cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Until January 1 - Get a $25 Credit for You and Your Friend by Referring them to Public Mobile

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

*This offer has been extended to January 1, 2019.

*This offer is online-only.

*Online SIM delivery may be longer than usual until Canada Post rotating strike has ended. For the time being, we recommend you pick up a SIM by visiting one of our retail partners. To find your nearest participating retail partner, click here.

Hey Community,

From November 15th, 2018 until January 1st, 2019, you and your friend can each get a $25 credit when you refer them to Public Mobile and they activate online.

Get the full scoop below.

Taking advantage of this promo is easy. Just follow these steps:

As a Public Mobile customer you need to:

1. Be a good pal and refer a friend to Public Mobile.
  2. Tell your friend that they need to successfully activate online on a 30 or 90-day plan during the promotional period and include you as their referrer in order to be eligible for the promotion.
  3. The one-time $25 credit will be applied to your Self-Serve account within 72 hours of your friend’s online activation. In addition, you will continue to be eligible for the $1 referral credit off your monthly bill for as long as your friend stays with Public Mobile.

Your friend will need to:

1. Activate a Public Mobile SIM card online on any 30 or 90-day plan at activate.publicmobile.ca.
  2. Enter your active Public Mobile phone number on the referral page during the activation process. Be sure they enter your number and not their own so you get credit for the referral.
  3. The one-time $25 credit will be applied to their Self-Serve account within 72 hours of activation.

FAQs and terms and conditions are below. Happy referring!

-Public Mobile Community team

FAQs:

Spoiler

Refer a Friend Promotion FAQs

1. If I am referred and then I refer a friend or family member am I eligible for both sender and receiver rewards?
    Yes, you are. This means that you would receive one $25 credit for being referred. Then, after activating with Public Mobile, you are eligible to take part in this promotion as a referral sender and earn $25 Refer-a-Friend credits during the promotional period. Learn more here.
  2. I am a Legacy customer. Am I eligible for these rewards?
    Legacy customers are not eligible for rewards. However, Legacy customers’ referrals are eligible for this offer, and can receive a one-time $25 account credit.
    To learn more about Reward eligibility and Rewards,visit publicmobile.ca/rewardrules . If you would like to take advantage of this promotional offer, our support team can help you switch your plan to one that is currently available.
  3. As the referral receiver, am I eligible for the ongoing $10 Refer a Friend Reward credit, as well as this $25 Refer a Friend credit?
    No, these credits are not stackable. Instead, you will receive a total of $25 via an account credit, rather than the ongoing $10 Refer-a-Friend Reward credit.
  4. When does this promotion end?
    This promotion will end January 1, 2019 11:59PM ET.

Terms and Conditions

Referral sender (current Public Mobile customer)

• All existing Refer a Friend eligibility requirements and rules apply. To learn more, visit publicmobile.ca/rewardrules.
    • While Legacy customers are not eligible for Public Mobile Refer a Friend rewards, Legacy customers’ referrals are eligible for this offer, and can receive a one-time $25 account credit.
    • You and your referee have to accept these terms to participate in the program.
    • You can only refer individuals with whom you have a personal or family relationship to ensure compliance with Canada's anti-spam legislation.  
    • You can’t refer yourself or an existing Public Mobile customer.
    • TELUS team members, contractors, sales representatives acting on TELUS's behalf and associates at retail locations who receive special pricing are excluded from this promotion.

Referral receiver (your friend)

• Must activate on a 30 or 90-day plan with Public Mobile.
    • You must input the referral information (referrer’s Public Mobile phone number) during your activation.
    • You and your referrer have to accept these terms to participate in the program.
    • After activating with Public Mobile, you are eligible to take part in this promotion as a referral sender.

OTHER

TELUS assumes no responsibility for lost, delayed, damaged or misdirected referrals or communications or for any failure of the website, for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or referral to be received by TELUS on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to your (or any other person's) computer related to or resulting from this program. TELUS reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, cancel or suspend this program should a virus, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of TELUS, corrupt the security or proper administration of the program or for any other reason. Referrals are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, unintelligible, falsified, altered or tampered with or unlawful in any way. Referrals submitted by unauthorized means will be disqualified. In the event that it has been determined that a referral has been made in a manner not sanctioned by these terms, you and all of you referrals will be disqualified from this program and any referral credits that have been awarded will be deducted. You agree to abide by the terms of this program and the decisions of the TELUS team, which are final. This program is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.

TELUS may end the promotion or change any of the terms at any time, without notice and without obligation to award any promotion.

PRIVACY

Your privacy is important to TELUS. We have a long-standing policy of protecting the privacy of our customers in all of our business operations. Please visit telus.com/privacy for more information on the principles that govern the collection, use and disclosure of personal information. These principles reflect our continuing commitment to protecting our customers' privacy.

343 REPLIES 343

axman1000
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I don't think so. I'm on a 90 day, auto-renewal plan. I was referred to by someone else and so got a $10 credit, plus $6 for the auto-renewal. My plan renews only next month, and so I was expecting it to be $41 ($25  + $16), but I've seen nothing yet. 

Max_lab3

I already sorted it all out. It's a misunderstanding on how they post it on my credit card, 

Max_lab3

I already sorted it all out! 

Thanks for all your advise

Carld123

@axman1000

Did it possibly get used towards a plan renewal?

axman1000

Hi! I referred a friend of mine and I got a message too from Public Mobile that I had referred him. This was on Nov 17th. It's 27th now, and I don't see my $25 referral credit. Can someone please help me? Thank you!

Max_lab3

I got it all sorted out! 

Thanks public mobile you're amazing

Max_lab3

I apologise thank you

Carld123

@Clarksss

In store-online = PM paying the store something for the service of hooking you up...hence the two different promotion types..."in store promotion" and " online at home by you promotion"

@Clarksss wrote:

What about in-store online? 

That's an oxymoron at PM. Online means you activate and pay yourself at              Activate a SIM Card           . In-store means you pay a store, and an store employee activates for you.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Clarksss

What about in-store online? 

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi Max,

It is not recommended to sent personal information in the community so please,

send us a private message please : https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Public-Mobile-Moderator-Team/ta-p/...

Max_lab3

I Refer her nov18 then payment due on the 22nd of November. but my autopay still deduct same amount $42 but my payment history says it supposed to be like $27

Max_lab3

I refer her nov18. 

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi,
If you have any questions concerning the refer a friend $25 credit, just send a private message through the following link, and provide your public mobile phone number and PIN and explain whats going on :
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Public-Mobile-Moderator-Team/ta-p/...

Carld123

@Max_lab3

When did you refer your friend and when was your payment due?

Max_lab3

Didn't get my credit for referring a friend. They still deduct me the same bill even though my last payment bill is supposed to be $27. I don't know who to contact regarding this. Is this happen to anybody?

smp99

Between Nov 15-22 if someone went to a store to activate they would have received a $10 referral credit. The person referring would only get the $1 /30 day credit. This is also what will happen tomorrow when the free SIM 2nd month free promo ends. 

Activation at home triggers the $25 credit for both parties. So your assumption on this point is incorrect 

fanfan
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Let me know what you think has happened in the situation below.  Or maybe a PM mod can answer.

From Nov 15 to Nov 22, which is the time period before Black Friday Promo but within the period of the Sharing Is Caring $25 referral promo, what did new users who went in-store to activate receive ?

Understanding your points that retailers want to make money and activate in-store, retailers are not responsible for knowing non-in-store activation promos, and not wanting or letting customers just buy a sim card and walk out of the store, did the new activations in this time period (Nov 15-22) receive the $25 referal promo ?  My assumption is yes, they received the $25 referral promo.  This would mean the Sharing is Caring $25 referral promo is not exclusive to home activations (non-in-store).  If this is the case then how are new users supposed to know in-store activations from Nov 15-22 get the $25 promo, but in-store activations Nov 23 and after only get free sim/2nd month free ? What happens tomorrow Nov 26 when Black Friday promo ends, and new users walk in-store to activate ?  Will they get the $25 referal promo which is still active ?

2 very different outcomes but both being in-store activations, and having nothing to do about online activations.

@fanfan wrote:

@ z10user4

I think PM needs to be much more clearer. 

If you use logic and timelines, the $25 referral program started first on Nov 15, ending Dec 16.  If you are a current PM subscriber, when you login, you will see the top right box SHARING IS CARING with details on $25 referral credit.  Can you let me know where exactly it says that future promos that will start 1 week later (black friday) will supersede this promo or cancel this promo, and why both promos can't be stacked ?  Where does it explain this ?

Moving ahead a week later from Nov 15 to Black Friday, where does it say on the Black Friday promo that in-store activations won't allow the still current Nov 15 - Dec 16 $25 referral promo ?  Everyone can clearly see the requirement of In-Store activation for the Black Friday promo, but where does it say anything about choose either/or promo and not allowing both ?

Hi,

I do not truly see where the confusion lies. Like @Anonymous mentioned one is instore and one is online. I do not believe an instore salesperson is going to alert you to the inability to receive a promo that does not apply with them, why would it ever come up unless you asked. If you did ask it would be normal for them to say that they do not know as again the online promo does not apply to them. 

So far as the Black Friday promo superseding the $25 online promo, it doesn't, they both have their own criteria which includes online/instore and different end dates. As for combining them how do you combine an instore specific and online specific promo?

For PM making this clear, they are no different than any company running a promotion, where you can almost always guarantee promos can not be combined and without doubt you need to read every bit of "fine print" "terms of service"...etc to get all the details.

Being directed to decide between promos is not required in this instance, hence why you are not directed to do so. The fact that you are not able to select one while carrying out the other is a bit of a giveaway with not having a choice to choose or combine the promos.

msdg
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks abTest!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@fanfan wrote:

@ z10user4

If you use logic and timelines, the $25 referral program started first on Nov 15, ending Dec 16.  If you are a current PM subscriber, when you login, you will see the top right box SHARING IS CARING with details on $25 referral credit.  Can you let me know where exactly it says that future promos that will start 1 week later (black friday) will supersede this promo or cancel this promo, and why both promos can't be stacked ?  Where does it explain this ?

Moving ahead a week later from Nov 15 to Black Friday, where does it say on the Black Friday promo that in-store activations won't allow the still current Nov 15 - Dec 16 $25 referral promo ?  Everyone can clearly see the requirement of In-Store activation for the Black Friday promo, but where does it say anything about choose either/or promo and not allowing both ?

I guess it's interpretation. I see it as two very separate concepts. In-store = sim and credit. Online = $25/$25. They're mutually exclusive. You can't possibly do both at the same time on a single activation.

Sure we could argue all day about marketing and messaging but I see them as separate ideas.

fanfan

@ z10user4

Anonymous
Not applicable

@msdg, you will need to send a private message to the moderator team and explain what happened, and provide the phone number of your referer.  They might be able to get you Your promo.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM(EST) & Sat/Sun 9AM-7:30PM(EST)
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

msdg

Just signed up moments ago and either missed where I entered name of referring friend or wasn't asked. How do I go about getting that fixed?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@fanfan wrote:

I hope PM does the right thing and combine both the $25 referral offer with the Black Friday special because of their lack of clarity on their website.

When in this process was the new potential customer supposed to know they are forfeiting the $25 referral credit ?!?!?!

I think the new customer should get both $25 and 2nd month free service because of PM lack of clarity and because of the natural sales process that new subscribers would experience at the retailer. There is no way the new subscriber would know about choosing one offer over the other. 

I referred 2 new users who completed their activation in-store and both unknowingly and was not told by the retailer that they would not get the $25 credit and was not told they had to choose one offer over the other. How are new potential customers supposed to know it’s an “either - or” situation if the retailers don’t inform the customers !

The purpose of a store is to make money. In the case of PM, these stores make money on SIM sales and activations. Why would they help a customer to the stores detriment? It's up to the customer to buy something the customer wants...not the profit-driven store.

I'm not sure how much more clearer PM can be when they say "online-only" or "in-store only".

For new customers, this weekend instore flash promotion is a much better deal.  Free SIM card, 2nd  month credit and regular $10 friend referral.  

This promotion is better for the referer (existing customer) since we get $25 credit + $1/month ongoing credit instead of the regular $1/ month credit.  The new customer has to buy $10 SIM card, so overall credit is $15 for new customer.  

So, if it is a good friend, I would suggest doing the instore activation.  Smiley Happy

If you read the conditions of each promotion, you will discover that you can't stack these promotions.  

@Shahriar_84

If you activated at home, online, you and your friend will get $25 credit within 72 hours.  The instore promo is different.  

bigmouth2015

I totally agree! There are lots of people here who are confused too. Just imagine the experience for new potential customers

fanfan

I hope PM does the right thing and combine both the $25 referral offer with the Black Friday special because of their lack of clarity on their website. 

If if you are an existing PM account holder, when you login the top right box says “Sharing is caring!From Nov 15 – Dec 16, 2018 refer your friend to Public Mobile and both you and your friend will receive a one-time $25 account credit! See the Community for more details.”

And before you login to your account, the main page of PM’s website says BLACK FRIDAY SALE Activate any 30-day plan in-store and get your next 30 days for $0!*

Offer valid in-store only from Nov 23 - 25, 2018.

My question is :  Where does it officially say you can’t combine both offers ?  Most potential new subscribers would have been told by their referrer that they will receive $25. That same potential subscriber would then walk into the retailer like London Drugs/ Walmart and ask to buy a SIM card. The retailer would then most naturally activate the sim and create and account for the new customer. When in this process was the new potential customer supposed to know they are forfeiting the $25 referral credit ?!?!?!

I think the new customer should get both $25 and 2nd month free service because of PM lack of clarity and because of the natural sales process that new subscribers would experience at the retailer. There is no way the new subscriber would know about choosing one offer over the other. 

I referred 2 new users who completed their activation in-store and both unknowingly and was not told by the retailer that they would not get the $25 credit and was not told they had to choose one offer over the other. How are new potential customers supposed to know it’s an “either - or” situation if the retailers don’t inform the customers !

Shahriar_84

Hi 

I was referred by s friend and I activated my sim card today morning. Will I receive 25 dollars credit or it had to be done in a store?

Thanks

Shahriat

Need Help? Let's chat.