cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Until January 1 - Get a $25 Credit for You and Your Friend by Referring them to Public Mobile

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

*This offer has been extended to January 1, 2019.

*This offer is online-only.

*Online SIM delivery may be longer than usual until Canada Post rotating strike has ended. For the time being, we recommend you pick up a SIM by visiting one of our retail partners. To find your nearest participating retail partner, click here.

Hey Community,

From November 15th, 2018 until January 1st, 2019, you and your friend can each get a $25 credit when you refer them to Public Mobile and they activate online.

Get the full scoop below.

Taking advantage of this promo is easy. Just follow these steps:

As a Public Mobile customer you need to:

1. Be a good pal and refer a friend to Public Mobile.
  2. Tell your friend that they need to successfully activate online on a 30 or 90-day plan during the promotional period and include you as their referrer in order to be eligible for the promotion.
  3. The one-time $25 credit will be applied to your Self-Serve account within 72 hours of your friend’s online activation. In addition, you will continue to be eligible for the $1 referral credit off your monthly bill for as long as your friend stays with Public Mobile.

Your friend will need to:

1. Activate a Public Mobile SIM card online on any 30 or 90-day plan at activate.publicmobile.ca.
  2. Enter your active Public Mobile phone number on the referral page during the activation process. Be sure they enter your number and not their own so you get credit for the referral.
  3. The one-time $25 credit will be applied to their Self-Serve account within 72 hours of activation.

FAQs and terms and conditions are below. Happy referring!

-Public Mobile Community team

FAQs:

Spoiler

Refer a Friend Promotion FAQs

1. If I am referred and then I refer a friend or family member am I eligible for both sender and receiver rewards?
    Yes, you are. This means that you would receive one $25 credit for being referred. Then, after activating with Public Mobile, you are eligible to take part in this promotion as a referral sender and earn $25 Refer-a-Friend credits during the promotional period. Learn more here.
  2. I am a Legacy customer. Am I eligible for these rewards?
    Legacy customers are not eligible for rewards. However, Legacy customers’ referrals are eligible for this offer, and can receive a one-time $25 account credit.
    To learn more about Reward eligibility and Rewards,visit publicmobile.ca/rewardrules . If you would like to take advantage of this promotional offer, our support team can help you switch your plan to one that is currently available.
  3. As the referral receiver, am I eligible for the ongoing $10 Refer a Friend Reward credit, as well as this $25 Refer a Friend credit?
    No, these credits are not stackable. Instead, you will receive a total of $25 via an account credit, rather than the ongoing $10 Refer-a-Friend Reward credit.
  4. When does this promotion end?
    This promotion will end January 1, 2019 11:59PM ET.

Terms and Conditions

Referral sender (current Public Mobile customer)

• All existing Refer a Friend eligibility requirements and rules apply. To learn more, visit publicmobile.ca/rewardrules.
    • While Legacy customers are not eligible for Public Mobile Refer a Friend rewards, Legacy customers’ referrals are eligible for this offer, and can receive a one-time $25 account credit.
    • You and your referee have to accept these terms to participate in the program.
    • You can only refer individuals with whom you have a personal or family relationship to ensure compliance with Canada's anti-spam legislation.  
    • You can’t refer yourself or an existing Public Mobile customer.
    • TELUS team members, contractors, sales representatives acting on TELUS's behalf and associates at retail locations who receive special pricing are excluded from this promotion.

Referral receiver (your friend)

• Must activate on a 30 or 90-day plan with Public Mobile.
    • You must input the referral information (referrer’s Public Mobile phone number) during your activation.
    • You and your referrer have to accept these terms to participate in the program.
    • After activating with Public Mobile, you are eligible to take part in this promotion as a referral sender.

OTHER

TELUS assumes no responsibility for lost, delayed, damaged or misdirected referrals or communications or for any failure of the website, for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or referral to be received by TELUS on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to your (or any other person's) computer related to or resulting from this program. TELUS reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, cancel or suspend this program should a virus, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of TELUS, corrupt the security or proper administration of the program or for any other reason. Referrals are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, unintelligible, falsified, altered or tampered with or unlawful in any way. Referrals submitted by unauthorized means will be disqualified. In the event that it has been determined that a referral has been made in a manner not sanctioned by these terms, you and all of you referrals will be disqualified from this program and any referral credits that have been awarded will be deducted. You agree to abide by the terms of this program and the decisions of the TELUS team, which are final. This program is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.

TELUS may end the promotion or change any of the terms at any time, without notice and without obligation to award any promotion.

PRIVACY

Your privacy is important to TELUS. We have a long-standing policy of protecting the privacy of our customers in all of our business operations. Please visit telus.com/privacy for more information on the principles that govern the collection, use and disclosure of personal information. These principles reflect our continuing commitment to protecting our customers' privacy.

343 REPLIES 343

@priss wrote:

Hey I signed up on 22nd Nov using a referral, and my husband signed up using my referral...

Neither of us got $25. In fact, one account should have 1 using referral code + 1 referring to the other, and another account should have 1 using referral code.

Both of us received $10 credit

😞 How do I get my bonus credit?

@priss, did you sign up  online or in a retail location?  The $25 was for online activation only.  As well you will not get $1 a month for using a referral code only the person who sends the referral code gets the $1 off.  By getting the $10 credit it looks like you have signed up at a retail location.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@tfchin

Did you register in store or online?  This promo is only for at home, online activations.  

If you did register at home, then you will need to contact moderators with your request.

send a private message to moderator through the following link :
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Include your phone number, account number and PIN.  Also, include your daughter's PM phone number.  

tfchin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I activated new SIM of Public Mobile on Nov25,2018 and my daughter refered me to Public Mobile which I have entered her Public Mobile number in the box under "Phone Number of friend who referred you".

Until Today Dec.05,2018, both my daughter and I have not received $25 credit! i.e.

"refer friend reward" shows $0.

Can Public Mobile please kindly provide the $25 credit for us?

Thanks.

Thau Fook Chin

Carld123

One will one wont..depends on. Many factors .and is not worth the debate ... 

@Carld123 wrote:

@abclilly

Its always the guy at walmart that gets blamed..he has a job and is told what to do..otherwise he has no job..its upto us .the consumer to decide how to spend our money ..and the détails to get a deal are always there..no sense complaining if you didnt reasearch first ...

Honesty is always the best policy.  If I was told to lie to customers, I would not do it.  Invariably, the customer will find out, tell the whole world about the terrible experience, the store gets less business and the first impact is on the compliant employee that lied to get a sale.  I think the short description is what goes around comes around.  That said, I would quietly tell the customer that I am not allowed by my boss to sell the SIM card without activation and point the customer to the competition who might sell unactivated SIM cards.  This approach only risks losing one customer instead of many. 

Carld123

@abclilly

Its always the guy at walmart that gets blamed..he has a job and is told what to do..otherwise he has no job..its upto us .the consumer to decide how to spend our money ..and the détails to get a deal are always there..no sense complaining if you didnt reasearch first ...

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@abclilly wrote:

The guy in the store told me I would get $25 credit too if I activate it in store. I thought ok. But I have gotton no credit except $1 referal reward. Do I need to cancel the number?

Let me guess.  That was a WM guy.

PM plan is prepaid.  There is no refund for prepaid plan in Canada.  You are wasting the cost of SIM card and your first 30 days plan payment.  Therefore, there is no point to start over again.

abclilly
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The guy in the store told me I would get $25 credit too if I activate it in store. I thought ok. But I have gotton no credit except $1 referal reward. Do I need to cancel the number?

popping

@priss wrote:

Hey I signed up on 22nd Nov using a referral, and my husband signed up using my referral...

Neither of us got $25. In fact, one account should have 1 using referral code + 1 referring to the other, and another account should have 1 using referral code.

It is correct if you activate your plans in-store - NOT online.

Read the OP post on this thread for details.

For normal referral, you will get $1/30days cycle as long as you husband stays with PM.  Your husband gets $10 referral credit.

Your activation will get $10 credit too.

Carld123

@priss

If you activated instore...you get 10...online 25...

priss

FRod

Yes , I applied online........and I did receive the credit within 72hrs.....Thanks for your response.

mimmo

@abclilly wrote:

Oh, I bought a sim card at store and activated at store today. Can I have the 25 credit?

No

abclilly

Oh, I bought a sim card at store and activated at store today. Can I have the 25 credit?

Louis1993

-( I need this issue resolved asap this so annoying it says I have a plan on my account when sing in but it says I dont when I call out. Cant text or receive anything and it also took my money says I have 0 funds available so because of the plan so why woul so I have no plan when it took my money and says on my profile I do I need my phone working i have kids like so annoyed right now and upset can anyone help

Louis1993

I paid my phome ot says I have a m

Plan on my account when I go to my account and when. I go make calls or text it says I dont have a plan I need help please in fixing this issue 

Louis1993

I paid my phome ot says I have a m

Plan on my account when I go to my account and when. I go make calls or text it says I dont have a plan I need help please in fixing this issue 

Louis1993

I paid my phone and now it wont let me.call or the text it saying I have no plan on my phone when I do I need help asap like I'm so confused I do have just put money on and it's not working 

pramod

You can use my number 289 200 3208 as referral code if you wish 

SD08

@Cinjin wrote:

I am going to be signing up tonight, how do I get a referral code?

@Cinjin

I've sent you a private message.

Cinjin

I am going to be signing up tonight, how do I get a referral code?

sprocket

For the time being, we recommend you pick up a SIM by visiting one of our retail partners. To find your nearest participating retail partner"

I tried this on Friday after a friend who's been referring me for some time brought this to my attention along with the $10 off a month for 6 months with plans of $30 or more. I finally gave in to her referrals because this offer and the plans are too good to refuse. I went to pick up a SIM at Walmart because who knows when things get through Canada Post right now and I need my phone and don't want to pay for another month with my previous provider too.

Well, the customer service I got at Walmart was terrible. I was not allowed to buy a SIM and activate it myself. He insisted it had to be activated in store. Not sure why, a sale is a sale unless they get commission on activations. He bad-mouthed Public Mobile and tried to get me to set up with Chatr or Lucky Mobile. To top it off I do not get the $25 credit or the $10 monthly credit. Poor service from Walmart for sure.

Carld123

@FRod

Within 72 hrs...you'll see it on your account page..you activated online correct??

FRod

When is referral credit applied?

I activated a new account with a referral number but I don't see the referral credit.

Carld123

@peacockpresley

Within 72 hrs..as it states...as long as the sign up was done online....not in-store......and of course if you added a referral from a friend....

peacockpresley

This did not automatically happen. Do i have to type in a promo code or go to a different link what do I have to do its not showing up in my rewards??!?!?!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@maghob wrote:

My friend and myself did not get $25 credit. My friend activated their line a week ago. I received PM text : "Congratulations! You have successfully refered a friend." I am on prepaid $10 monthly plan for the last 3 month. Under my rewards, it is showing $1 monthly credit.

Did your friend do it all online or did they activate it in a store? This is an online only promo. It would also take a few days to see it.

Carld123

@maghob

This is a very common question....if they signed up instore..you got your 1$...if they activated online ..at home...you would have got the 25$....

maghob

My friend and myself did not get $25 credit. My friend activated their line a week ago. I received PM text : "Congratulations! You have successfully refered a friend." I am on prepaid $10 monthly plan for the last 3 month. Under my rewards, it is showing $1 monthly credit.

popping

@Anonymous 

Thanks for pointing out my error.  I updated my post.

Need Help? Let's chat.