cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: UPDATED: Public Mobile response to COVID-19

@terrahughes  You can sign up for a koho card (prepaid visa) online and open an account with them. It's free, takes about 5 minutes and 5 business days or so to recieve your card. You recieve a minimum 0.5% cash back on purchases made with your card and can be used for autopay to recieve the $2 reward. You can pay with it or continue to use vouchers.

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi,  Is there any delay in shipment of SIM ? What is the normal delivery time?

thanks

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

A SIM card delivery will usually take between 3-7 business days to arrive.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/UPDATED-Public-Mobile-response-to-COVID...

Update as of March 26, 2020: The $5 discount for online SIM purchases will only be available on purchases through publicmobile.ca. Please note that Amazon deliveries may be significantly delayed due to COVID-19. Make sure to check your estimated delivery date before ordering through Amazon.

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The second I can switch to anyone besides pm i will be.  I live in canada and have lost my job over this crisis.  Now i have no income and no phone as well.  I'm on the verge of losing my home so thanks for nothing pm.  I will be sure to spread the word

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Chicklit  What is the reason you have lost your phone service. Maybe we can help. It's a tough time for everyone. Reaching out it is the first step.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Chicklit wrote:

The second I can switch to anyone besides pm i will be.  I live in canada and have lost my job over this crisis.  Now i have no income and no phone as well.  I'm on the verge of losing my home so thanks for nothing pm.  I will be sure to spread the word

While all of those things suck in a big way, I'm just curious about what you were expecting/hoping PM was going to do?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

I hadn't seen anything in the news indicating that Public Mobile had caused all of this. Nor that public mobile would be hiring everyone laid off and will pay their mortgages. 

A $13 Cell plan from PM is about the best deal you will find to keep in contact through this. Unlimited texting and unlimited incoming calls! People need to take responsibility to  make some required cost saving adjustments and not wait for everything to become free. 

My my favourite so far was someone starting a petition that ICBC, the BC auto insurer should cancel monthly payments! My thoughts to this person included:

-I pay for the year up front so I pay while you drive for free?

-ICBC loses about $1B a year already, they are more broke than you are!

-And finally, if you are out of work and self quarantining..cancel your car insurance!

AE_Collector

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Chicklit wrote:

What are you possibly expecting any service provider to do? Power, gas, tv, garbage, internet, landline.

Can you connect with any wifi? There are apps that you can call and text while connected to wifi.

I sympathize. My goodness it all sounds awful and it must be unimaginably stressful. But companies aren't in the habit of giving away the farm.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hope things improve for you...

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Any chance we could get unlimited local minutes for those on hold for hours with the government?