cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Until November 21, get $10 off for the first 6 months when you activate on a $35/mo plan or more

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

This offer has been extended to Sunday November 24th, 2019 11:59PM EST. 

Hey Community,

Effective immediately to November 21, 2019 at 11:59PM ET, new customers who activate online or in-store at participating retailers on a $35/mo plan or higher will receive $10 off for the first 6 months. This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online through Public Mobile (shipping time is 3 to 7 business days) or order through Amazon and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a participating retailer.
  2. Activate in-store OR visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home.
  3. Follow the step-by-step instructions for activating online until you get to step 3, “Plans and Add-Ons”.
  4. Be sure to select a plan $35/mo or more.
  5. Continue through the rest of the steps.

Here’s what else you should know:

• Only plans $35/mo or greater are eligible for this offer.
  • Eligible customers will receive $10 credit for months 1-6, then resume paying full price from month 7 and onwards. Credit is non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash.
  • The first credit will be applied to all eligible accounts within 30 days of activation. Remaining credits will be applied prior to each renewal date.
  • You will also be able to see the credits you’ve received by logging in to Self-Serve.
  • If you switch your rate plan, OR fall into a suspend or inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for this promotion.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- Public Mobile Community Team

298 REPLIES 298

@Gerry_P  Unfortunately no. Where are you located? Maybe you can go to a retail location.

Gerry_P
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If I order a Sim card today will I get the promo even if my card doesn't arrive by the 21

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Kdhillon wrote:

I didn't receive any credit at the activation time. 

Was it a $35 plan or higher that you activated?   I'm hearing mixed signals about when the credit gets applied and also about whether Walmart or London Drugs activations are eligible.

@computergeek541  I dont think it was ever cleared up but my argument if it wasn't applied would be the directive to the link to find a participating retailer. When I went to the map it showed my 2 favourite little guys...apple and berry.....and.....go mobile repair...followed by London drugs and others farther afield. I did not expand the map to see if walmart appeared....they are not on my radar.

@Kdhillon wrote:

Was it a $35 plan or higher that you activated?   I'm hearing mixed signals about when the credit gets applied and also about whether Walmart or London Drugs activations are eligible.

@Kdhillon wrote:
Spoiler
Thank you for your help .
What about the referral credit? 

@KdhillonThe referral credit of $10 for your new activation (and your friends referral reward of $1) should show up in your transaction history under payments in your account right away. However it can take up to 72 hrs. If it does not appear by then contact the moderators  by clicking the (?) At the bottom right of your screen and submit a ticket via simon. Have your friends referral code just in case you need it.

Kdhillon

Thanks for your help again. 

@Kdhillon 

@Kdhillon wrote:
Spoiler

$10 referral credit within 72 hours, but usually the first 24 hours.  

Kdhillon
Spoiler

@Kdhillon wrote:

@Kdhillon 

You will receive the first $10 credit within 30 days, subsequent credit at each renewal date.

Kdhillon

I am new to public mobile,  wasn't sure if it would actually work. Have been thinking about switching for long time but wasn't sure about the network.  Yesterday finally I made a move and pretty impressed with it. 

Kdhillon

Kdhillon

The mobile shop sell only sim.

@darlicious wrote:

@cellphoneuser1 wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

Wal-Mart's wishy-washy policy on the sale of pm SIM cards makes no sense to me. The increasing inability to buy just a SIM card is slowly but effectively ruining their reputation. It definitely has a low opinion on this community's forum. Obviously they buy in bulk and if you can get them for $7 and even lower online then there is still a good profit to be made by selling them in volume. That is the basis of Wal-Mart's business plan.

The wireless departement isn't run by Walmart. So, while it may be against Walmart's values and Walmart probably doesn't impose certain rules upon the company running it, customers really aren't dealing with Walmart when trying to get a sim card there.

@cellphoneuser1  I'm well aware (although I'm sure many are not) that the wireless department isn't run by Wal-Mart but they are approved and authorized to sell within their retail locations. I'm quite sure there is a minimum standard that is required by Wal-Mart for them to operate within a Wal-Mart location. Public mobile and Wal-Mart have a licensing agreement to be an authorized dealer and as such whatever standards pm and Wal-Mart have agreed to have to be upheld by the business running the mobility department. It seems to me that as it varies from location to location that some of these independently run departments have chosen to implement their own directives to their employees regardless of what is supposed to be upheld in their licensing agreement. If customers don't complain than Wal-Mart has no reason enforce the requirements in those agreements. If you don't know something needs fixing it stays broken.

There have been many complaints about multiple WalMart locations.  One of the mods was the contact and we could supply here the store location and a description of what went on.  Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like that led to any change even though we have always been told that Walmart is like other retailers and is supposed to sell just SIM cards if that is what the customer wants.  The best we can do is to steer potential customers to different retailers if they have the option.  Walmart has been an issue since the retail rollout

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@cellphoneuser1 wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

Wal-Mart's wishy-washy policy on the sale of pm SIM cards makes no sense to me. The increasing inability to buy just a SIM card is slowly but effectively ruining their reputation. It definitely has a low opinion on this community's forum. Obviously they buy in bulk and if you can get them for $7 and even lower online then there is still a good profit to be made by selling them in volume. That is the basis of Wal-Mart's business plan.

The wireless departement isn't run by Walmart. So, while it may be against Walmart's values and Walmart probably doesn't impose certain rules upon the company running it, customers really aren't dealing with Walmart when trying to get a sim card there.

@cellphoneuser1  I'm well aware (although I'm sure many are not) that the wireless department isn't run by Wal-Mart but they are approved and authorized to sell within their retail locations. I'm quite sure there is a minimum standard that is required by Wal-Mart for them to operate within a Wal-Mart location. Public mobile and Wal-Mart have a licensing agreement to be an authorized dealer and as such whatever standards pm and Wal-Mart have agreed to have to be upheld by the business running the mobility department. It seems to me that as it varies from location to location that some of these independently run departments have chosen to implement their own directives to their employees regardless of what is supposed to be upheld in their licensing agreement. If customers don't complain than Wal-Mart has no reason enforce the requirements in those agreements. If you don't know something needs fixing it stays broken.

maougha
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks everyone! I had actually wondered if I had found a way to mix something up. hah, but then figured it would appear on the next month. No big deal if I get it or not. The plan is already better and cheaper than what I had! 

@maougha wrote:

Hi! I had a quick question, and it's probably going to sound dumb. I'll most likely see the answer while I browse the thread. 

But when it says it'll apply the code on the 1st month. Would that actually be the activation/when I pay for the plan? Or would it be the first bill coming up in December? I didn't see the special off creditted today when I sat it up at home. Just the 2 dollars. 

When credits show up in your account is much like tossing a coin. Public Mobile sometimes gvies this promotional credits to the customer immediately and the customers ends up paying less at the time of activation. Other times, customers need to pay full price at the time of activation and then wait for a credit. However, the promotional details almost always say that the customer needs to wait until a later time to receive the account credits, even for for times when they did end up getting applied immediately. No one really seems to know which will happen until the promotion starts and customers who have signed up report back.

@maougha 
If you activated today on a $35 or higher plan you should have been charged $10 less than your plan cost initially. During the next 30 days you should see a $10 credit show up like tge $2 Autopay credit showed up. Usually this extra $10 credit can take dats or a week to show up.

AE_Collector

@Obice wrote:

Hmmm, take $10 off permanently and then we could be in business. Smiley Very Happy

Public Mobile came close at one point. There was a promo is the past that included Canada-wide calling, international text messaging, and 2GB of 3g data for $30 if one wants to compared that to the regular $35 plan. 

maougha

Hi! I had a quick question, and it's probably going to sound dumb. I'll most likely see the answer while I browse the thread. 

But when it says it'll apply the code on the 1st month. Would that actually be the activation/when I pay for the plan? Or would it be the first bill coming up in December? I didn't see the special off creditted today when I sat it up at home. Just the 2 dollars. 

@darlicious wrote:

Wal-Mart's wishy-washy policy on the sale of pm SIM cards makes no sense to me. The increasing inability to buy just a SIM card is slowly but effectively ruining their reputation. It definitely has a low opinion on this community's forum. Obviously they buy in bulk and if you can get them for $7 and even lower online then there is still a good profit to be made by selling them in volume. That is the basis of Wal-Mart's business plan. Sell lots of different products in bulk in a large retail outlet and catch many different retailers customers by allowing them to only have to shop at one place. Like McD's $1 coffee promotions....they make a profit by selling in volume but also make additional coin because a certain percentage of customers will then make an additional purchase of a muffin, apple pie or a burger. Wal-Mart is losing out on the potential additional sale of a SIM card only buyer who remembers they need laundry detergent, a bottle of pop or notice the sale on socks as they make their way out of the store. Instead of a happy customer leaving they have an unhappy or angry customer leaving vowing to never return and telling 10 of their friends about their negative experience. It is short sighted and poor retail sales/business practice.

@Obice wrote:

Not really, I'm referring to deals $35 and above. 😛 That is what this thread is about after all.

You are missing my point. If you want the $40 plan then fair enough grabbing it on this promo. But for the $35 plan unless the extra 1/2Gb of data over the $25 plan is a big benefit to you, this promo isn't really worth the effort,

AE_Collector

minelsonbc

Hi @Tiana_V ,

I am a new member as of yesterday, and when I got set up at a kiosk they automatically set me at a $25 plan, but I would like to be on a $40 plan. Once my phone was activated I recieved this new offer notification. How do I upgrade my plan so that I can include this offer, since it I wasn't aware of it until after activating my Public Mobile account?

Thanks,

Mel

Obice
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@darlicious wrote:

@AE_Collector wrote:

@Obice wrote:

Hmmm, take $10 off permanently and then we could be in business. Smiley Very Happy

Well, you are in luck! PM can come very close to your ideal plan.

Skip this promo, go with the $25 plan (there is the permant $10 reduction) that has 1Gb and you have what you want, the only loss is the relatively small reduction from 1.5Gb to 1Gb of data. 

AE_Collector

@Obice  I only partially agree with @AE_Collector . Yes the $25 plan ($23w/autopay +500mb to make it 1gb total) is a good deal and if your not heavy handed with your data and maximize data saving options and wifi 1gb of data is plenty. However if you take the promo into consideration then the $25 plan does not qualify and the $35 is a waste of money. The minimum plan to consider for this promo is the $40 plan. With autopay $38 and 5gb of data. More than enough for most people. The promo reduces it to $28 per month only $5 more than the $25($23w/ap) with 4gb more data. You have 6 months to play with your data, check app usage, track your usage, figure what uses a lot what doesn't, splurge a little when you're away from WiFi just test away. Then when the six months are up and change to the $25. By then you'll know exactly how to stay within your data limit and only spent $5 more per month.

If I was going to spend $35 a month on a phone plan it would mostly likely be with a second tier provider because not only would I get more data it would also be at faster speeds.

Having said that, I said my original statement in a more sarcastic manner... give people more for their money. Taking away a percent for a short time frame to get them into it is not giving more to me, it's luring.

Obice
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@AE_Collector wrote:

@Obice wrote:

Skip this promo, go with the $25 plan (there is the permant $10 reduction) that has 1Gb and you have what you want, the only loss is the relatively small reduction from 1.5Gb to 1Gb of data. 

AE_Collector

Not really, I'm referring to deals $35 and above. 😛 That is what this thread is about after all.

@darlicious 

Agreed, the $35 plan is a silly offering by PM. I never quote it to friends, just the $25/$23 for 1Gb or $40/$38 for 5Gb. If someone looks at this promo and the $35/1Gb plan, the first thing they should ask themselves is if they could get by with 1/2Gb less on the $25 plan. If so, this promo is a waste of time for them. The only logical thing to do is go crazy and get the $40 plan.

AE_Collector

@darlicious wrote:

@AE_Collector wrote:

@Obice wrote:

AE_Collector

@Obice  I only partially agree with @AE_Collector . Yes the $25 plan ($23w/autopay +500mb to make it 1gb total) is a good deal and if your not heavy handed with your data and maximize data saving options and wifi 1gb of data is plenty. However if you take the promo into consideration then the $25 plan does not qualify and the $35 is a waste of money. The minimum plan to consider for this promo is the $40 plan. With autopay $38 and 5gb of data. More than enough for most people. The promo reduces it to $28 per month only $5 more than the $25($23w/ap) with 4gb more data. You have 6 months to play with your data, check app usage, track your usage, figure what uses a lot what doesn't, splurge a little when you're away from WiFi just test away. Then when the six months are up and change to the $25. By then you'll know exactly how to stay within your data limit and only spent $5 more per month.

Apparently my brain wasn't working when I signed up today! ha-ha. I didn't think of that. I signed up for the $35 plan.

Well they (Walmart) definitely sell sim cards if you have them activate it on PM.  No need to buy a phone! Do they even sell phones? I guess they probably do. Obviously PM pays dealers a fee for new activations.

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector wrote:

@Obice wrote:

AE_Collector

@cellphoneuser1 wrote:

@LitlLdy wrote:

Maybe at this Walmart they either didn't know or didn't want to bother ringing one up but said they don't sell sim cards. They were walking around bored, ha-ha.

I suggest ordering online. There's no need to look for a sim card.

I ended up ordering online. It would have been instant phone service if I could have purchased a sim right away opposed to phone service a week later by receiving a sim in the mail.

Need Help? Let's chat.