cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Until November 21, get $10 off for the first 6 months when you activate on a $35/mo plan or more

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

This offer has been extended to Sunday November 24th, 2019 11:59PM EST. 

Hey Community,

Effective immediately to November 21, 2019 at 11:59PM ET, new customers who activate online or in-store at participating retailers on a $35/mo plan or higher will receive $10 off for the first 6 months. This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online through Public Mobile (shipping time is 3 to 7 business days) or order through Amazon and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a participating retailer.
  2. Activate in-store OR visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home.
  3. Follow the step-by-step instructions for activating online until you get to step 3, “Plans and Add-Ons”.
  4. Be sure to select a plan $35/mo or more.
  5. Continue through the rest of the steps.

Here’s what else you should know:

• Only plans $35/mo or greater are eligible for this offer.
  • Eligible customers will receive $10 credit for months 1-6, then resume paying full price from month 7 and onwards. Credit is non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash.
  • The first credit will be applied to all eligible accounts within 30 days of activation. Remaining credits will be applied prior to each renewal date.
  • You will also be able to see the credits you’ve received by logging in to Self-Serve.
  • If you switch your rate plan, OR fall into a suspend or inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for this promotion.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- Public Mobile Community Team

298 REPLIES 298

Antikz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Well this sucks! Lol I’ve been contemplating changing my plan to the $50 one with 8gb of 3G rather than the $40 plan I currently have with 5gb. Originally I had the 6gb $50 plan. This $10 saved would make it a no brainer lol.

if I never needed my number for my business I’d set up a new account for sure just to get the deal!

If there is a $10 difference between the two accounts are you certain it isn't the $10 referral credit showing on your daughters account and possibly you created your account first without a referral so no $10 credit?

Somecarecreporting they get $10 off their first payment right when they activate. But if it charged full price then the credit will arrive in your account within your first 30 day's. So no need to contact anyone

Determine if you each used referral codes which gets you a $10 credit that usually shows up in your accounts available funds within 48;hours.

Determine if you each paid full price olds taxes on activation or if you were charged $10 less than full price.

AE_Collector

milliemjohnson
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The additional 500MB of data when you sign up for autopay.

milliemjohnson

The discount is not showing in my rewards.  My plan cost is $40, and there is nothing to indicate that I will receive $10 off per month for the next 6 months.  My daughter signed up to PM two days ago like I did and chose the exact same plan and the $10 discount is showing in her account under "rewards". Who can I contact to verify that I will get the discount for 6 months? It's the reason I joined. This is frustrating not knowing how to contact a moderator. The bot named Simon provided a link for me to come here to connect with a moderator and I don't see where they are. Apparently a ticket was created and I still haven't heard from anyone. 

milliemjohnson

I don't know what you mean. I wasn't an existing customer when I signed up two days ago and I should of gotten the $10 discount per month for the first 6 months and I didn't.

A little more about the first $10 credit reducing the initial activation price Versus it showing up as a credit a little while after activation.

A friend activated on the $35 plan yesterday. He went to the Mobile Shop to get a SIM card and asked if they give a free sim with new activations. Not certain what the answer was to that question but both employees were tied up with other customers for some time until one of the employees asked if my friend wanted to do it himself at home and gave him a sim card no charge.

I think it was the third attempt that was succesful after getting Error 404's and then trying again later each time. Initially it looked that the $35 plan price was reduced by $10 to $25 but then the error happened. Once he was succesful the activation went through at ful $35 price and presumably a $10 credit will follow.

So, it is possible that hitting the Error 404 during activation somehow kills the $10 reduction in the initial price, changing it to a $10 credit to follow.

AE_Collector

@wasimmarjan wrote:

yes it is a 40 dollar plan i activated

You should be fine then.  I'm not sure why some people are getting the discount applied during activation, but the terms say up to 30 days. 

wasimmarjan

yes it is a 40 dollar plan i activated

@wasimmarjan wrote:

i do not see any details on my account regarding me having this promotion .

Did you activate a $35 or higher plan?

@wasimmarjan wrote:

@wasimmarjan 

Generally, the self service account will not show the details of these special promotions.  You will just get the credit.  You should get the $10 credit within 30 days of sign up and then at each renewal date for the following 5 months. 

wasimmarjan

Gerry_P
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yes you will. It's on till the 21st.

wasimmarjan

HI,

So i just activated a new sim today, i was wondering if i got the promotion for 10 dollars off for next six months.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@milliemjohnson wrote:

if I wait until my next renewal the promotion will be expired by then. Will they honour it if it wasn't applied when I signed up?

Existing customers can't get this offer.

@milliemjohnson  just started with PM yesterday. Wanted to know why billing didn't look right and why the autopay data wasn't applied.

@milliemjohnson wrote:

if I wait until my next renewal the promotion will be expired by then. Will they honour it if it wasn't applied when I signed up?

Existing customers can't get this offer.

@milliemjohnson 

I am sorry, not following you. What additional data? The current promo is a $10 credit every month for 6 months if you activate a new account on a $35/or higher plan.

AE_Collector

milliemjohnson

milliemjohnson

I did sign up for auto pay and wasn't given the additional data either yet.

c@cellphoneuser1 wrote:

@LitlLdy wrote:

I am wondering if Public Mobile updates their Facebook page with these deals? I could not find these new deals posted and thought it was another great option to share directly from Public Mobiles Facebook page to share on people’s Facebooks and bring more customers 🤔. Maybe this is a dumb idea but was worth asking. 

They do have a facebook page but don't seem to use it much. It isn't used for support so they probably don't want people trying to contact them for accont specific issues.

I know they have a Facebook page. What I was saying is if it was updated with current promotions it could be shared easily to many people and we can include our referral codes at the same time. Also, when you select contact them on message section it opens up to their website which is good. I did not even know there was a promotion until I saw it listed from a small local independent business. I was just trying to get more word out to those of us that would not otherwise know. I have never heard of Public Mobile. So I know several people that also have not. 

@LitlLdy wrote:

I am wondering if Public Mobile updates their Facebook page with these deals? I could not find these new deals posted and thought it was another great option to share directly from Public Mobiles Facebook page to share on people’s Facebooks and bring more customers 🤔. Maybe this is a dumb idea but was worth asking. 

They do have a facebook page but don't seem to use it much. It isn't used for support so they probably don't want people trying to contact them for accont specific issues.

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@milliemjohnson wrote:

I switched to public mobile and signed up yesterday but was not given the $10 off per month for 6 months.  I chose the $40 plan with 4.5G.  My next billing cycle is showing a charge of $40 instead of $30.  How do I contact a moderator on here to check this for me?

There is no need to contact the moderators for this issue.  As stated in the promo announcement the first credit will be applied to your account and show up in Available Funds within 30 days and all other $10 credits will be applied just before your renewal for that 30 day period.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@milliemjohnson  BTW...if you sign up for autopay you will recieve $2 reward and an extra 500mb of data.

@milliemjohnson wrote:

I switched to public mobile and signed up yesterday but was not given the $10 off per month for 6 months.  I chose the $40 plan with 4.5G.  My next billing cycle is showing a charge of $40 instead of $30.  How do I contact a moderator on here to check this for me?

@milliemjohnson  The credit/discount is being applied a little randomly. It will appear in your account transaction history by your next renewal. If it doesnt then contact a moderator then.

Obice
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@milliemjohnson wrote:

Go to your messages > then in the "Send to" field search for the Moderator_Team > Type out your message and send it off...

milliemjohnson

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Try to get my friends know!

@LitlLdy  I've had many follies in my switch to public mobile and didn't even know about the community just kind of stumbled upon pm by chance and after searching for a deal and a referral code for six weeks during the great promo drought of the summer of 2019 I just finally switched on a whim when I got a ride to town from my campsite at the lake while on vacation. I switched my freedom phone from their $40 plan to the exact same $40 pm plan but saved $2 w/autopay and gained Canada wide coverage. So at least I had service with no roaming fees. The next day pm put a flash sale on and London drugs offered a free SIM card w/ in store activation. What?!! I did after much persistence get LD to refund the sim card. As you said lesson learned. It took me another 2 weeks to join the community and set up my self serve account. But thru all that and a crash course on all things technology thanks to the community I've been posting, sharing, learning and helping my way to community rewards. Top 25% for $2 in August to wow top 5% the last 2 months. I now have (thx to some referral rewards as well) one free phone account and a 1/2 price main account. All your posts already are counting towards a community reward and we often learn more from our mistakes than anything else. Sharing personal experience is much more relatable for new users than rattling off pointers, links and simon instructions (not that they arent important and useful). But what makes a the community  is not only the help but sharing of personal stories....the human experience  it's what connects us all. Keep up the good work! You are already an important part of the community by way of your contributions.

@Gerry_P wrote:

I just bought my SIM card today from Matt Carr Repair in Thunder Bay. Awesome service, he had me set up on the $40 plan and my number ported over in minutes. There was a glitch though because my data wouldn't work and he had to go in to my phone settings and reset (APN?)  Then it was all good. The data problem was due to my phone being purchased on Amazon apparently although when I first bought the phone and swapped  my  sim card from the LG to the F1 it worked right away. But that was probably because the SIM was already registered on the Tbaytel network at the time. 

Big shout out to Matt Carr for the great service and he even let me use a referral code. 😁👍🏼 So glad I was able to get the promo before the deadline!

I really wish I had of done more research and asked and you did the right things. When I saw Irvine iPhone Repair post about Public Mobile’s deal I should have asked if they sell Sim Cards. I have never been there so went to Walmart for rude, unhelpful Customer Service and was turned away without a Sim Card being told they don’t and never have sold them. I could have easily messaged Irvine iPhone Repair business on Facebook and asked right from home, for free and response within 5 minutes! Kicking myself. Instead ordered a Sim Card and waited a few days to get it in the mail. If you saw my posts of all the issues I had I could have also went to that business and asked for help and likely received it. I did not know all that. Lesson learned. Now passing on all this info and sharing for people that have not yet signed up. Support local independent businesses. They appreciate you more. I could have had phone service the same day opposed to over a week later.  

Gerry_P
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

New subscriber. Thanks for the warm welcome 😊

Need Help? Let's chat.