cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Until January 1 - Get a $25 Credit for You and Your Friend by Referring them to Public Mobile

@z10user4 wrote:

@

@

@

I agree with your suggestion. Anything to make things less ambiguous. I don't like the word "next" on the free month promo. I suspect that in marketing, one doesn't want to say the negative ie. "not" in-store. The positive side is "online". But I don't get paid to do marketing so what do I know 🙂

The rest of my post was my curiosity asking you what all you saw them do.

Ah, thought you were just being sarcastic lol. The guy did sign into a portal first, which was what I thought back on when I came home and started to figure out what had happened. It dawned on me pretty quickly at that point that whatever he signed into first allowed it to be tracked as an in-store sign-up.

And I know what you mean about the negative language. Maybe even preceed the text with "Online-only offer:..."? Something like that, I just think the way this offer was worded in the text I received, while explicit, still leaves the most room for confusion. We all screw up sometimes lol.

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Until January 1 - Get a $25 Credit for You and Your Friend by Referring them to Public Mobile

@lonegreyride wrote:

So, I'm new to the forum, and I can see that this issue of rewards being only available via online vs in-store activations is coming up quite regularly. I'm sure all the regular forum users are getting tired of this and look down on confused newcomers at least a little.

I just think that quite a lot of these issues could be solved very simply. When Public Mobile sends out the text with the offer, just put "(not in-store)" after "online". I know it's specifically stated, but one word is easy to gloss over. Also, as I've pointed out in what happened to me, when you go to Walmart for example, you'll see them type in activate.publicmobile.ca, which made me think it was the same as online.

Call me stupid, and I still know missing out on this offer is on me, but if PM really does want to help more people, those few characters could go a long way IMO.

Personally, I think that if PM really wants to see their business grow even more exponentially (not that their business is not growing, it is), they would credit users that ask, which have been duped/misled, or whatever you want to call it. After all, if the customer knows about the promo that led them to the store in the first place, the original advertising drew them in. So good customer service would recognize and acknowledge that and do somehting about it. This would create much stronger brand loyalty. And word of mouth is a very powerful form of advertising. Just MHO.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@pm-smayer97, but why fix a problem with credit for an improper activation, when the person selling in-store isn't actually selling the card?  Fix the distribution model, by getting rid of third-party vendors, and put the cards in Telus owned/rented/leased spaces so it can be done correctly in the first place?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@pm-smayer97 wrote:
After all, if the customer knows about the promo that led them to the store in the first place, the original advertising drew them in.

But there's no way to really know that is there?

I only heard about Public Mobile from some news article that mentioned them as another Telus property. I got to the site and saw the rates and said sign me up. Ran out and bought a SIM, brought it home, did all the sign-up, done.

It was only afterwards that I read about promos once I got into the community.

So a customer DOES know about promos. But what if they're just not very techy and can't be bothered to figure out how to do everything online and goes to a store and gets all going and THEN asks. I don't think that's right.

As I said after I signed up, I think there should be something like a 30 day price protection. Not competitive price matching. Something comes along from PM and you've just joined and "oh well hey I'd rather do that". Inside of that first pre-paid term. I think that would be reasonable.

But I think coming back for the ask is open to abuse. Come on. If you can't be bothered to or just aren't confident of your online skills then you shouldn't be able to ask for it afterwards. Especially something so fundamental as in-store or online.

Then there's the retailers....:)

Highlighted

to both @z10user4 and @stonechucker

first we have to recognize that there is no perfect system. And we certainly will not be able to fix any of the problems.

The price protection idea may be a good one. Many businesses use this. As for the issue of abuse, you have to recognize that relatively fewer people will be abusers. And also few will be bothered to come back to get that extra credit they feel they lost. 

But there is something about customer loyalty that is very powerful and often can outweigh the costs of a few abusers...because most cases will be legitimate...And  what of the abusers? PM would still gain an ongoing customer....this is one area where the benefits can far outweigh the risks. ..Just my thoughts.

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Just an update for others who may be in similar situations. I referred 3 new users and all were persuaded to activate in-store by salesperson as opposed to letting them just buy the sim and walk out. After 2 weeks of messaging moderators I was turned down on getting the $25/$25 referral offer. 

As a result, all 3 removed autopay, then removed their credit card on file, then changed their username to ???@???.com, and then cut up their SIM card.  Although they will most likely now sign up with Koodo, their dissatisfaction with PM left a very bitter experience.

Highlighted

@fanfan wrote:

Just an update for others who may be in similar situations. I referred 3 new users and all were persuaded to activate in-store by salesperson as opposed to letting them just buy the sim and walk out. After 2 weeks of messaging moderators I was turned down on getting the $25/$25 referral offer. 

As a result, all 3 removed autopay, then removed their credit card on file, then changed their username to ???@???.com, and then cut up their SIM card.  Although they will most likely now sign up with Koodo, their dissatisfaction with PM left a very bitter experience.

Thanks for sharing...PM ( @Alan_K@Brooke_C, etc), are you paying attention and noticing this?  This is what I am talking about just above... PM could do well by extending good will and gain loyal customers by "making it right". A customer with a problem that gets solved properly is a better customer and a good candidate for long term loyalty and a potential word of mouth advertiser ... "PM will take care of you".

Think about it!

Highlighted

Hello my name is Dereck M Paul and I didn't get the  $25 credit for referring a friend. ? I'm wondering what happened to it. . ? 

Highlighted

Hi did the friend register online and include your phone number for the referral?

Highlighted

Yes she said the person at the store did...because he asked my friend if anyone refered her and she said yes and gave him my name and number  and email address. But I checked my email address and there's nothing like that in the inbox. ?