cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Until January 1 - Get a $25 Credit for You and Your Friend by Referring them to Public Mobile

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

*This offer has been extended to January 1, 2019.

*This offer is online-only.

*Online SIM delivery may be longer than usual until Canada Post rotating strike has ended. For the time being, we recommend you pick up a SIM by visiting one of our retail partners. To find your nearest participating retail partner, click here.

Hey Community,

From November 15th, 2018 until January 1st, 2019, you and your friend can each get a $25 credit when you refer them to Public Mobile and they activate online.

Get the full scoop below.

Taking advantage of this promo is easy. Just follow these steps:

As a Public Mobile customer you need to:

1. Be a good pal and refer a friend to Public Mobile.
  2. Tell your friend that they need to successfully activate online on a 30 or 90-day plan during the promotional period and include you as their referrer in order to be eligible for the promotion.
  3. The one-time $25 credit will be applied to your Self-Serve account within 72 hours of your friend’s online activation. In addition, you will continue to be eligible for the $1 referral credit off your monthly bill for as long as your friend stays with Public Mobile.

Your friend will need to:

1. Activate a Public Mobile SIM card online on any 30 or 90-day plan at activate.publicmobile.ca.
  2. Enter your active Public Mobile phone number on the referral page during the activation process. Be sure they enter your number and not their own so you get credit for the referral.
  3. The one-time $25 credit will be applied to their Self-Serve account within 72 hours of activation.

FAQs and terms and conditions are below. Happy referring!

-Public Mobile Community team

FAQs:

Spoiler

Refer a Friend Promotion FAQs

1. If I am referred and then I refer a friend or family member am I eligible for both sender and receiver rewards?
    Yes, you are. This means that you would receive one $25 credit for being referred. Then, after activating with Public Mobile, you are eligible to take part in this promotion as a referral sender and earn $25 Refer-a-Friend credits during the promotional period. Learn more here.
  2. I am a Legacy customer. Am I eligible for these rewards?
    Legacy customers are not eligible for rewards. However, Legacy customers’ referrals are eligible for this offer, and can receive a one-time $25 account credit.
    To learn more about Reward eligibility and Rewards,visit publicmobile.ca/rewardrules . If you would like to take advantage of this promotional offer, our support team can help you switch your plan to one that is currently available.
  3. As the referral receiver, am I eligible for the ongoing $10 Refer a Friend Reward credit, as well as this $25 Refer a Friend credit?
    No, these credits are not stackable. Instead, you will receive a total of $25 via an account credit, rather than the ongoing $10 Refer-a-Friend Reward credit.
  4. When does this promotion end?
    This promotion will end January 1, 2019 11:59PM ET.

Terms and Conditions

Referral sender (current Public Mobile customer)

• All existing Refer a Friend eligibility requirements and rules apply. To learn more, visit publicmobile.ca/rewardrules.
    • While Legacy customers are not eligible for Public Mobile Refer a Friend rewards, Legacy customers’ referrals are eligible for this offer, and can receive a one-time $25 account credit.
    • You and your referee have to accept these terms to participate in the program.
    • You can only refer individuals with whom you have a personal or family relationship to ensure compliance with Canada's anti-spam legislation.  
    • You can’t refer yourself or an existing Public Mobile customer.
    • TELUS team members, contractors, sales representatives acting on TELUS's behalf and associates at retail locations who receive special pricing are excluded from this promotion.

Referral receiver (your friend)

• Must activate on a 30 or 90-day plan with Public Mobile.
    • You must input the referral information (referrer’s Public Mobile phone number) during your activation.
    • You and your referrer have to accept these terms to participate in the program.
    • After activating with Public Mobile, you are eligible to take part in this promotion as a referral sender.

OTHER

TELUS assumes no responsibility for lost, delayed, damaged or misdirected referrals or communications or for any failure of the website, for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or referral to be received by TELUS on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to your (or any other person's) computer related to or resulting from this program. TELUS reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, cancel or suspend this program should a virus, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of TELUS, corrupt the security or proper administration of the program or for any other reason. Referrals are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, unintelligible, falsified, altered or tampered with or unlawful in any way. Referrals submitted by unauthorized means will be disqualified. In the event that it has been determined that a referral has been made in a manner not sanctioned by these terms, you and all of you referrals will be disqualified from this program and any referral credits that have been awarded will be deducted. You agree to abide by the terms of this program and the decisions of the TELUS team, which are final. This program is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.

TELUS may end the promotion or change any of the terms at any time, without notice and without obligation to award any promotion.

PRIVACY

Your privacy is important to TELUS. We have a long-standing policy of protecting the privacy of our customers in all of our business operations. Please visit telus.com/privacy for more information on the principles that govern the collection, use and disclosure of personal information. These principles reflect our continuing commitment to protecting our customers' privacy.

343 REPLIES 343

@pramod

That is unfortunate.  

You should still get the regular $10 friend referral and your friend will get the ongoing $1 monthly credit.  Of course, not as good as the $25 for both parties.  

pramod
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@smp99 wrote:

Just to highlight - ONLINE only - do not activate in store

**bleep**! I did not read the fine print and activated in the store. Lost $ 25 for both myself and the person who referred me.

I haven't read everything that was said here, but I'm glad to see this promo again, thanks! 🙂

@zmh1175 wrote:

This is fake AD. At least I didnt get my reward after refered a friend.

Did your friend activate at home yesterday?  The reward can take upto 72 hours to be placed in your account.

Taking advantage of this promo is easy. Just follow these steps:

As a Public Mobile customer you need to:

1. Be a good pal and refer a friend to Public Mobile.
  2. Tell your friend that they need to successfully activate online on a 30 or 90-day plan during the promotional period and include you as their referrer in order to be eligible for the promotion.
  3. The one-time $25 credit will be applied to your Self-Serve account within 72 hours of your friend’s online activation. In addition, you will continue to be eligible for the $1 referral credit off your monthly bill for as long as your friend stays with Public Mobile.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

zmh1175
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

This is fake AD. At least I didnt get my reward after refered a friend.

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Really nice promo, time to start referring again Smiley LOL

@6500K wrote:

Thank you for another great special!  Now I can get my son a PM plan so I can call him for his whereabouts hahaha.

On another note, I read this thread and thought that everyone had good points.  My two cents: better 2-3 days wait times here than the big companies.  Having had many support calls for their services I always felt that I had to get through so many layers of support groups to get something done.  At least here, I feel that someone who can actually do something will be looking at my issues.  This is a huge difference in my opinion.  That's why I will always encourage anyone who wants to switch providers to come over to PM.

By the way, I can't even count the number of calls I had with Bell and Rogers and also heard from friends that were way longer than 2-3 days to get issues resolved.  I know this may be opening a can of worms but it's good to get things out in the open.  Solutions cannot happen it things are not said.

I have been a Rogers internet and cable TV customer forever.  I consider myself to be pretty knowledgeable on how to work with their customer service.  When I need to contact them for anything, I allocate a two hour window for making the call and I expect a second and possibly third interaction before I am satisfied with the solution.  It is deceptive that immediately upon calling the toll free number, a bot starts talking to you.  That's not the solution but rather the beginning of a journey without a road map and timeline.  

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@JenPM  no not eligable 

@JenPM wrote:

Thanks Alan! I referred a friend and he activated on November 12th, do you know if I will be able to to receive the $25 credit? 

Please advise and thanks! 

JenPM
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks Alan! I referred a friend and he activated on November 12th, do you know if I will be able to to receive the $25 credit? 

Please advise and thanks! 

mcs11
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@popping wrote:

I am not taking side on this arguments.

We don't know the percentage of subscribers who have issue with PM.  We all hear about the issues reported on this forum.  But I am sure that there are lots of happy subscribers who do not have any service issues.

For me, I will continue to refer my friends and family to PM with my hand-on approach.  I prepare them what will happen with the PM DIY service.  I am telling them to expect 2 - 3 days of no service if problem comes up.  I deserve to earn the referral reward for my before and after activation support to my friends and family.  I believe that a well informed subscriber is a happy subscriber.  My friends and family expect the 2 - 3 days before activation.  I am here for them when they have problem with PM service just like my contributions to this community.

Telus raised the stock dividend recently.  Telus is making money.  It is up to them to decide whether the moderator long wait time is hurting the PM brand or not.  All we can do is to remind them about the long wait time.

@popping Totally agree that as long as family & friends are warned of potential wait times if they run into issues that cannot be solved via the community, I am comfortable referring them to Public Mobile. I've been a member now for about 6 weeks and I've found that the knowledge here is extensive and can often be resolved before moderators need to be contacted. Thanks to those of you who are able to logon every day and help out those struggling to get their service up and running.

szymon247
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I think the larger problem than the timing is the severe understaffing at support and inefficient issue tracking processes. Judging by the posts the wait times have not been reasonable for more than a few months now, even in the absence of (regular) promos. I feel like there was some cut or otherwise decrease to support performance that is clearly very far from the level at which it should be, even with the current amount of users and when things are fairly stable. I think a situation where users request that the network doesn't do a regular promo due to the support being then even more unavailable is quite telling.

Thank you for another great special!  Now I can get my son a PM plan so I can call him for his whereabouts hahaha.

On another note, I read this thread and thought that everyone had good points.  My two cents: better 2-3 days wait times here than the big companies.  Having had many support calls for their services I always felt that I had to get through so many layers of support groups to get something done.  At least here, I feel that someone who can actually do something will be looking at my issues.  This is a huge difference in my opinion.  That's why I will always encourage anyone who wants to switch providers to come over to PM.

By the way, I can't even count the number of calls I had with Bell and Rogers and also heard from friends that were way longer than 2-3 days to get issues resolved.  I know this may be opening a can of worms but it's good to get things out in the open.  Solutions cannot happen it things are not said.

@srlawren wrote:

@will13am I'm going to just say that our approaches differ greatly, and I'm going to step away from the conversation since I don't think either of us will convince the other of our point of view.  I hope you have a lovely evening 🙂  Cheers!

Let's agree to disagree on this one.  Smiley Happy

srlawren

@will13am I'm going to just say that our approaches differ greatly, and I'm going to step away from the conversation since I don't think either of us will convince the other of our point of view.  I hope you have a lovely evening 🙂  Cheers!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren wrote:

@will13am I get what you're saying, but not addressing the system issues and/or moderator wait times will lead to people leaving the system, resulting in a shrinking user base.  Signing people up in droves only to severely anger them within the first few months is not a sustainable way to grow your subscriber base.  

Let's just say that my reputation as a good resource for this kind of stuff is on the line each and every time I recommend this service to someone that I know well.  Do I take this lightly?  I don't.  At the same time, if you were to ask me about Public Mobile, I would not start by finding the most venomous rant in this forum and ask people to read for themselves.  Having a multi day response time for customer service is not something any service provider should be proud of.  At the same time, having the best response time ever is not a guarantee of a good overall experience. 

Effort

I like it. I don't want to disclose my balance but I'm sitting happy for a while. Hopefully that turns in to a very long while when the promo ends and I might even switch to the 8GB line.

shartomjam
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Thanks for another promo.  Timing should be good for me to get my daughter on PM now that her phone is paid off.

srlawren

@will13am I get what you're saying, but not addressing the system issues and/or moderator wait times will lead to people leaving the system, resulting in a shrinking user base.  Signing people up in droves only to severely anger them within the first few months is not a sustainable way to grow your subscriber base.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

popping

@ShawnC13 wrote:

Glad to see that with your good explanation.  I wouldn't want anyone I know to be 3 days without service

I let my friends and family knows the 2- 3 days wait.  It is up to them whether to accept the delay in exchange of a cheaper plan or not.  They know what they are getting into. 

@popping wrote:

We don't know the percentage of subscribers who have issue with PM.  We all hear about the issues reported on this forum.  But I am sure that there are lots of happy subscribers who do not have any service issues.

For me, I will continue to refer my friends and family to PM with my hand-on approach.  I prepare them what will happen with the PM DIY service.  I am telling them to expect 2 - 3 days of no service if problem comes up.  I deserve to earn the referral reward for my before and after activation support to my friends and family.  I believe that a well informed subscriber is a happy subscriber.  My friends and family expect the 2 - 3 days before activation.  I am here for them when they have problem with PM service just like my contributions to this community.

Telus raised the stock dividend recently.  Telus is making money.  It is up to them to decide whether the moderator long wait time is hurting the PM brand or not.  All we can do is to remind them about the long wait time.

+1,000,000!  I have never been on the receiving end of any venom due to anything with this service.  I have every confidence that nothing is changing going forward.

For those that don't understand what I am saying from a business perspective, let me put it in human terms.  When the business is booming, the employees are fully engaged in running the business.  They might be overworked and stressed by customer overload.  For a shrinking business, the employees are left wondering what will happen next.  They will always be looking over their shoulders to see if something bad is about to happen.  Scenario one yields engaged employers and therefore better customer service.  Scenario two might yield less busy employees.  But they are disengaged and focused on anything but customer service.  As a customer, I would much prefer to be a part of scenario one. 

@popping wrote:

Glad to see that with your good explanation.  I wouldn't want anyone I know to be 3 days without service

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Wonder_why wrote:

@srlawren sure why not PM have no policy about it

They do in the TOS of no solicitation

@Mary_M wrote:

Good morning,

I just wanted to reinforce the community services terms.

**You may not:

• a. post, upload, publish, display, encode, reproduce, transmit or otherwise distribute and/or disseminate information or material on the Site: constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offence or give rise to civil liability; (ii) which is protected by copyright, or other intellectual property right or derivative works thereof, without obtaining permission of the rights holder; (iii) promoting racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual, could be harmful to minors, or harasses or advocates harassment of another person; (iv) which solicits passwords, personal information, funds, goods and/or services or otherwise solicits information for commercial or unlawful purposes (v) that contains advertising;

Thank you,

Mary

Wonder_why

@srlawren sure why not PM have no policy about it

popping

@will13am, no not suggesting to contact all of your referrals you currently have and tell tehm they should be looking for a new provider.  I have found that my service and the people I have referred has been very stable with no issues.  As for new referrals I personally feel that with the recent glitches and service backlogs and strange occurances on accounts put a friend or family member in the risk of experiencing this.  I understand we don't use the service for interaction with the support team and hope we never have to use the support team.  I have never had any issues with any of the accounts I have managed or referred so I am not sure if the main issues happening now are a user error or a system error.  I am still a strong supporter of PM but will not throw myself under the bus until it at least slows down (service issues are dealt with in a reasonable time.)  I just like you signed up during the fall promo and yes there were HUGE wait times then as well but they really didn't show up until after.  I am not sure if I would have joined had I read of the 2 week + response time.  The trust of my family and friends is something I value more than a $25 reward and growing PM when their system is in the current state it is in.

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

Instead of spewing negativity, I hope this brings in more customers and opportunities for me to cash in on the referrals.  The best way forward for improving customer service is through growth not shrinkage.  

With the current state of the system, wait times for service you think these are acceptable and will refer friends and family to the service?  Your posts points it all out you are about the reward for yourself and not stability of the service for your referrals

Let me try to understand your contrarian view.  What you are suggesting is that instead of promoting more friends and family to use the service, I should contact my existing referrals and warn them that service is about to deteriorate a notch because yet another promotion is being offered.  Essentially, I should be telling them to consider getting a different service.  Well, no I won;'t be doing that.  If my contacts are considering a new provider, I will not tell them to avoid this service because of current long moderator team interaction times.  We don't use the service so that we can maximize interaction with customer service.  For the most part, most don't even know of this current condition.  I have said it many times and I will say it again and again, the best way to have improved service is to see growth not shrinkage.  This is a business that relies on growth.  No business shrinks to greatness. 

srlawren

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

Instead of spewing negativity, I hope this brings in more customers and opportunities for me to cash in on the referrals.  The best way forward for improving customer service is through growth not shrinkage.  

With the current state of the system, wait times for service you think these are acceptable and will refer friends and family to the service?  Your posts points it all out you are about the reward for yourself and not stability of the service for your referrals

@ShawnC13 concur 100%.  The referral credit could be $250 and I would still not refer anyone I care about in the current state.  3+ days for first response is unaccaptable in 2018 and there are too many weird glitches.  Customers shouldn't have to use the lost/stolen trick or add an extra $1 top up to get things working.  I know it works and we should continue to tell people to do it when they're stuck, but it's just not right and we shouldn't have to be doing it, not on an ongoing basis.  

EDIT: Sorry @Alan_K for the frankness in this response but PM's priorities are upside down at the moment.  I feel strongly about this.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sa7375 wrote:

Will this promo apply to new clients opting for the $10 (50 mins + 50 texts) plan? 

All plans.

sa7375

Will this promo apply to new clients opting for the $10 (50 mins + 50 texts) plan? 

@will13am wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.