cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Until December 6 - Get a $25 Credit for You and Your Friend by Referring them to Public Mobile

I like it. I don't want to disclose my balance but I'm sitting happy for a while. Hopefully that turns in to a very long while when the promo ends and I might even switch to the 8GB line.

Oracle

Re: Until December 6 - Get a $25 Credit for You and Your Friend by Referring them to Public Mobile

@srlawren wrote:

@will13am I get what you're saying, but not addressing the system issues and/or moderator wait times will lead to people leaving the system, resulting in a shrinking user base.  Signing people up in droves only to severely anger them within the first few months is not a sustainable way to grow your subscriber base.  

Let's just say that my reputation as a good resource for this kind of stuff is on the line each and every time I recommend this service to someone that I know well.  Do I take this lightly?  I don't.  At the same time, if you were to ask me about Public Mobile, I would not start by finding the most venomous rant in this forum and ask people to read for themselves.  Having a multi day response time for customer service is not something any service provider should be proud of.  At the same time, having the best response time ever is not a guarantee of a good overall experience. 

Mayor / Maire

@will13am I'm going to just say that our approaches differ greatly, and I'm going to step away from the conversation since I don't think either of us will convince the other of our point of view.  I hope you have a lovely evening Smiley Happy  Cheers!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Oracle

@srlawren wrote:

@will13am I'm going to just say that our approaches differ greatly, and I'm going to step away from the conversation since I don't think either of us will convince the other of our point of view.  I hope you have a lovely evening Smiley Happy  Cheers!

Let's agree to disagree on this one.  Smiley Happy

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thank you for another great special!  Now I can get my son a PM plan so I can call him for his whereabouts hahaha.

On another note, I read this thread and thought that everyone had good points.  My two cents: better 2-3 days wait times here than the big companies.  Having had many support calls for their services I always felt that I had to get through so many layers of support groups to get something done.  At least here, I feel that someone who can actually do something will be looking at my issues.  This is a huge difference in my opinion.  That's why I will always encourage anyone who wants to switch providers to come over to PM.

By the way, I can't even count the number of calls I had with Bell and Rogers and also heard from friends that were way longer than 2-3 days to get issues resolved.  I know this may be opening a can of worms but it's good to get things out in the open.  Solutions cannot happen it things are not said.

I think the larger problem than the timing is the severe understaffing at support and inefficient issue tracking processes. Judging by the posts the wait times have not been reasonable for more than a few months now, even in the absence of (regular) promos. I feel like there was some cut or otherwise decrease to support performance that is clearly very far from the level at which it should be, even with the current amount of users and when things are fairly stable. I think a situation where users request that the network doesn't do a regular promo due to the support being then even more unavailable is quite telling.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@popping wrote:

I am not taking side on this arguments.

We don't know the percentage of subscribers who have issue with PM.  We all hear about the issues reported on this forum.  But I am sure that there are lots of happy subscribers who do not have any service issues.

For me, I will continue to refer my friends and family to PM with my hand-on approach.  I prepare them what will happen with the PM DIY service.  I am telling them to expect 2 - 3 days of no service if problem comes up.  I deserve to earn the referral reward for my before and after activation support to my friends and family.  I believe that a well informed subscriber is a happy subscriber.  My friends and family expect the 2 - 3 days before activation.  I am here for them when they have problem with PM service just like my contributions to this community.

Telus raised the stock dividend recently.  Telus is making money.  It is up to them to decide whether the moderator long wait time is hurting the PM brand or not.  All we can do is to remind them about the long wait time.

@popping Totally agree that as long as family & friends are warned of potential wait times if they run into issues that cannot be solved via the community, I am comfortable referring them to Public Mobile. I've been a member now for about 6 weeks and I've found that the knowledge here is extensive and can often be resolved before moderators need to be contacted. Thanks to those of you who are able to logon every day and help out those struggling to get their service up and running.

create just referred someone last week, im always missing out on the PM promos

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks Alan! I referred a friend and he activated on November 12th, do you know if I will be able to to receive the $25 credit? 

Please advise and thanks! 

Mayor / Maire

@JenPM  no not eligable 

@JenPM wrote:

Thanks Alan! I referred a friend and he activated on November 12th, do you know if I will be able to to receive the $25 credit? 

Please advise and thanks!