cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: Upcoming Help Changes + Feedback

@RobertQc

+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1 for the overall comments

+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1 for pointing out how some make a big hoopla over minutia that are insignificant (including some oracles).

Additional thoughts:

There is nothing majorly wrong with the current system if all PM wants to do is give out some freebies just because to encourage parcipitation in general and to use it as marketing to say they gove out freebies. But if the goal is fairness, well, there is always "more fair".

In the end as it is, it's pennies for our time, so let's not quibble.

Highlighted
Public Mobile

Thanks for your feedback and comments everyone; we'll take these thoughts and regroup.

Meanwhile, congrats to the following users for being selected in our user testing! We've reached out via private message to get your availability for next week.

@krazykiwi
@hotttollers
@nilimasaha
@bearsnuggle
@mmai
@jayz536
@Aton
@mike7095sk
@Bluesnoopy
@Namemee

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

1. Does the current timeframe and corresponding bravos required to get on the leaderboard seem daunting?Yes
  2. If the time period was shorter and you saw that you were among the top members for the day or the week, do you think that would encourage you to get more involved?Probably
  3. Do you use the leaderboard to help determine who you might want to tag in your post to help answer your question?Mods

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Wanna hear something funny - I've been here regularly for the last four months or so and I've never noticed the leaderboard before today!  Now I actually know what you guys are talking about.  Isn't that crazy!?!?  I gotta get out more.

Mayor / Maire

@RobertQc wrote:

@Luddite wrote:

@Brooke_C Apologies in advance if these thoughts are somewhat off topic. I have been saddened by an increasing level of emphasis/discussion on rewards allocation versus participation as its own reward. Hence the folowing rather dramatic suggested changes.

A. Community Rewards Revamp

• change Oracle reward to $5 plus “earned” monthly reward
  • change top 1% to top 1% for last 6 months
  • emphasize Reward allocation is at PM’s sole discretion
  • to encourage new participants send SMS to everyone after 1, 5, 10 kudos received, or posted
  • include lounge participation in rewards allocation
  • continue making Bravos Leaderboard available

B. Monthly Top Contributors Post

• delete all reference to individual reward allocations (i.e. Oracles and top 1%). Everyone knows where they are from their account, or SMS from PM.
  • list everyone who, in the last month, has just met the following levels of lifetime participation in kudos received PLUS given
    • 50; 100; 500; 1,000; 2,000; 5,000; 10,000, 20,000+

@Luddite@pm-smayer97It all boils down at public mobile community, the more you do, the less you are valued. There is nothing wrong with your opinion. But I will share mine since this represents massive changes to fix what I say is the least important part of the problem. @Brooke_C I don't think any changes need to be made until the real issue is solved. To me it seems that out of our 400-600 monthly contributors (It says in the last 30 days there are currently 574 at the moment) there are a small handful of members that complain, most of them also complain when the sun comes out too. I have seen a larger amount of people ask about rewards and are excited by the existing system. I also see an even greater amount of people in the top contributor post say thank you and appear quite happy.

I am actually fine with how things are, but if you want to know what I think is where the system fails? As it stands public mobile rewards you the most for doing as little as possible just above 0. Somewhere between showing up to school only for lunch period and going to the library to play games on the computer.

Dec 8 oracles  5 top 1% 17 top 5%  21 top 10% 72 top 25% 104 top 50% (Meaning Last month they considered 454 people to be "contributors") I can do Jan because badges arnt out yet.

Public mobile wants participation to go up? Well give out MORE rewards. If you think about it, Public mobile gave out $758 last month for 458 people. And only $598 if you consider oracle to basically be impossible for most people. Combined time we are probably talking about 10,000 combined hours totaling $758. They want more people to come to the forum? Well then start offering them something for actually doing it. How much money do you think they save from shutting down a CALL CENTRE? And they pay more than a handful who basically live on this forum 16 hours a day in total $758? And half of those rewards go to people that make less than 10 posts a month.

Anything passed top 10% is close to 0 participation. Not even going to call out the members that have been been showing up once per month for the top contributor post and getting a reward.

Then we get some sour guss members complaining because they think someone got a couple extra bravos.. but when they already have 500+ actually hurts their $/HR $/Bravo scoresheet. Nitpicking a couple bravos here and there like it makes any difference. I think they are pointing the gun in the wrong direction. "revamp" the system however you want, it still comes down to public mobiles reward system gives out far less for your time the more you contribute. Why would anyone (I must be crazy) spend upwards of 200 hours per month for $15 when I should spend 1 hour a month for $5?

@z10user41000+ bravos and got $15, so thats less than 1.5 cents per bravo.

@wetcoastergets 132 bravos in Dec, got $10, thats 7.57 cents per bravo

@mh198319 bravos in Dec and got $5, so thats like 19 cents per bravo.

(sorry for using your names, but its public knowledge, and I had to use someone in those groups to give an example)

All of this hoopla over literally pennies.

@RobertQc

So, I'm only spending an hour a month here ( if you have access to that information that is a severe breach in privacy) and don't deserve bravo's or rewards??!!?? 

One thing that you are of that opinion - you are entitled to that- but publicly accusing me of such "alternate facts" is not on.

Just for the record: usually I'm here for a combined hour or more throughout the day as my work load, breaks etc allow. In the past half a year or so I most of the time didn't bother to sign in from my phone unless I had something to contribute (or should I say when hoped to be actually fast enough to do so, just to be outdone be others in 99%). While posting from the computer I strive for quality over quantity, but being on the west coast and mainly "doing the grave yard shift" means that they usually are burried quite fast. I don't believe in repeating what has been said five times in the same thread already, so unless I have something to add that hasn't been mentioned before, put a correction in there if I see a wrong statement or am just plain slow getting my posts together I am first and foremost reading and handing out bravos.

Yes, I have never been on top of "the list", I think the closest I ever got was #4? Yes, you are, obviously, spending more time here and are ahead of me on every version of the list. Doesn't make my nearly two years of steady, quality contribution here worthless. If I'd be starting out now these kind of posts would be what would be a good way to discourage me from trying to help.

Mayor / Maire

@wetcoaster wrote:

@RobertQc

So, I'm only spending an hour a month here ( if you have access to that information that is a severe breach in privacy) and don't deserve bravo's or rewards??!!?? 

One thing that you are of that opinion - you are entitled to that- but publicly accusing me of such "alternate facts" is not on.

Just for the record: usually I'm here for a combined hour or more throughout the day as my work load, breaks etc allow. In the past half a year or so I most of the time didn't bother to sign in from my phone unless I had something to contribute (or should I say when hoped to be actually fast enough to do so, just to be outdone be others in 99%). While posting from the computer I strive for quality over quantity, but being on the west coast and mainly "doing the grave yard shift" means that they usually are burried quite fast. I don't believe in repeating what has been said five times in the same thread already, so unless I have something to add that hasn't been mentioned before, put a correction in there if I see a wrong statement or am just plain slow getting my posts together I am first and foremost reading and handing out bravos.

Yes, I have never been on top of "the list", I think the closest I ever got was #4? Yes, you are, obviously, spending more time here and are ahead of me on every version of the list. Doesn't make my nearly two years of steady, quality contribution here worthless. If I'd be starting out now these kind of posts would be what would be a good way to discourage me from trying to help.

@wetcoaster

@wetcoaster wrote:

@RobertQc( if you have access to that information that is a severe breach in privacy) and don't deserve bravo's or rewards??!!?? 

Lol. It's public information. Everyone can view everyones bravos from everyone at anytime.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/kudos/userpage/user-id/23790/tab/my-kudoed-messages

I am not accusing YOU of anything. I had to choose anyone to use as an example for bravo per $. Nothing against you. You did nothing wrong.

Edited to add picture

rbavo.png

Mayor / Maire

@RobertQc wrote:

@wetcoaster wrote:

@RobertQc

@wetcoaster

@wetcoaster wrote:

@RobertQc( if you have access to that information that is a severe breach in privacy) and don't deserve bravo's or rewards??!!?? 

Lol. It's public information. Everyone can view everyones bravos from everyone at anytime.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/kudos/userpage/user-id/23790/tab/my-kudoed-messages

I am not accusing YOU of anything. I had to choose anyone to use as an example for bravo per $. Nothing against you. You did nothing wrong.

Edited to add picture

rbavo.png

I know that the bravos are part of the generally accessible information, hours spent on the board isn't (or should not). Extrapolating from my bravos that I am only here an hour a month is wrong, and uncalled for. 

Oracle

@wetcoaster wrote:

@RobertQcIn the past half a year or so I most of the time didn't bother to sign in from my phone unless I had something to contribute (or should I say when hoped to be actually fast enough to do so, just to be outdone be others in 99%). While posting from the computer I strive for quality over quantity, but being on the west coast and mainly "doing the grave yard shift" means that they usually are burried quite fast. I don't believe in repeating what has been said five times in the same thread already, so unless I have something to add that hasn't been mentioned before, put a correction in there if I see a wrong statement or am just plain slow getting my posts together I am first and foremost reading and handing out bravos.

@wetcoaster, this here is a great point.  There are many people here that spend a lot of time here but are reading and only adding to a thread if it is something new or to correct something that someone has said.  I totally agree there is no point adding to a thread that has the same answer given 5 times by different people.  I can see within a couple of posts similar answers but we have people that will do it way after the fact.  Just because someone isn't at or near the top of leaderboard doesn't mean they aren't spending many hours here reading and helping people with quality posts when the opportunity arises for them to be first to respond or correct that misleading information.

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Mayor / Maire

@wetcoaster wrote:

I know that the bravos are part of the generally accessible information, hours spent on the board isn't (or should not). Extrapolating from my bravos that I am only here an hour a month is wrong, and uncalled for. 

@wetcoasterI don't understand where you are getting this, Please quote me where I said you were here for only an hour.

The only reference I made to 1 hour, was how long it would take FOR ME to get into the 10% category, which is not even the one you are in. You are in the 5% category which would take ME significantly more time.

I never said anything about how much time others would take to get into each category.

Please, re read what I wrote. The only "conclusion" I came to was $ PER BRAVO that public mobile paid out.

Its not only you, its every single person in this forum including myself. 

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@wetcoaster, this here is a great point.  There are many people here that spend a lot of time here but are reading and only adding to a thread if it is something new or to correct something that someone has said.

@ShawnC13 I agree with this and I never came to any conclusion of how long they spent here. I stated the math of X bravos for X dollars

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I think @ShawnC13 is talking about me and my slow PS/2 ball mouse.  Smiley Tongue

Always late to the party but I like to add some info if I think it can be said in a different way.