cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATED: Get a SIM + $20 bill credit when you activate a Talk + Text plan at Walmart!

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Update as of July 3, 2018: This offer will expire on July 4th, 2018. 

Updated as of June 29, 2018: This is now a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice.

Hey Community, 

As a competitive response, effective today, we are offering a SIM card and a $20 account credit when you activate a Public Mobile SIM card on a 30 or 90-day Talk + Text plan at Walmart! Note that this is now a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice.  

How to Get this Offer:

• $20 account credit: When you activate a Public Mobile SIM card on a 30 or 90-day Talk + Text plan at a Walmart location, you will get a $20 account credit!
    • Eligible customers will be credited within 72 hours. These credits will count towards your next renewal date.
    • Eligible customers will receive a confirmation text message when the credit has been applied to your account. These details can also be found by signing in to your Self-Serve account.
  • $0 SIM Card: SIM cards will be $0 when you activate on any 30 or 90-day plan at a Walmart location.
    • If you wish to pick up a SIM card in-store and activate at home, you will be asked to pay the regular retail price by the retailer.
    • SIM cards purchased online will be regular price ($10 each)

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team 

386 REPLIES 386

Korade
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello all,

It can take up to 72 *business* hours for the credit to roll in. If you just received the plan today or yesterday, you will not normally see any indication of the $20 credit until you receive that text message, which again, can arrive up to 72 hours later. If after that time you do not receive a text to your PM number, get in touch with the moderators.

crystalholtby78
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Mod anser r me 1hour ago and now they not talk to me and active my son card on the 55.00 plan with 6gb USA and Canada and texting and give me 30 credit but I have not heard ba k with the number 

Yiatiohi

I activated the $10 plan at Walmart but the  employee didn't quite know how to fill out the form and let me take over to input the required info - I hope not, but just perhaps in your case the forms were not properly completed. I would wait past the weekend and see what happens. Good luck. - 

CenastorCA
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It hasn't shown on my account page anywhere just 2$ for autopay 

Yiatiohi

@CenastorCA wrote:

I got a build your own plan that has calling text and data this was on the 29th got it activated at Walmart. Will I get to take advantage of this promotion? 

Yes you will -- I also activated at Walmart and the following day a $20 credit is shown on my account page.

CenastorCA

I got a build your own plan that has calling text and data this was on the 29th got it activated at Walmart. Will I get to take advantage of this promotion? 

neddludd

I signed up on May 22nd for this promotion but the $20.00 credit is not showing on my account  yet and I'm wondering how long it will take.   Thank you

Yiatiohi

@John_Hey wrote:

@John_Hey wrote:

I got two SIM cards yesterday from Walmart in Toronto ($20 talk plan) with $0 for sims and guy in Walmart told me that it is eligible for $20 credit. (both new numbers not port)

However, I have big problem. both lines can make outgoing calls but incoming calls end up to voicemail %95 of time. both phones are in same location with full antenna bars.

so anyone tries to call it goes to voicemail directly. 

both phones are unlocked "samsung galaxy core lte"

what is the problem? @CS_Agent

Correction and be careful, the guy in walmart was wrong. $20 talk plan is not eligible.

I did not get $20 credit and @CS_Agent refused to honer the credit becuse the plan I activated was not talk+text plan.

intresting enough that $10 talk/text plan is eligible but $20 talk plan is not.

Experience learned: never trust the rep in walmart even when they say they are %100 sure.

You could have activated the $10 plan and after receiving the $20 credit switch to another plan.

( By the way some Walmart employees are university students who will be future Doctors and Engineers. )

John_Hey

@John_Hey wrote:

I got two SIM cards yesterday from Walmart in Toronto ($20 talk plan) with $0 for sims and guy in Walmart told me that it is eligible for $20 credit. (both new numbers not port)

However, I have big problem. both lines can make outgoing calls but incoming calls end up to voicemail %95 of time. both phones are in same location with full antenna bars.

Correction and be careful, the guy in walmart was wrong. $20 talk plan is not eligible.

I did not get $20 credit and @CS_Agent refused to honer the credit becuse the plan I activated was not talk+text plan.

intresting enough that $10 talk/text plan is eligible but $20 talk plan is not.

Experience learned: never trust the rep in walmart even when they say they are %100 sure.

Yiatiohi

I just activated my PM free Sim at Walmart yestrday afternoon and the $20 credit is already shown on my profile page.  Is there an app for iPhone?

Yiatiohi

Yes I just did that yesterday and my account shows the $20 credit -- Do you know if there is a PM app for iPhone?

ericbkennedy

Thanks so much, @Anonymous. Have sent them a message and will let you know what happens when they reply.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ericbkennedy, the official anouncement indicates that credits will be issued within 72 hours.  Based on that, it looks like you might have fallen through the cracks somewhere.

I suggest you send a private message to the moderator team and ask them to investigate/follow up on this.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM(EST) & Sat/Sun 9AM-7:30PM(EST)
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

Please let us know what happens.

Welcome to Public mobile!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Oleganzo, You need to contact the moderator team, and let them know that Walmart refused to honour part of the promotion.  They might be able to do something for you. 

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM(EST) & Sat/Sun 9AM-7:30PM(EST)
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

Please let us know what happens.

Oleganzo

I activated a new Talk & Text plan at Walmart but Walmart associate could not provide a free SIM, I had to pay for it.

Anything can be done about it?

ericbkennedy

Quick question for everyone: I activated on May 22 at a Walmart on a Talk + Text only (wanted data, but put it off until after the first month) to get this promo. But, as of the 31st, I'm still not seeing a bill credit on my account. Advice?

Thanks!

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi Sharq00,

Than you for reaching out to us!  I am glad to hear that you find this promotion great!

I wish you a nice Thursday!

Cheers,

Bladimir R.

Sharq00

Wow, great deal!

MacMe
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@John_Hey wrote:

I had a problem with incoming and outgoing calls, so not sure if this will help, but I went into my phone's settings and manually chose Public Mobile as the Network Operator and that fixed my problem.

@Quinte wrote:

When I was considering plans I was told that the credit was only for Talk and Text, and that you couldn't even buy a data addon for the first month.

1/2 True; you may buy a data add-on as soon as your account has been activated and you've registered for self-serve.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@marihas1 wrote:

I have the same question. I activated a new line last week ($30/500mb data/unlimited talk,text) and didn't receive a $20 credit. Does the offer work for Talk+Text+Data plan?

No; only Talk/Text plans activated WITHOUT data at a Walmart.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Korth wrote:

@crystalholtby78 wrote:

i am travel to boston usa on june 7 to 12 and i am look to get text and calling to use is the usa to call canada would 15 be cheaper it unlcide all i need or just buy calling for 8 and texting for 8 

$8 US Roaming (10 days unlimited Talk)

$8 US Roaming (10 days unlimited Text)

$15 US Roaming (10 days unlimited Talk & Text)

$8 Long Distance (200 minutes Canada/USA, unused minutes rollover)

$15 Long Distance (400 minutes, Canada/USA/International, unused minutes rollover)

There is no way to split these Add-Ons into smaller increments or to suspend/split US Roaming Add-Ons, you're not the first person to ask.  I would personally get one of the Long Distance Add-Ons (because unused minutes could be used on future trips to Boston) and rely on something like Whatsapp, Fongo, Hangouts, Skype/FaceTime, etc to substitute texting.

@Korth

The 200 or 400 minutes LD add-ons will not work for calling from/in the US. They are designed for calling from inside of Canada to destinations outside of your home province (if you are on a province wide plan) and TO the US.

For service in the us you need a Roaming add-on (or go with a local provider, services like KnowRoaming or rely entirely on WiFi).

@crystalholtby78 wrote:

i am travel to boston usa on june 7 to 12 and i am look to get text and calling to use is the usa to call canada would 15 be cheaper it unlcide all i need or just buy calling for 8 and texting for 8 

$8 US Roaming (10 days unlimited Talk)

$8 US Roaming (10 days unlimited Text)

$15 US Roaming (10 days unlimited Talk & Text)

$8 Long Distance (200 minutes Canada/USA, unused minutes rollover)

$15 Long Distance (400 minutes, Canada/USA/International, unused minutes rollover)

There is no way to split these Add-Ons into smaller increments or to suspend/split US Roaming Add-Ons, you're not the first person to ask.  I would personally get one of the Long Distance Add-Ons (because unused minutes could be used on future trips to Boston) and rely on something like Whatsapp, Fongo, Hangouts, Skype/FaceTime, etc to substitute texting.

crystalholtby78

Quinte

When I was considering plans I was told that the credit was only for Talk and Text, and that you couldn't even buy a data addon for the first month.

marihas1

I have the same question. I activated a new line last week ($30/500mb data/unlimited talk,text) and didn't receive a $20 credit. Does the offer work for Talk+Text+Data plan?

Quinte

They say the credit will appear on your account within 72 hours. I have a different plan that involved a credit and it showed up within 48 hours.

Dainty

I got a talk and text plan at walmart but I did not get the $20 credit.  How come?

suep

Have to share some of it.  Mentioned it up front but then got all wound up in the details of # selection, plan, payments etc. and forgot to mention it again until I was leaving.

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@suep If Walmart employee skipped through referral field, most likely you failed to mentioned about referral at the beginning!
If you did mentioned…
Well, when Walmart employee skipped through referral field, you should have tell him to stop the SIM activation and start all over again. If he would refused, you would refuse to pay for SIM card as this was his fault not yours.

Need Help? Let's chat.