Hello! Made the account as I also have to add, not cool existing customers don't qualify. It's a bit misleading the advertisement on the 'my account' front end
Had to enter a new incognito browser as well when selecting upgrade and add to next cycle, screen would just go transparent and could not proceed to change plan. Something weird with your
Effective immediately to August 21, 2019 at 11:59PM ET, new customers who activate online or in-store at participating retailers on the $50 8GB plan pay only $40/mo for their first 6 months.
- 30-day plan
- 8 GB Data at 3G speed
- +Bonus 500 MB with AutoPay
- Unlimited Talk to Canada-wide and U.S.
- Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
- Voicemail and Call Display
How to Get this Offer:
- Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
- Activate in-store OR visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home.
- Follow the step-by-step instructions for activating online until you get to step 3, “Plans and Add-Ons”.
- Be sure to select the plan “Limited time: $50 8GB plan for $40 for first 6 months”
- Continue through the rest of the steps.
Here’s what else you should know:
- Only the Ready-made $50/mo plan is eligible for this offer.
- Eligible customers will pay $40/mo for months 1-6, then resume paying $50/mo from month 7 and onwards
- If you switch your rate plan from $50/mo at regular price, OR fall into a suspend or inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for this promotion.
To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.
-Public Mobile Community Team
I know that this promotions that Public Mobile has been releasing lately has been targeting getting new customers to sign up. But it always buggs me when a cable or telecomunication company release a promotional plan that it limited to new customers.
**bleep** I should have registered earlier and I could have referred some friends. Good plan though.
I switched from Freedom this month too but it switched in minutes. Did you do it yourself or did you do it in store?
@Alan_K I know it clearly says new customers. At the risk of sounding stupid, any chance existing customers can get a piece of this pie? I joined PM at a wrong time. I missed the 30$ 2 GB promo as well. Damnit!
@buiya No you dont. To take full advantage of the promo, make sure the plan is on your account for 6 full months. I would suggest look for all the billing transactions to make sure u got 10$ off six times - Total of 60$. Once u confirm that, change your plan to what you want to be billed for.
Do you have to keep this plan after the 6 months are up?
You can change your plan if you wish, but changing before 6 months means that you would lose the discount.
After 6 months, you can change plans, but when making any plan change, you can only choose from current plan offerings. It's also usually in your best interest to select the self-serve option to have the system make the plan change to automatically occur during the next renewal period.
Everybody is always free to get another SIM, use another email address and sign-up again getting a new promo. Particularly no problem if you picked up a new number or haven't ported over yet.
Sure...at the cost of the plan you just got. Use it for the paid term and then let it expire. Give it to a friend, a neighbour, a relative, as a hotspot.
I mean, nobody should have to do that to get a plan..
@jor123 Yes, and paying for another carrier also screws up the whole deal. It just sucks that existing users can't get new deals.