepted Answers or something else that better measures quality of answers.

@pm-smayer97I hope they never only consider accepted answers, because the poster usually accepts the wrong answer just to stop getting the email reminder and 99/100 solutions the person who needs help doesn't even bother to say thanks or accept as solution"

If I understand, most people with only a few posts don't know the difference between clicking "Accepted solution" on the last post, or the correct post. They are just marking this as "solved" and don't care who gets it.

Very good point! Like I said, pros & cons.

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

using Accepted Answers or something else that better measures quality of answers.

@pm-smayer97I hope they never only consider accepted answers, because the poster usually accepts the wrong answer just to stop getting the email reminder and 99/100 solutions the person who needs help doesn't even bother to say thanks or accept as solution"

If I understand, most people with only a few posts don't know the difference between clicking "Accepted solution" on the last post, or the correct post. They are just marking this as "solved" and don't care who gets it.

Well, it's not my network, so perhaps that's the issue.  I'll try later from home.

pm-smayer97
Mayor / Maire

I think most are missing the point of the OP's question regarding the Leaderboard. As I understand the framing of the question, it is about which time frame would best be suited to providing Community Rewards to customers, not about which timeframe is useful for customer to view outside that context.

In that context, I think it actually might be good to have BOTH a 7 day and a 30 day time frame as a means of encouraging greater participation, as it would give users more immediate feedback when they are having an impact.

First, let me say that I do not believe there is a perfect approach or solution. For every solution, there will be pros and cons. 

That said, I think the use of only Leaderboard metric is very limited. The problem with it is that Bravos are not qualified. They give no sense of quality or usefulness to replies. The main thing they encourage is for other users to acknowledge a reply from someone but not much else.

I think the metric for rewards needs to be more multi-faceted, for example including the number of accepted answers, or something. Or maybe even forgetting Bravos altogeter (nooooo..... 😉 ) but using Accepted Answers or something else that better measures quality of answers.

Anyway, just some thoughts.

@Brooke_C wrote:
What time frame do you find most useful for our Community member leaderboard (AKA Top Bravoed Authors)? / Selon vous, quelle est la période la plus utile associée au tableau des meneurs des membres de la Communauté (auteurs les plus complimentés)?
24 hours / heures

7 days / jours

30 days (current selection) / jours (choix actuel)

6 months / mois

12 months / mois

All time / tout le temps

pollcode.com free polls

@Brooke_COther. Where is the "OTHER" vote?

Current month to match rewards cycle.

The "leaderboard" should reset each time rewards are calculated.

30 days is the closest to rewards cycle, so if you actually are not looking to improve things leave it the way it is, if you want to improve things either give us the option to customize it in our profile settings or set it to the current rewards cycle. A soon as rewards are given out- everyone has 0 on the home page. You let us customize other parts of our feed why our view of the leaderboard?

@Anonymous wrote:

Prefer none of the above...custom. If I want to see the last 4 days...enter 4. Last 23 days...enter 23.

@Anonymous this!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

No change please.  I see nothing wrong with the current system.  Although there is a default, it is just one mouse click to see other timeframes.  It is not like the information is hidden away or difficult to access. 

@stonechucker wrote:

@Brooke_C, getting page unreachable error on the voting form.

EDIT : Adding screenshot - keeps occurring.

poll_error.PNG

Turn down your firewall/ad block???

Too many people on the same time??? I did it...I voted...

srlawren

@Brooke_C I'm probably biased given that I do indeed generally appear in all of the current leaderboard timeframes, but I like them all.  I don't check very often, but when I do, I start at 24 hours and work my way up to All time, checking each one along the way.  I don't really want to see any go away, though I guess if it was an "enter your own number of days" type of thing, I could replicate this by entering 1, 7, 30, 182, 365, 9999.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

I am with @Anonymous, a customizeable time frame would be ideal.

@stonechucker wrote:

@stonechucker worked good for me.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

EDIT : Adding screenshot - keeps occurring.

poll_error.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Prefer none of the above...custom. If I want to see the last 4 days...enter 4. Last 23 days...enter 23.

But 30 works for primary purposes.

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired
What time frame do you find most useful for our Community member leaderboard (AKA Top Bravoed Authors)? / Selon vous, quelle est la période la plus utile associée au tableau des meneurs des membres de la Communauté (auteurs les plus complimentés)?

pollcode.com free polls
Need Help? Let's chat.