cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Until November 21, get $10 off for the first 6 months when you activate on a $35/mo plan or more

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

This offer has been extended to Sunday November 24th, 2019 11:59PM EST. 

Hey Community,

Effective immediately to November 21, 2019 at 11:59PM ET, new customers who activate online or in-store at participating retailers on a $35/mo plan or higher will receive $10 off for the first 6 months. This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online through Public Mobile (shipping time is 3 to 7 business days) or order through Amazon and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a participating retailer.
  2. Activate in-store OR visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home.
  3. Follow the step-by-step instructions for activating online until you get to step 3, “Plans and Add-Ons”.
  4. Be sure to select a plan $35/mo or more.
  5. Continue through the rest of the steps.

Here’s what else you should know:

• Only plans $35/mo or greater are eligible for this offer.
  • Eligible customers will receive $10 credit for months 1-6, then resume paying full price from month 7 and onwards. Credit is non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash.
  • The first credit will be applied to all eligible accounts within 30 days of activation. Remaining credits will be applied prior to each renewal date.
  • You will also be able to see the credits you’ve received by logging in to Self-Serve.
  • If you switch your rate plan, OR fall into a suspend or inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for this promotion.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- Public Mobile Community Team

298 REPLIES 298

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@annalov wrote:

I love this deal and have just purchased my SIM online via PM website.  I am excited to go to a discount provider, this will be my first. I am currently considering the $35 plan, but what if in between the 6 months of the promotional $10 credit I find that I want to increase the plan to the $40. 

Will that change the fact that I am still to receive the credits, or am I incorrect in thinking that once a plan is activated for that promotional period, it can not be changed? 

Any insight is greatly appreciated, thanks.

I would have to agree with others - avoid the $35 plan, get the $40 plan. During this promo it will only be $30 less autopay. During month 6, you can decide then if the $40/5GB is too much data and then drop to whatever plan suits. 

Maybe the $25 was best all along, but since it does not qualify, try the other plan and see for yourself.

Hopefully we can get a clarification from @Tiana_V about changing plans during the first 6 months. It should be okay to move up from $35 but that isnt the way it is worded. PM always has "wording problems" withnpromos <as you can see I frequently have wording problems as well!> but I think Tiana may be trying to clean that up.

In the past they have had new customer promos that aren't valid when activating at dealers. They would say "online activations only". Customers activated at a dealer, didn't get the promo, then argued that "it was activated online, I watched the dealer using the computer and even helped enter my data." Clearly "online activation" is a poor way to say, "Do it Yourself at Home Activation". 

AE_Collector

@annalov wrote:

I love this deal and have just purchased my SIM online via PM website.  I am excited to go to a discount provider, this will be my first. I am currently considering the $35 plan, but what if in between the 6 months of the promotional $10 credit I find that I want to increase the plan to the $40. 

I would say that the $40 plan is a much better value if you have use for more data. The $40 plan is eligible for this promotion.  So, if you want more than 1.5GB of data, I would suggest taking the $40 plan from the start.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@annalov   in the past if you incresed the plan there were no issues. if you went below the minimul level they they stopped giving you the bonus.

dont forget to use a referal code when activting to get a $10 bonus credit.

edit i personally find the $35 plan option not really a plan when compared the the $25 and $40 plans.  For $5 you get lots more data and i feel its much better value.

annalov
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Will that change the fact that I am still to receive the credits, or am I incorrect in thinking that once a plan is activated for that promotional period, it can not be changed? 

Any insight is greatly appreciated, thanks.

@mimmo 

I agree though I only have one year of experience/history here. This could be it. I do recall promos like this running for a month and part way through the $25/$25 referral credit was launched making the two stackable. That could happen here though this is only a 1 week promo that might be extended. The last referral bonus was $20/$10 which may be the future rather than the old $25/$25. As profit is slowly squeezed out, promotions will likely not be quite as good either.

AE_Collector

mimmo

@ChuckYeah , I would be happy if there was a BF deal but I really don't recall an actual BF deal since I was here 2016).  It's has always been said (by other members) PM does its own thing.  So based on history I think this will be as good as it gets. Will be happy to be proven wrong though.   

The only thing I caution is that we went through many months May-August with virtually no incentives at all. Many said "just wait for the back to school incentives in late August". I did and zip...nothing. Labour a Day came and went and then finally maybe mid September we started to see some New Customer Promos again. So, you can't count on anything unfortunately. This could be the rumoured Black Friday Promo early to get the jump on the competition, it may be extended or improved into Black Friday week or it may end as scheduled with nothing else for Black Friday.

AE_Collector

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Certainly not the promo that's going to bring people off the fences. But it's the weekend before black Friday so you wouldn't want to waste the best when people will be expecting it next weekend.

Certainly not the plan that's going to bring people off the fences. But it's the weekend before black Friday so you wouldn't want to waste the best when people will be expecting it next weekend.

@mimmo wrote:

@Tiana_V  is some retailers are excluded you should kits the participating retailers in the official announcement. Also if I click on participating retailers Walmart and London drugs are listed. It's quite confusing.

A pretty good bet that this is incorrect, any new activation of $35 or higher will work. Makes no sense.....

But, it will be nice to see an official clarification.

AE_Collector

@JacobChris wrote:

Thank you for the info! I'm so indecisive, but I'll finally activate it today. Appreciate the help.

Watch for a clarification here to activating at Walmart or London Drugs. I find that quite often London Drugs gives a free SIM card if activating through them. You have a week at least to take advantage of this offer.

AE_Collector

mimmo

@Tiana_V  if some retailers are excluded you should include the participating retailers in the official announcement.

Also if I click on participating retailers Walmart and London drugs are listed. It's quite confusing.

JacobChris
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you for the info! I'm so indecisive, but I'll finally activate it today. Appreciate the help.

Yes, correct, $60 total savings over a 6 month time frame as long as you remain on a $35 or higher plan.

This promo was fairly common a year ago when I switched to PM but then they vanished seemingly for good. Nice to see it back again. The only thing better that I have seen in the last year was this promo combined with the $25/$25 referral credit where new customer received a $25 rather than $10 credit if using a referral code plus the person whos referral code was used also received a $25 credit.

AE_Collector

Lisa6

It definitely sounds like it's a total of $60 savings...$10 per month for 6 months 

JacobChris

Silly question, but is this $10 per month for 6 months? ($60 total savings)

I've been holding off activating my SIM card to wait for any Black Friday deals, but this promo seems pretty great.
Thank you! 

@Tiana_V wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Tiana_V  - Is this available at all authorized retailers including Walmart and London Drugs?

No, Walmart and London Drugs are not participating in this sale. 

I am not certain how these two dealers could "not be participating?" The activation is identical to any other activation. It is having selected a $35 or higher plan that triggers PM to apply the 6 - $10 credits after the fact.

In the past, you were able to change plans during the first 6 months, the only warning needed is that if you change to a less than $35/month plan the $10 credits will be discontinued and switching again to a $35+ plan will not reactivate the $10 credits. I suspect that is really the situation here.

A couple if things that make me happy here in the announcement:

- This is is a 1 week promo, not 48 hours.

- It is pointed out that you can activate at a dealer or Do it Yourself at Home "online".

- It is pointed out that it might take up to 1 week to receive a sim if ordered online.

- It is pointed out that you can get your sim elsewhere.

AE_Collector

@Tiana_V wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Tiana_V  - Is this available at all authorized retailers including Walmart and London Drugs?

@Tiana_V, how does probably the two biggest retailers of PM not participate in the sale?  Aren't the credits added by PM after the plan is activated so it shouldn't matter where it was activated (any retailer/at home) as long as it is over $35.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Thanks for the clarifications!

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Tiana_V wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

Strange.  The discount is applied post activation. On the surface, this really has nothing to do with the retailer. Maybe there is another promo in the works for those 2

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Nice to see the end date for this deal before black Friday.  This leaves room for an even better deal.  Looking forward to something with augmented data.  Smiley Happy

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Again with a promo needing a $35 plan 😞

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Great promo:)

Up spread the word too

Lisa6

Wow this is awesome to try to get friends to join!

@computergeek541 wrote:

@computergeek541I would assume so, since London Drugs, Walmart is listed  on their Participating Retailers https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/store-locator

Need Help? Let's chat.