cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Until November 21, get $10 off for the first 6 months when you activate on a $35/mo plan or more

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

This offer has been extended to Sunday November 24th, 2019 11:59PM EST. 

Hey Community,

Effective immediately to November 21, 2019 at 11:59PM ET, new customers who activate online or in-store at participating retailers on a $35/mo plan or higher will receive $10 off for the first 6 months. This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online through Public Mobile (shipping time is 3 to 7 business days) or order through Amazon and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a participating retailer.
  2. Activate in-store OR visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home.
  3. Follow the step-by-step instructions for activating online until you get to step 3, “Plans and Add-Ons”.
  4. Be sure to select a plan $35/mo or more.
  5. Continue through the rest of the steps.

Here’s what else you should know:

• Only plans $35/mo or greater are eligible for this offer.
  • Eligible customers will receive $10 credit for months 1-6, then resume paying full price from month 7 and onwards. Credit is non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash.
  • The first credit will be applied to all eligible accounts within 30 days of activation. Remaining credits will be applied prior to each renewal date.
  • You will also be able to see the credits you’ve received by logging in to Self-Serve.
  • If you switch your rate plan, OR fall into a suspend or inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for this promotion.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- Public Mobile Community Team

298 REPLIES 298

@rloch22 wrote:

I went to London Drugs yesterday to buy a PM SIM card and they informed me they are no longer selling PM SIM cards.  I asked if it was just their store and they said no it was all London Drugs stores.  I am in BC -- so I do not know if this applies Canada wide.

The same with Walmart here in NB. It showed they sell them so I went to buy one and they told me that Walmart does not sell sim cards. Only phones with sim cards! So I waited a few days to receive it in the mail. 

@rloch22 

That is not good news at all. Will have to check that myself out of curiosity. Where in BC did you try, I am in Coquitlam and have sent several to LD at Coquitlam Center.

AE_Collector

rloch22
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I went to London Drugs yesterday to buy a PM SIM card and they informed me they are no longer selling PM SIM cards.  I asked if it was just their store and they said no it was all London Drugs stores.  I am in BC -- so I do not know if this applies Canada wide.

@Nezgar wrote:

@qianhann wrote:

Does anyone know what's the problem?

There is no problem. The credit happens automatically after activation. It's nothing to do with the normal activation process.

From what I have heard, this promotion DOES lower the initial price by $10. I am not certain at what point in the process the price drops but I wouldn't worry too much beyond ensuring that you are choosing a $35 or higher plan. If the price doesn't wind up $10 lower at the end of the activation and if no additional $10 credit shows up in your self serve account a week or 10 days after activating, it will be easy to have the error fixed by moderators as long as activated by the evening of November 21.

side note: PM uses eastern time zone so all promos end at 9 PM Pacific. Theoretically then people in the maritimes could activate up to 1 or ebpven 1:30 AM Nov 22 but I would be worried about the Nov 22 date stamp messing that up so get it done before midnight!! 

AE_Collector

Obice
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@LitlLdyYou just registered yesterday, I hadn't realized.

Welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

@qianhann wrote:

I don't see a $10 off under the promotions now when I am going to activate my sim card , but I saw it last night.

I received my $10 off promotion automatically when I signed up with one of the qualifying plans. 

@qianhann wrote:

There is no problem. The credit happens automatically after activation. It's nothing to do with the normal activation process.

qianhann

qianhann

I don't see a $10 off under the promotions now when I am going to activate my sim card , but I saw it last night.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Gerry_P
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

As I interpret it, new activations only. Since you are already a customer they are not going to spend money on you. It's intended as an incentive to gain new customers.

@Garry wrote:

I was going to upgrade my $45/6.5gb plan to $50/8.5gb plan to get the $10off for 6 months. Do I qualify as a plan change or is it only new activations?

@Garry 

Only for new activations.  Existing plans don't qualify

Garry

I was going to upgrade my $45/6.5gb plan to $50/8.5gb plan to get the $10off for 6 months. Do I qualify as a plan change or is it only new activations?

Obice

@LitlLdy  Permission?

@Obice wrote:

@LitlLdy wrote:

@Obice wrote:

@mimmoI really don't know how else to put it other than to say this.

Lets pretend that there is only the $40 plan that Public Mobile is offering. Lets also pretend that a second tier provider like Fido only has a $45 plan. After tax these are $45.20 and $50.85 respectively.

For the former offer via Public Mobile a customer is getting unlimited calling and unlimited international texting plus a sweet 5GB of data at 3mbps. For the latter offer via Fido a customer is getting unlimited calling and unlimited international texting plus a sweet 2GB of data at an average speed of about 25mbps (in my experience).

Now, notice how these 2 offers are so very closely priced just with their own caveats? I'd prefer 2GB at a higher speed than 5GB at a lower speed, personally. As a frivulous consumer might say... What's an extra $5?

Having said all that, I am fine paying my $25 a month until something better comes along... something I "cannot" refuse, sort of speak.

True, for someone like me though I need to save as much money as I can and I have wifi at home and most places I go so data is not a concern. A plan on here will be enough for me. It just depends on the persons needs and what’s available to them along with income. 

If that is what works for you, great. More power to you.

Exactly. No permission needed 🤣

Obice

I wonder what users of third tier services did before third tier services were made available. I guess they either paid the premium because they "had" to or they found other means.

Obice

@LitlLdy wrote:

@Obice wrote:

Lets pretend that there is only the $40 plan that Public Mobile is offering. Lets also pretend that a second tier provider like Fido only has a $45 plan. After tax these are $45.20 and $50.85 respectively.

For the former offer via Public Mobile a customer is getting unlimited calling and unlimited international texting plus a sweet 5GB of data at 3mbps. For the latter offer via Fido a customer is getting unlimited calling and unlimited international texting plus a sweet 2GB of data at an average speed of about 25mbps (in my experience).

Now, notice how these 2 offers are so very closely priced just with their own caveats? I'd prefer 2GB at a higher speed than 5GB at a lower speed, personally. As a frivulous consumer might say... What's an extra $5?

Having said all that, I am fine paying my $25 a month until something better comes along... something I "cannot" refuse, sort of speak.

True, for someone like me though I need to save as much money as I can and I have wifi at home and most places I go so data is not a concern. A plan on here will be enough for me. It just depends on the persons needs and what’s available to them along with income. 

If that is what works for you, great. More power to you.

@Obice wrote:

Obice

@Gerry_P wrote:

Thanks for all the great info. I'm going to go with the $40 plan. It's $20 less than in paying now for 3 GB of data. And I will use the Autopay option for the extra $2 off. I've already checked my phone and it's fully compatible. (Umidigi F1)

If a friend gave you a referral code you’ll also get a 1 time $10 off. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Obice wrote:

I see you are a person of quantity over quality.

@Obice  No I am actually a person who prefers value for money.  I, like many others have found that here at PM.  Else we would have left. Most of my family is on the  $40 5 gb plans, as that is what we need, and tehre have been no issues with speed complaints.  

As for quantity over quality,  the quality of PM service is the same on all plans and price points.  How you infered I prefer quantity over quality from my statement  that there are many happy users of 3Mbs speed with big data buckets.

Gerry_P

Thanks for all the great info. I'm going to go with the $40 plan. It's $20 less than in paying now for 3 GB of data. And I will use the Autopay option for the extra $2 off. I've already checked my phone and it's fully compatible. (Umidigi F1)

Obice

Make no mistake or assumption... I ain't paying for a second tier provider. I have before and I grinded my teeth paying $62/mo and quite frankly... this is where I might be called crazy and I don't care... I sorta grind my teeth paying $25/mo for what a subscriber gets.

Obice

@mimmo wrote:

@Obice   the capped 3Mbs is actually sufficient for most users.  there are may users that are on the 8gb plan or even the promoed, (when it was offered) 12gb plan at 3Mbs 

Koodo has a promo on right now (1gb +1gb promo) for  $45 and (2gb +2gb) for $55.  that is quite a steep jump when compared to PM offerings.  I would take PM plans and saving + rewards any day.

I see you are a person of quantity over quality.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Obice   the capped 3Mbs is actually sufficient for most users.  there are may users that are on the 8gb plan or even the promoed, (when it was offered) 12gb plan at 3Mbs 

Koodo has a promo on right now (1gb +1gb promo) for  $45 and (2gb +2gb) for $55.  that is quite a steep jump when compared to PM offerings.  I would take PM plans and saving + rewards any day.

Obice

If you are looking to save money which seems to be the ultimate goal being with Public, Lucky or Chatr I recommend only paying for the $15 plan or $25 plan. If you intend to pay more than that you are better off just going with Fido, Koodo or Virgin for the more premium service.

Here you will get quite a lot of data, sure, but that data is capped with 3mbps while if you are paying $40 that performance could be boosted with Fido, Koodo or Virgin since they not only offer 4G/LTE speeds for data but also actual/physical customer support.

...just my 2 cents...

@Gerry_P wrote:

Yes and also Walmart so I could go to either of those too I guess. But I like to support a local business so I'll try Matt Carr first.

@Gerry_P  On the same page with that. Whichever plan you choose just stay away from the $35 it is poor value. Only consider $40+ you pay approx $10 for each additional 3,5gb of data. $40 is best unless you use a lot of data...for $5 more than $35 plan you get 3.5gb more (5gb total w/autopay). $2autopay reward and $10 discount only $28 a month for 6 months. If you are activating at home read the getting started articles first and come ask questions. We're happy to help.

Gerry_P

Yes and also Walmart so I could go to either of those too I guess. But I like to support a local business so I'll try Matt Carr first.

@Gerry_P wrote:

Okay thanks, I'll go to Matt Carr on Monday, he is an authorized dealer.

Do you have a Superstore?

Gerry_P

Okay thanks, I'll go to Matt Carr on Monday, he is an authorized dealer.

Need Help? Let's chat.