cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oracle

Re: Upcoming Help Changes + Feedback

@z10user4 wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

Huh?  This is the first time there has been a discussion on limits of bravos that I have partcipated in so not sure what you searched up?  Gaming of the system?  Yes we have caught a few people gaming the system with multiple accounts but if that isn't what you are referring to I don't what your search was about

Yes. That. They ARE related after all. Isn't that *really* the intent of this limiting idea?

Gamers have been called out. Methods are in place and working. All good. No need to limit. Undemocratic. 

What you are referring to is people creating multiple accounts and all their bravos going to their main account, so even with a limit on bravos people that did that would still give all their bravos to the main account.  Not sure how a limit is undemocratic.

Edited to add:  How many votes do you have during a democratic election?  Do you want unlimited votes?

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Mayor / Maire

@ShawnC13 wrote:

What you are referring to is people creating multiple accounts and all their bravos going to their main account, so even with a limit on bravos people that did that would still give all their bravos to the main account.  Not sure how a limit is undemocratic.

Edited to add:  How many votes do you have during a democratic election?  Do you want unlimited votes?

Oh dear. In either case: marking a ballot or giving a bravo...I can only do it once.

There have been successes ferreting out gamers. No need for limits.

Do we really think Public Mobile is going to implement some costly, complicated system of making sure that no one is gaming the system? It's being handled. I'm sure by you guys. And well.

What's the real problem here then that it's being floated to put in limits to bravo-ing?

Mayor / Maire

@z10user4@ShawnC13@computergeek541@NDesai

There are some known limitations for giving bravos. (see below) This wouldn't stop anyone with multiple accounts or who did 100 per hour. But I think if someone we never saw was in the top 1% there is a paper trail, so its not hard to figure out who is cheating.

could not kido.png

BRAVO  FLOOD

20 per minute.png100 per hour.png

Sorry @will13am hopefully you don't have e-mails notifications on when someone bravo's you, I had a screen shot of the 100, but not the 20 in 1 minute.

Mayor / Maire

@RobertQc wrote:

@z10user4@ShawnC13@computergeek541@NDesai

There are some known limitations for giving bravos. (see below) This wouldn't stop anyone with multiple accounts or who did 100 per hour. But I think if someone we never saw was in the top 1% there is a paper trail, so its not hard to figure out who is cheating.

BRAVO  FLOOD

Sorry @will13am hopefully you don't have e-mails notifications on when someone bravo's you, I had a screen shot of the 100, but not the 20 in 1 minute.

Well there we go then. Nice job as always there RobertQc. Thanks.

Or as Emily Litella would say...oh... well that's different then...never mind. (or something like that)

Oracle

@z10user4  the question put out there was if a new user sees a very  high count bravo count, does that discourage participation?  would a different leaderboard timeframe make a difference?  

• Would limiting bravos lower the totals seen on the leaderboard.  - yes
  • Would I with 25- 30-50 bravos be more carful which posts I bravo or why? -yes
  • Would spread my bravos out more sparingly   -yes
  • Would the names/order on the leaderboard change?  probably not
  • Would a limit on bravos limit who you can give a bravo to?  No

Mayor / Maire

Apparently, I'm either stingy with my bravos or I'm not fast enough to have seen any of those giant red notices that RobertQc so helpfully posted. I've somehow managed to be somewhere near the top for a while now. That doesn't come from ME bravo-ing...it comes from my spending WAY too much time spent posting way too many times that I can hardly avoid getting bravo's from all the newer, appreciative customers that I might help. And the regulars here who might happen to agree with something I said.

So it turns out that there are limits. There we go. I'm done with my part of this discussion.

Mayor / Maire

I have to admit, I'm the reason the daily and bravo flood limits are as high as they are now.

Many here were not around yet at the time, back wayyy back at the end of 2016 and spilling well into 2017, the community was in a full out nuclear meltodwn.  The immensely populat 2016 Fall Promo ran during the I think part of Nov and Dec of 2016, and the massive spike in activations and ports served to 1) overload/overwhelm PM's systems, 2) make VERY apparent a number of bugs that were otherwise manageable, and most importantly 3) MASSIVELY clog up the moderator support queue with requests.  People were waiting a week or more for help and were coming to post about it.  People were coming with questions about how plans work, details of the promo plan, could they keep it after the promo ended, how much would it be after the promo ended, etc.  There was about a dozen questions that kept getting asked over and over and over and over becuase people were in a hurry to get in on the plan and rather than trying to read through threads that were dozens of pages long to see if their question was already answered, they'd just ask it again.  And so on.

The upshot of this lengthy description above (which really doesn't properly capture just how horribly bad things really were--and as I say this spilled well into early 2017, long after the promo expired).  Back then, there were probably 1 or 2 dozen communtiy members--and apolgoies to every one of you in advance because I've repressed most of those memories and can't remember who all it was--that were on the communtiy day and night and trying to help literally what must have been thousands of people with these requests.  In an effort to thank them, I was handing out bravo's left, right, and centre to anyone helping, and I was repeatedly running into the bravo flood limits and daily limits. I requested to our previous PM community head honcho guy @Jeremy_M and asked to have it raised.  He was gracious enough to do so.  It would seem now maybe in retrospect that was a bad idea?  Smiley Happy

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote: 

I think the metric for rewards needs to be more multi-faceted, for example including the number of accepted answers, or something. Or maybe even forgetting Bravos altogeter (nooooo..... ;-) ) but using Accepted Answers or something else that better measures quality of answers.

Anyway, just some thoughts.

This is already part of the calculation I am sure.  The issue here is we have people who start a thread and then select their own post as the solution.

By the own admission by the mods it is not.

@srlawren wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@SD08 wrote:

I like the idea of ... reset[ing] everything to zero once the calendar month passes upon which the rewards are based. 

But that is exactly how it works now, though you may not realize it. Since Community Rewards are based on a monthly review, presumaly on or very close the same date every month, the 30 day filter shows only the last 30 days. So whenever PM is reviewing the counts, they are only seeing the last 30 days. 

@pm-smayer97 I'm pretty sure it's a floating window, not tied to a reward month.  You see today plus the previous 29 days.  If you look again tomorrow, you get a different 30 days, and so on.

That is correct. BUT the point is that when the community rewards are being assessed, they are always done around the same time each month, hence they only see the last 30 days form that time. So, they will only see the last NEW 30 days. This has the same effect as resetting it all to zero for the next month. 

So what you see is the progression. What PM sees is one point in time, the same time, every time. 

HTH.

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@Brooke_C can you please confirm the intent of this poll? It seems that responses are conflating 2 different issues; one being on what period should rewards be based vs what period should customer be able to see on the Leaderboard.

Reading answers seem to focus more on the second rather than the first, or are mixing the two together, making the interpretation of responses more confusing.

EDIT:  I just saw this other post of yours.  It looks like you're under the impression that this poll is to determine the timeframe upon which the rewards are based.  This poll is merely to determine which leaderboard view is most desirable, in order to encourage participation.  Window dressing, in other words, which is why some here are saying there are more important things to focus on.  Personally, I think the way things are is fine too, but if there are changes going to be made to the leaderboard, then this is how I'd like it to change.

Not if you read the rest of the OP, which also states:

" We’d also like to see more members get involved, so you can get more $$ off your plans. To our newer or less active Community members we have some questions:

1. Does the current timeframe and corresponding bravos required to get on the leaderboard seem daunting?
  2. If the time period was shorter and you saw that you were among the top members for the day or the week, do you think that would encourage you to get more involved?
  3. Do you use the leaderboard to help determine who you might want to tag in your post to help answer your question?"

That is what I am asking clarification because the above implies a different purpose. And because some are therefore answering with one understanding, and some with another.