cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Until August 21, get the $50 8GB plan for $40/mo for 6 months

I am existing customer and my 3 month prepay has been paid $120 can I switch to this deal?

@Joister wrote:

I am existing customer and my 3 month prepay has been paid $120 can I switch to this deal?

Sorry, but new customers only

Mayor / Maire

@jor123 wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

Everybody is always free to get another SIM, use another email address and sign-up again getting a new promo. Particularly no problem if you picked up a new number or haven't ported over yet.

Sure...at the cost of the plan you just got. Use it for the paid term and then let it expire. Give it to a friend, a neighbour, a relative, as a hotspot.

I mean, nobody should have to do that to get a plan..

It's an entirely common sales and marketing strategy not unique to this place. So this method allows you to get it.

I activated another line when they had the 5gb add-on promo. I call it my data line.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yes it is easy to be ticked when a deal is for new customers only but nothing unusual about that. The company gets something from new customers that they don’t get from existing customers... additional revenue. If deals to lure over new customers had to be offered to everyone these deals would be much less lucrative and much less frequent.

There are ways around it as mentioned. Some people switch telephone, internet and tv providers fairly often getting new TV sets or laptop computers each time but most of us just can’t be bothered with all the hasle and are content to let cell companies attract new customers with special deals. PM does improve plans fairly regularly. I started at $30 for 1/2 Gb, then they bumped it to 1Gb for the same price, then they dropped it to $25. This all happened over a period of 3-4 months. The $25/1Gb plan wasn’t for new customers only, anyone could switch to it.

Terry

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Loyalty is important too, though.

personally, i don't really care.  I already have plenty of data.   But from PM's perspective, there is no real incentive to offer this kind of thing to customers they already have.

Now if you wanted to get current customers to pay more money, then they should do a promotion like 8G of 4G for 6 months for something like $50.  THAT i would do in a heartbeat.

just my two cents, your milage may vary

-James

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@jor123 wrote:

Loyalty is important too, though.

They're giving existing customers a 1gb data add-on for free!

If it were any other company, they'd be taking away features while hiking up the prices.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just put $40 would have been nice to have this i was out of data before the end of the weekend Smiley Sad

Public is becoming a 3G netwotk, charge 4G price but in return 2Gb more of data to comfort you.  And minus live person support.  So sad.

Mayor / Maire

@dickwong wrote:

Public is becoming a 3G netwotk, charge 4G price but in return 2Gb more of data to comfort you.  And minus live person support.  So sad.

I'm not sad. I haven't needed to "talk" with any agent since I got here over a year ago. It just keeps working. I rarely needed to talk to Telus before that over a couple decades. I sympathize with those that have some kind of issue and have to wait for the moderator response but it even looks like that's improving currently.