cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Until September 13 - Get a $25 Credit for You and Your Friend by Referring them to Public Mobile

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

*This offer is online-only.

Hey Community,

From August 23rd until September 13th, 2018, you and your friend can each get a $25 credit when you refer them to Public Mobile and they activate online.

Get the full scoop below.

Taking advantage of this promo is easy. Just follow these steps:

As a Public Mobile customer you need to:

1. Be a good pal and refer a friend to Public Mobile.
  2. Tell your friend that they need to successfully activate online on a 30 or 90-day plan during the promotional period and include you as their referrer in order to be eligible for the promotion.
  3. The one-time $25 credit will be applied to your Self-Serve account within 72 hours of your friend’s online activation. In addition, you will continue to be eligible for the $1 referral credit off your monthly bill for as long as your friend stays with Public Mobile.

Your friend will need to:

1. Activate a Public Mobile SIM card online on any 30 or 90-day plan at activate.publicmobile.ca.
  2. Enter your active Public Mobile phone number on the referral page during the activation process. Be sure they enter your number and not their own so you get credit for the referral.
  3. The one-time $25 credit will be applied to their Self-Serve account within 72 hours of activation.

FAQs and terms and conditions are below. Happy referring!

-Public Mobile Community team

FAQs:

Spoiler

Refer a Friend Promotion FAQs

1. If I am referred and then I refer a friend or family member am I eligible for both sender and receiver rewards?
    Yes, you are. This means that you would receive one $25 credit for being referred. Then, after activating with Public Mobile, you are eligible to take part in this promotion as a referral sender and earn $25 Refer-a-Friend credits during the promotional period. Learn more here.
  2. I am a Legacy customer. Am I eligible for these rewards?
    Legacy customers are not eligible for rewards. However, Legacy customers’ referrals are eligible for this offer, and can receive a one-time $25 account credit.
    To learn more about Reward eligibility and Rewards,visit publicmobile.ca/rewardrules . If you would like to take advantage of this promotional offer, our support team can help you switch your plan to one that is currently available.
  3. As the referral receiver, am I eligible for the ongoing $10 Refer a Friend Reward credit, as well as this $25 Refer a Friend credit?
    No, these credits are not stackable. Instead, you will receive a total of $25 via an account credit, rather than the ongoing $10 Refer-a-Friend Reward credit.
  4. When does this promotion end?
    This promotion will end September 13, 2018 11:59PM EST.

Terms and Conditions

Referral sender (current Public Mobile customer)

• All existing Refer a Friend eligibility requirements and rules apply. To learn more, visit publicmobile.ca/rewardrules.
    • While Legacy customers are not eligible for Public Mobile Refer a Friend rewards, Legacy customers’ referrals are eligible for this offer, and can receive a one-time $25 account credit.
    • You and your referee have to accept these terms to participate in the program.
    • You can only refer individuals with whom you have a personal or family relationship to ensure compliance with Canada's anti-spam legislation.  
    • You can’t refer yourself or an existing Public Mobile customer.
    • TELUS team members, contractors, sales representatives acting on TELUS's behalf and associates at retail locations who receive special pricing are excluded from this promotion.

Referral receiver (your friend)

• Must activate on a 30 or 90-day plan with Public Mobile.
    • You must input the referral information (referrer’s Public Mobile phone number) during your activation.
    • You and your referrer have to accept these terms to participate in the program.
    • After activating with Public Mobile, you are eligible to take part in this promotion as a referral sender.

OTHER

TELUS assumes no responsibility for lost, delayed, damaged or misdirected referrals or communications or for any failure of the website, for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or referral to be received by TELUS on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to your (or any other person's) computer related to or resulting from this program. TELUS reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, cancel or suspend this program should a virus, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of TELUS, corrupt the security or proper administration of the program or for any other reason. Referrals are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, unintelligible, falsified, altered or tampered with or unlawful in any way. Referrals submitted by unauthorized means will be disqualified. In the event that it has been determined that a referral has been made in a manner not sanctioned by these terms, you and all of you referrals will be disqualified from this program and any referral credits that have been awarded will be deducted. You agree to abide by the terms of this program and the decisions of the TELUS team, which are final. This program is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.

TELUS may end the promotion or change any of the terms at any time, without notice and without obligation to award any promotion.

PRIVACY

Your privacy is important to TELUS. We have a long-standing policy of protecting the privacy of our customers in all of our business operations. Please visit telus.com/privacy for more information on the principles that govern the collection, use and disclosure of personal information. These principles reflect our continuing commitment to protecting our customers' privacy.

313 REPLIES 313

cappaj
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Wonder_why wrote:

@stonechucker I hear there are giving free Sim Card, I will check it out and post back 🤗 

There's an in-store promo at Walmart and London Drugs for a free SIM + $25 promo credit (for the new customer only), but only if you activate in-store.

That's different than this promo, where you pay $10 for the SIM (either in-store or from PM's website), and then do your activation online, at home.

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@stonechucker I hear there are giving free Sim Card, I will check it out and post back 🤗 

@Wonder_why, Walmart won't give a free SIM card unless they have a promo for in-store activation.  The cost will be $10+local taxes to benefit from this promotion as activation is online only.

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@stonechucker wrote:

So, as a recommendation to everyone, print this out and take to the Walmart or Wow Mobile or London Drugs, and tell them you want the SIM card, without activation.

Walmart give free Sim Card ?

I will come back for Round 10 😁😀

I can't believe how difficult it is to get folks with 'bundled' packages to switch.  I tell them about how much I save vs my old Rogers plan now 4 years ago, for a better plan now (and all current plans are better priced than the 4-year-old Rogers plan in Ontario).   

There are better ways to save money and costs on communication services - I seem to know only people who can't stay away from their all-in-one packages.

I was hoping this would come back 😁😁😁

GreatCanadian

@will13am wrote:

I would agree.  This promo seems to work the best for those who already have an account and wish to do self referral.  My referrals get free tech support which Walmart doesn't offer. 

Mine as well. Too bad one of those referrals was yesterday!!

GC

For new customers, the London Drugs/Walmart promotion (until September 6) still is a better deal.  

WOW mobile actually prefers to sell SIM only, instead of activations in store.  (Due to commission issues?)  Walmart is probably has the worse reputation for not selling SIM cards alone.  

@cappaj wrote:
@stonechucker wrote:

So, as a recommendation to everyone, print this out and take to the Walmart or Wow Mobile or London Drugs, and tell them you want the SIM card, without activation.

I've found calling ahead is the best way to avoid a hassle - then you can confirm they'll sell you just the SIM without requiring activation before you show up.

Of course, when you show up at Walmart or London Drugs any day before Sept. 6, you might decide to activate there anyways for the in-store promo (free SIM + $25 credit + $10 referral credit). 😉

I would agree.  This promo seems to work the best for those who already have an account and wish to do self referral.  My referrals get free tech support which Walmart doesn't offer. 

cappaj
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
@stonechucker wrote:

I've found calling ahead is the best way to avoid a hassle - then you can confirm they'll sell you just the SIM without requiring activation before you show up.

Of course, when you show up at Walmart or London Drugs any day before Sept. 6, you might decide to activate there anyways for the in-store promo (free SIM + $25 credit + $10 referral credit). 😉

dna2016

@Alan_K, SWEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTT, definitely an amazing promo and really happy to see PM bring this back, I had a feeling this would come back considering how popular it was.  Although I'm sure the MODS are preparing themselves for another busy month.  This is definitely a great promo and perfect for that back-to-school offer.  

@stonechucker definitely a great idea, I can only imagine the headaches people are going to go through if they don't have this handy.

@stonechucker wrote:

Glad that this promo is back!!  See if I can get a few more new customers to teh PM side. 

I haven't heard of any issue from London Drugs not selling just the sim for at home activation.  I will have to stop by my local Walmart to see if they still have the sign up saying that due to low stock levels they can't sell just the sim without activation.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Need Help? Let's chat.