cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Until Sep 22, get $10 off for the first 3 months when you activate on a $40/mo plan or more

How do I port out  of pb  And back in ? 

GR
Mayor / Maire

Re: Until Sep 22, get $10 off for the first 3 months when you activate on a $40/mo plan or more

@TiaraDiamondz you could go and get a cheap plan from lucky mobile and then port back in to public mobile but keep in mind you're gonna lose any rewards you have, you're gonna have to buy a lucky Sim card and pay for the cheap plan up front and lose all that and then buy a public mobile Sim card again and set up a new account with a different email address than your previous one.  I'm not sure it's worth all that to save 30$

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Nice promo, can't wait for the next new promo for existing customers. 

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Honestly I just don't understand all the work and expense to try to get 3 x $10 in credits. It is a case of a new customer not doing any investigation of various new customer incentives that come and and go, signing up with no incentive right after a new customer promo had ended  (exactly 14 days ago there was a "Second Month Free" promo that would have resulted in $40 of savings for anyone on the $40 plan) and then wanting the next promo that comes along after having already signed up.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@AE_Collector wrote:

Honestly I just don't understand all the work and expense to try to get 3 x $10 in credits. It is a case of a new customer not doing any investigation of various new customer incentives that come and and go, signing up with no incentive right after a new customer promo had ended  (exactly 14 days ago there was a "Second Month Free" promo that would have resulted in $40 of savings for anyone on the $40 plan) and then wanting the next promo that comes along after having already signed up.

I agree and I've certainly been in your position. Sure it sucks to miss out on a promo on either end of your activation. (Bummer tent is still open in the lounge.) But you likely switched to Public Mobile to save money from your former provider or perhaps you're just new here and have never forked over your hard earned money to an overpriced cell plan. Whatever the case you are still saving money and after one year the autopay reward will have saved you $24 and the loyalty reward will kick in to save you a further $1/month for an additional $12. On top of pm's low, low prices!

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi! 

Trying to get my mom on this bandwagon... We live in Ottawa with no kiosks nearby, can she be eligible for this promotion if she orders the SIM card tomorrow (Sept 22) and activates later this week when it arrives? Or does she absolutely have to activate the account tomorrow to receive the discounts? 

Thanks for any info!

@mebs wrote:

Hi! 

Trying to get my mom on this bandwagon... We live in Ottawa with no kiosks nearby, can she be eligible for this promotion if she orders the SIM card tomorrow (Sept 22) and activates later this week when it arrives? Or does she absolutely have to activate the account tomorrow to receive the discounts? 

Thanks for any info!

Activation by Sept 22nd only but she could use the rbc promo til Sept 30th and it's $10 off any $40+ plan + 5gb data bonus that rolls over.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@mebs  she needs to act tomorrow!   You can go to a Walmart, London drugs, wow mobile shop to activate 

@mebs wrote:

Hi! 

Thanks for any info!

No. Sim/account/plan needs to be activated this weekend. Check ebay or kijiji for sellers who can help with that since there are no stores nearby. You would need someone to provide the sim card number ahead of time.

If you are a Royal Bank credit card customer, I would consider the RBC promo instead.  That is 6x$10 off and a one-time 5GB data bonus if  a $40+ plan activation is done online by September 30 and promo code RBCREWARDS is used.

@darlicious wrote:

@mebs wrote:

Hi! 

Thanks for any info!https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans/RBC-offer

Activation by Sept 22nd only but she could use the rbc promo til Sept 30th and it's $10 off any $40+ plan + 5gb data bonus that rolls over.

Online activation only please see above for conditions