cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unveiling our exciting support enhancement: SIMon-assisted ticketing!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

As I’ve shared in my Developer Blog series (Part 1/ Part 2), the team and I have been hard at work driving improvements in our support model, and as of today, we’ve finally gone live!

If you haven’t been keeping up with the Developer Blog, here’s what you missed-

• Starting today, SIMon, our virtual assistant, can now connect customers looking for help to our Moderators through a guided smartform.
  • SIMon will act as the first point of contact (like a front desk agent!) for customers, guiding customers to relevant Help Articles or the Community for general questions, and for tougher account issues, he’ll bring you to submit a smartform to the Moderators. 
  • Private Messaging the Moderator Team continues to be an available option.

Why should I use SIMon?

• It can save you time - by using the smartform, you’re ensuring that our Moderators will have all the necessary details they’ll need to start actioning your request right away from the first message. Plus, authentication is now part of the submission process. No more silly back and forth follow up messages! 
  • SIMon will pre-fill your support form for you - Based on your short conversation with the virtual assistant, SIMon will remember what you shared with him and complete certain parts of your form for you! Cool right? 
  • Track your issue more easily - If you reach out to a Moderator via SIMon and the smartform, you’ll be issued a ticket number, making following up on your issue a snap when you can share your ticket number with a Moderator.
  • Pssst. You’ll hear back faster! - Based on the completeness of the information, Mods will prioritize issues coming from the smartform over regular private messages. 

As always, we’d love to hear what you think! Give SIMon a try the next time you need help (just click the bottom right button on any Community Page, or visit the Get Help Page). We’d love to hear what your experience was like if you’ve given SIMon a try! We’re continuing down the road to improve support, and this is something that’ll we’ll continue to grow and iterate on with your inputs.

Let us know your thoughts!

Thanks,

Alan

84 REPLIES 84

@mimmo wrote:

@Luddite  the only problem with that link is it can I beleive only deal with service not working as it is based past questions to Simon. 

But once you sign in using your community account, you can change it.

Untitled.png

@mimmo wrote:

@Luddite  the only problem with that link is it can I beleive only deal with service not working as it is based past questions to Simon. 

True. Wonder how the team will handle ticket requests when there is a subject - content mismatch?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

We are getting there folks!

EDIT: I spoke too soon. A few days later, we are back to the same old wait times

Once again i had login issue with my account. This is a bit weird one on how and why it changes my account password. I would not like to reveal any details about this as non oracle uses should not be affected. Anyways, today i was able to create a ticket using the new smart form. It was pretty simple and reminds me of the old way people reached out for support. You have to pick an option depending on your issue. What i liked most about this is that it lets you authenticate before you submit, so indeed there will be no back an forth just to verify your account. It asked me for my email, ph number and PIN number. I am not sure if any more options were available other than PIN. When i hit submit button, i was prompt with a ticket number that i can print or view. The page also mentioned that a moderator will get back to me within 24 hours. I was surprised to see that as the wait time for the past couple of months was more than 48 hours. When i hit the view button, it took me to my Private Message sent folder and i saw an auto generated Private Message sent to Moderator_Team.

Annotation 2019-09-03 183715.png

One of the point Alan_K  mentioned in the OP is that "You’ll hear back faster!". This is very true! I got a reply with the new password within an hour of creating a ticket. Yes, this is in early stage and not may people might have logged a ticket, but so far it's a good start. At least, they will be bale to filter out tickets depending on the issue you chose (Password reset in my case). In such cases, you will indeed hear back faster than other cases with complicated issues. Let's hope this new ticketing system significantly improves the current wait times.

EDIT: I spoke too soon. A few days later, we are back to the same old wait times

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Alan_K "Based on the completeness of the information, Mods will prioritize issues coming from the smartform over regular private messages." >> truly daft.

A private message with "URGENT: no service for 2 days autopay failed" gets backburnered for detailed description of a missing $2 autopay credit.

Mind you I guess I can live with telling posters "Click this link to submit a ticket request https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/form/U2FsdGVkX182YRF2Z9b_8Tm2ojedLcEEOVvkZR7GDHGpz8htyIyk...".

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

homephone
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Our services are temporarily unavailable. Stay on this page and we will automatically re-direct you when things are back up.

And the endless loop of converation with simon was a poor distraction from my lack of service today.

Poogzley
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@mh1983 wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@Alan_K  I still believe there should still be a link to the form, which does not need to be accessed from Simon. That can be linked to by members of Community. 

I find it repetitive to ask for help in community, then be told to ask Simon, so you can get a ticket number. 

I 100% agree. I think this should be support 101.

Pinned post maybe?

Poogzley

@popping wrote:
If I sumbit a ticket that SIMon does not know the answer, SIMon gave me the following message instead of giving me a blank form and let me fill in the form

Whoops! Looks like we were too busy thinking about you. Go to homepage.

I came across the same problem:Screen Shot 2019-09-03 at 8.15.04 PM.png

Poogzley

Poogzley

Now that it is so simple to open a ticket I have a feeling that the moderators will be a lot busier as most users won't bother to troubleshooting or finding a solution with the community out of simplicity.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

Replaced buy a robot!!Smiley SadSmiley FrustratedSmiley LOL

@RossN wrote:

well its been nice knowing you all go ask Simon!! @LovesToPM I just collected  24 beer bottles but I will have to drink them first lol  

SIMon still tells people to needlessly check APN settings for phone calling issues and still does not understand that LTE cannot be used for phone calls here.  

RossN
Mayor / Maire

well its been nice knowing you all go ask Simon!! @LovesToPM I just collected  24 beer bottles but I will have to drink them first lol  

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mimmo wrote:

@Alan_K  I still believe there should still be a link to the form, which does not need to be accessed from Simon. That can be linked to by members of Community. 

I find it repetitive to ask for help in community, then be told to ask Simon, so you can get a ticket number. 

I 100% agree. I think this should be support 101.

Hi @popping - can you please message me with the question you asked & other steps you took so I can re-create the scenario and see what the issue is.
Thanks
David_J

popping
If I sumbit a ticket that SIMon does not know the answer, SIMon gave me the following message instead of giving me a blank form and let me fill in the form

Whoops! Looks like we were too busy thinking about you. Go to homepage.

Just make Simon understand that "go away and stop bugging me" is a user request to disable notifications. 

Would be nice if there was an option in "My Settings" to disable SImon

@computergeek541 wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@Alan_K  is there any way to get rid of that annoying popup saying help is 1 click away. Thinking if it can be hidden for people who have reached a certain level in community. 

I don't find it so bad on the a PC, but on a smaller screen such a phone in potrait screen mode, it's super annoying.

@mimmo wrote:

@Alan_K  is there any way to get rid of that annoying popup saying help is 1 click away. Thinking if it can be hidden for people who have reached a certain level in community. 

I don't find it so bad on the a PC, but on a smaller screen such a phone in potrait screen mode, it's super annoying.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Agreed. Rather annoying when refreshing page to answer a thread.

@mimmo wrote:

mimmo

mimmo

Hopefully, this can reduce the wait the times with customers providing all needed information for the moderators from the start. I'll have to admit that I've never been a big fan of SIMon though. 

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@Alan_K Thanks for the good news and keeping us updated!

I gave it a try. Ticket submission looks to be user friendly.

We the user community, might have to go back to collecting beer bottles and cans again.

Need Help? Let's chat.