cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Until Sep 22, get $10 off for the first 3 months when you activate on a $40/mo plan or more

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

Effective immediately to September 22, 2019 at 11:59PM ET, new customers who activate online or in-store at participating retailers on a $40/mo plan or higher will receive $10 off for the first 3 months. This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Activate in-store OR visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home.
  3. Follow the step-by-step instructions for activating online until you get to step 3, “Plans and Add-Ons”.
  4. Be sure to select a plan $40/mo or more.
  5. Continue through the rest of the steps.

Here’s what else you should know:

• Only plans $40/mo or greater are eligible for this offer.
  • Eligible customers will receive $10 credit for months 1-3, then resume paying full price from month 4 and onwards. Credit is non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash.
  • The first credit will be applied to all eligible accounts within 30 days of activation. Credits 2 & 3 will be applied prior to each renewal date.
  • You will also be able to see the credits you’ve received by logging in to Self-Serve.
  • If you switch your rate plan, OR fall into a suspend or inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for this promotion.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

48 REPLIES 48

@rranvi wrote:

Hello,

I just registered my sim for 40 dollars plan last week. Can I still be eligible for this promo? Thanks!

Bummer...Unfortunately no. I've been there...activate and a day or two later flash sale. Won't really help now but you can sign up for promo announcements. This way if you can't take advantage you can refer friends so they can and you get referral awards.

rranvi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I just registered my sim for 40 dollars plan last week. Can I still be eligible for this promo? Thanks!

Switch to the rbc promo... 3 extra months of $10 off and 5gb of free data all you have to do is activate online , pay with a credit card and enter RBCREWARDS IN the promo box. This new promo isn't much of a promo unless you don't have credit card and internet access.

porkchopbread
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

not a bad promo but I'm waiting on the bonus referral promo to switch a 2nd line over to PM.

GGPlayer
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

$40 more plan. 🙂

Why not give lower discount to lower monthly plan?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@dbatara wrote:

I used it though when I activated and first signed up! Do you know how I can stack it from my self-serve?

@popping wrote:

@dbatara wrote:

So if we got a referral code, it doesn't count, does it? 

You can stack the referral credit with this promo.

You can still get a referral code from your friend and activate a PM plan to get one time $10 credit within 72 hours after activation.

You will get the referral credit within 72 hours after activation. Usually next morning.

If you activated a promo plan after it was announced, you are stacking referral with this promo.

@dbataraIf you activated after 09-20-2019 02:19 PM and used your friend's referral you have effectively "stacked" the benefits.

dbatara

I used it though when I activated and first signed up! Do you know how I can stack it from my self-serve?

@popping wrote:

@dbatara wrote:

You can still get a referral code from your friend and activate a PM plan to get one time $10 credit within 72 hours after activation.

popping

@dbatara wrote:

dbatara

Good to see some promos happening again even if not quite as good as some of the older ones. 

It does say fourth month is back to regular price where as the first $10 credit will appear within 30 days and the other two credits appear before renewal. Thus it could be $10 credits towards 2nd, 3rd & 4th month OR possibly 2 credits appear by first renewal and final credit by second renewal. Who knows but it will add up to $30.

Still has the "Order SIM Online" reference even though there is NO point in ordering one online for this weekend promo.

But, at least they are new promos!

I DO now have a couple of extra SIM cards on hand if anyone WANTS to grab this promo over the weekend but has no way of getting a SIM card by Sunday. All that is needed initially is the SIM card serial number to get activated. Message me if you need one.

Terry

popping

It is time to get your refer-a-friend machine running again.  Talk to your friends and family.  PM plans with the rewards credit will sell for itself.  Just make sure to disclose that PM does not have call center. Subscribers may not have cellphone service for couple days while waiting for moderator to fix your account.

Alan_K

@Anonymous wrote:

@Alan_K wrote:

Hey Community,

Effective immediately to September 22, 2019 at 11:59PM ET, new customers who activate online or in-store at participating retailers on a $40/mo plan or higher will receive $10 off for the first 3 months. This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  3. Follow the step-by-step instructions for activating online until you get to step 3, “Plans and Add-Ons”.

• Eligible customers will receive $10 credit for months 1-3, then resume paying full price from month 4 and onwards. Credit is non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash.
  • The first credit will be applied to all eligible accounts within 30 days of activation. Credits 2 & 3 will be applied prior to each renewal date.
  • You will also be able to see the credits you’ve received by logging in to Self-Serve.
  • If you switch your rate plan, OR fall into a suspend or inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for this promotion.

Once again @Alan_K...you say immediately here but the plan/promo details say just the weekend. Then people get confused with the technicalities and you have to honour your words manually afterwards.

It is indeed effective immediately, I will share back that we need more clarity between these two sources.

sunflowershine

Wonderful! My niece just need to switch her phone plan this weekend...

DL888
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Show some love for the $25 plan 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Alan_K wrote:

Hey Community,

How to Get this Offer:

Once again @Alan_K...you say immediately here but the plan/promo details say just the weekend. Then people get confused with the technicalities and you have to honour your words manually afterwards.

@mimmo wrote:

@Alan_K  3 months now not 6 😞

Yeah, that's going to be a punch line. Let's apply some friendly pressure for an update?  😉

@Alan_K 

This has been confusing customers on many of these promos:  Is the first 30 days full price? The title says first 3 months but the details say to wait up to 30 days for the first credit.

mimmo

@Alan_K  3 months now not 6 😞

Need Help? Let's chat.